JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Weirdness with an LXI code

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nos402

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Weirdness with an LXI code Reply with quote

So initially I cought a URC-6131 modded with Jp-1. I put in the LXI VCR code (0037), and nothing happened. I eventually bought an 8810w to learn buttons so I could program them in my 6131. The weird thing, the 0037 code works fine in the 8810w. Any ideas why? The 6131 supposedly knows the 0037 code, and in IR the vcr code shows as 0037. I'm baffled!
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download from your 6131 to IR.EXE and save that eeprom image to a file and post it in the Yahoo JP1 group and post the name of the file back here.

It's easier to look at the eeprom image and see what is wrong than to ask questions and guess what is wrong.
Nos402

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here ya go!

Just for experimentation, I learned a button from the LXI onto my 8810w, then tried to use that info to enter that button into KM, and upload it to the 6131, but I couldn't get that to work either. That, of course, could be related or could just be me not knowing what the heck I'm doing.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just fixed your link, please read the sticky thread on posting Yahoo links to see how you should do it.

Also, the VCR/0037 code is assigned to the DVD button, not the VCR button, was that intentional? In other words, when you tested the VCR code, did you first press the DVD device button or the VCR button?
Nos402

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh! Sorry. *slaps self*

Also, I just confirmed that my one button upgrade that I made in KM just to test, also works in the 8810 but not in the 6131.

*EDIT*

Not sure what I did, but I at least got myone button test upgrade working in the 6131, so I'm making progress!

*EDIT2*

Weirdness 2:
Code 0037 which I've tried about 100 times since yesterday is now suddenly working.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nos402 wrote:
Weirdness 2:
Code 0037 which I've tried about 100 times since yesterday is now suddenly working.

Maybe you programmed it to the VCR button this time! Smile
Nos402

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, despite appearances, I'm not quite that daft.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: