JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lumagen Vision

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
egn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Lumagen Vision Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a Lumagen Vision scaler and would like to control it with a URC-8060 remote. A Pronto ccf file is available and works fine with my Pronto. The problem now is that DecodeCCF cannot decode the signal and even worse the URC-8060 isn't able to learn the signal.

You can find the CCF file here:
http://www.lumagen.com/docs/Lumagen%20Vision.ccf

I have even more detailed info about the protocol available from the manufacturer:
Each of the buttons transmits a message that consists of 13 short bursts of IR. Every IR burst is identical in frequency and duration. Every IR burst consists of 16 cycles of IR at carrier frequency of 38 kHz. The duration of every burst is 400 us. It is the GAP between these bursts that contains the information. There are thee different gap lengths:

short gap are 2.5 ms between bursts
long gaps are 5.0 ms between bursts
the inter-message gap is 11.0 ms long

A logic 0 consists of a 400 us burst followed by a short gap. A logic 1 consists of a 400 us burst followed by a long gap. The first 4 gaps are the preamble, consisting of two short gaps (logic 0), a long gap (logic 1) then a short gap (logic 0).
This is followed by a parity bit to help ensure data integrity. The parity bit will be a long gap (logic 1) when there is an odd number of long gaps (logic 1). A short gap (logic 0) follows the parity.
The next 7 gaps contain the button information, arranged as 4 bits for row (0-15) and 2 bits for column (1-4). After the final information gap there will be an IR burst followed by a long (12 ms) intermessage gap.

For example, pressing the key in the fourth row, third column will produce the code:
0010 00 0011 10 Preamble 0010 - parity 0 - row 0011 - column 10

A mapping table of the keys to the codes is available.

Is there any chance to control this device with my URC-8060?

Thanks,
Emil

Last edited by egn on Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a Protocol Builder spreadsheet that can be used to build simple custom protocols based on descriptions such as the one you quoted above.

In PB reminology:

Frequency = 38.000
'0' = 400, -2500
'1' = 400, -5000
Lead-Out-Style = OneOn,-LO
Lead-Out-Off = 11000
Signal Structure = dev-cmd
Device = 1 byte of 4 bits.
Command = 1 byte of 8 bits.

The protocol that creates can then be pasted into KM as a custom protocol, or into Protocols.ini for RM to support directly.

It looks like it should be treated as MSB. In a KM custom protocol, you would need to compute the parity bit for each OBC (add 128 to the OBC value when parity should be on). In RemoteMaster, it's easier to put the parity rule into the Protocols.ini entry.

In either the initial 0010 is treated as a "device number" of 2.

I see if I have time later to create a Protocols.ini entry to let RM build this uprade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: