JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need Codes for TiVo Roamio to remote RCA RCRP05B

View previous topic :: View next topic  
reeltripp

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Need Codes for TiVo Roamio to remote RCA RCRP05B Reply with quote

1. Device: TiVo Roamio Plus 6 Channel recorder
2. Type of device: DVR
3. Year: 2013
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: RCA RCRP05B
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? No
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? No
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes - no Roamio

Did not find TiVo Roamio file. I am now using IR.exe V 8.01 to upload and download to remote.
I turned in my cable boxes and got the Roamio and would like to control it along with my TV and Audio. I know the Roamio uses RF and IR signals so if I need to upgrade my remote I will.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you running old versions of the software? There were lots of features added since 8.01.

Learn the codes to the RCA RCRP05B and then convert them to an upgrade.
reeltripp

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the reply Reply with quote

I used JP1 back in 2000, 2002, 2006, 2009, 2012, and again now. 2009 was when I got my new RCA remote and USB cable. 2012 I updated IR.exe and it has worked every time I wanted to change a button or add a device.

I'll be upgrading to the latest version but just wanted to know if there was a code file for the Roamio. There are about 50 buttons on the Roamio remote and learning them will be complicated. Since the remote is RF and IR (I think) I would need to see if I could learn the IR signals. I was hoping someone had already created the code file, but if not I will see what I can do.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone had created the file, you would find it in the file section.
If you get some of the buttons, you might find that a suitable match is already there, by looking at the JP1-Master spreadsheet.

Make sure to post your upgrade file to the file section.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
reeltripp

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

I downloaded IR v8.04. I learned how to get my RCA RCR05B to learn IR codes. I "learned" most of the codes from the TiVo Roamio remote. I uploaded the remote into IR.exe and saved the file with the learned codes.

Interestingly the "learned signals" were listed as TiVo protocol.

Need to read up on what to do next.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need specific help, upload the IR file into the diagnosis area and then post a link in this thread.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
jetstar52

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried one of the TiVo Premiere upgrades? I think the TiVo codes are the same across all of the various TiVo units.
reeltripp

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did it! Used RMIR and created a rmdu file from my learned buttons. It works with the TiVo Roamio. I'll try to upload it to the file section.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your first upgrade. Looks good. I moved it to the Tivo category, and assigned an RM icon. I would change the protocol to Tivo Official since most remotes already have that built in.

As expected, the Roamio codes are identical to other Tivos. So you could have saved yourself a lot of effort and simply used one of our existing upgrades as Jetstar said. At least you learned how to make an upgrade.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12262
reeltripp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Thanks for the help Reply with quote

I appreciate you cleaning things up for me. I've been on the receiving end since the days of ReplayTV so it's about time for me to contribute.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: