JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OFA URC 6440
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diogojcr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:28 am    Post subject: OFA URC 6440 Reply with quote

Hello all,

Just got this remote (http://www.oneforall.co.uk/remotes/urc6440-simple-4.html). It comes with an USB cable and connection so we can "configure" it on www.simpleset.com.

When it is connected to a PC it shows as an USB Mass Storage Device and inside it is a "settings.bin" file, used by the "simpleset" website to read and save the configs, problem is that we can't configure anything on the website, it basically sets the device codes as if we entered them, manually, on the remote itself.

Is there any way to use the USB connection to manually configure the remote with, for example, hex codes? Or some kind of software like JP1 remotes use.

It's my first universal remote, sorry if anything sounds silly.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please use the Device Manager to find the VID (Vendor) and PID (product) IDs. Probably VID is 06E7, and maybe the PID will be 80xx.
diogojcr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Please use the Device Manager to find the VID (Vendor) and PID (product) IDs. Probably VID is 06E7, and maybe the PID will be 80xx.

Yup, VID is 06E7 and PID is 8015.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, that's a good start, although we have not seen the 6440 before. We have experience with the Xsight Lite and Plus (and their USA cousins) which also use the Maxim MAXQ622 chip. We can program those remotes using RMIR. However, they don't store a settings.bin file.

I'd like you to download RMIR Alpha21e, and follow its somewhat detailed installation. Once it is running, do Remote/Raw Download, save it, and upload the IR file and your settings.bin file to the Diagnosis area of the File Section. Post a link to the files here.
diogojcr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
OK, that's a good start, although we have not seen the 6440 before. We have experience with the Xsight Lite and Plus (and their USA cousins) which also use the Maxim MAXQ622 chip. We can program those remotes using RMIR. However, they don't store a settings.bin file.

I'd like you to download RMIR Alpha21e, and follow its somewhat detailed installation. Once it is running, do Remote/Raw Download, save it, and upload the IR file and your settings.bin file to the Diagnosis area of the File Section. Post a link to the files here.

Well, I did all you asked but couldn't get RMIR to work with the remote, It keeps saying "no remotes found". Have the Alpha21e version, with RFDs inside the right folder.

I uploaded the "settings.bin" file here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12273
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still studying this. Some parts of the bin file are easily recognizable, and follow the same format as other JP1.4/2/3 remotes. But there are some other aspects that I don't understand. For example, I think you're using setup code TV 2051 (typically Samsung) and Audio 1441 (Sony), and have learned 4 signals into the remote.

In any case apparently we can't immediately use RMIR to talk to the remote. It is very likely that we can modify RMIR to generate the bin file, but to do that we will need not only some programming but also experiments to identify the button number of each button and to discover the capabilities of the remote. If you're interested in pursuing this, please try entering setup mode (Hold setup until 2 blinks) and then finding if any of the 9XX commands give 2 blinks. I'd start with 995. which is used to define a macro.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG, remember that with XSight remotes, the absence of a RDF file will result in "No remotes found", so it may not be true that RMIR needs modifying to read it. Try creating a minimal RDF.
tranx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, would also like to help, and use JP1/RMIR if possible:-

978, 983, 992, all give 2 blinks
992 works as usual to duplicate a marked 'device selection device type' to another device button.
995 gives 2 blinks once a device has been set up, and works to configure macros but, although 978 blinks twice, haven't been able to get DSMs.
980, 981 give 4 blinks and clear the remote of user settings.
975 does not give 2 blinks but there is a dedicated Copy button to press for 3 secs, which acts like 975 for 6440 to learn from another remote.

following 983:-
- button 1 = 2 blinks
- button 2 = 5 blinks
- button 3 = 7 blinks
- button 4 = 0 blinks

After 980/981, and without resort to simpleset.com, copying an earlier saved 'settings' file back from PC to the 6440 remote restores that earlier configuration.

TV=Samsung F8000,
PVR= Humax Freeview PVR9300,
'DVD' (set up as a 2nd 'PVR') = Humax FoxSat HDR
Volume punchthrough from Tv

Samsung InputTv on Tv's AV button
Samsung Hdmi2 on PVR's AV button
Samsung Hdmi1 on DVD's (PVR2) AV button

.bin settings file:- http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12274
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tranx,
That's great. It really helps to have an experienced JP1 user checking stuff out.

I've made a skeleton RDF file, with some guesses at button numbers, but with a number of proforma entries. Maybe it will allow a raw download. You certainly shouldn't try to upload to the remote with this RDF.

However, I think running JP2Sniffer will be more informative, since it shows the remote's response to commands on the Low Level tab. On the High Level tab, ask it to Download from E2. If the remote responds at all--don't forget to check the Low Level tab--please copy and paste whatever it says.
tranx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diogojcr, thanks for ref. to URC6440, it's nice because of the layout and buttons and Backlight!

3FG, Edited:"Experienced" - moi? Laughing but thanks for the skeleton rdf. Have tried a raw download with the that rdf and maps and images for URC6440 in place, but after setting the paths unfortunately the remote was still 'not detected' for RAW download. Maybe I installed something incorrectly?
In the RAW data tab of RMIR v2.03 Alpha 21e, after setting remote to URC6440, and then switching back and forth to the RAW data tab, that became populated but presumably that data was derived from the skeleton rdf, not from the remote (still not detected)

JP2Sniffer says:-

High Level: 'Data 00 00 40 00 47 45 4e 5f 30 32 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff'
and at the bottom: 'No COM ports found. Please attach a COM-port device'

Low Level: 00 02 51 53 00 00 02 51 53
Please attach a COM-port device. Timed out.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure to connect the cable first and then launch JP2Sniffer. Before clicking any buttons, we want to see something like
Code:
Interface found \\?\hid#vid_06e7&pid_8015#6&2ccbbe66&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
All of the characters after 8015 are specific to each computer, so they aren't important here. If you don't see this Interface found message then please go to Device Manager. In XP, press Start, right click My Computer, Properties, Hardware tab, Device Manager. In Win7, press Windows key, right click Computer, Device Manager.

In Device Manager, expand Human Interface Devices, and search for the remote. In XP, click an entry, and select the Details tab. We're looking for VID 06E7, and PID 8015. In Win7, on the Details tab, you'll probably need to select Hardware Id to see these numbers. If you can't find the remote under Human Interface Devices, then look for it elsewhere-- perhaps under Disk Drives.

Our current software is designed to work with a HID, and not a mass storage device.
tranx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After connecting 6440 by its USB connector, and opening JP2Sniffer a small window opens inviting selection of a COM port from a drop down, which is blank. Ok closes that window and the interface is not found

Looked in Win7 Device Manager as you directed and these are details:-

USB Mass Storage Device properties
General tab
Device Type USB controllers
Details
Hardware Ids
USB\VID_06E7&PID_8015&REV_0001
USB\VID_06E7&PID_8015

So does it look as if the software cannot communicate? or can anything be done...
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that puts us back to using RMIR to read or write the settings.bin file, and then using the computer's file system to read/write to the remote. As I wrote earlier, settings.bin has many features similar to the JP2/3/Xsight Plus/Lite remotes that we already communicate with. So we need to understand the differences better, and then to modify RMIR to write the data to a file rather than to the remote. I think modifying RMIR won't be very difficult, but we'll need some inspiration to better understand the details of the format of the settings.bin file.
tranx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PVR codes I used were 1808, and 2443. TV was 2051.

Noticed that, on SimpleSet.com, the URC7990 'Infinity' and Simple3 can also be slightly adjusted, but it doesn't do any real 'configuration'.

Reckon it would be a great advantage if RMIR could be used, especially if shifted keys and keymoves turn out to be feasible. I am not much use otherwise but am ready to try things out
diogojcr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help guys, seems easier with someone else far more experienced than me Smile If you need some more data or anything from me just ask!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: