JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vizio S4251W-B4 Sound Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjk177

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Vizio S4251W-B4 Sound Bar Reply with quote

I'm having trouble finding hex codes or protocol information for this device. It works with code 32454 on my Charter UEI 1060BC2, however that code isn't listed in the Lookup Tool and I can't seem to find any other info it. I've tried learning the commands into my MX-780 but they don't work reliably. I'm hoping the hex codes will be more reliable. If anyone could provide the protocol and function codes for 32454 I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audio 2454 shoots NEC1 device 0. It only has five function numbers, listed below with my guess as to the function and EFC.

65 (vol+ ??; 00169)
69 (vol- ??; 00168)
72 (mute ??; 00037)
64 (??; 00165)
68 (??; 00164)

Obviously you can test all 256 possible function codes inputting Pronto Hex, but I would start with 64. It may be faster to use the URC 1060 to test (Tap setup and enter the 5 digit EFC, spanning 00000 to 00255) and then using RM to convert from EFC to function number.

ETA: Actually, the above info corresponds to the Vizio HV510 soundbar upgrade file. Try those function numbers first!
cjk177

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd seen the reference to NEC1 device 0 before, but couldn't get the codes from MakeHex to actually work. Turns out the frequency was wrong (the IRP had 38000 but should have been 38400)!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
CyberSimian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Vizio S4251W-B4 Sound Bar Reply with quote

cjk177 wrote:
I've tried learning the commands into my MX-780 but they don't work reliably.

Amongst my various remote controls I have an MX-850 (made by Universal Remote Control). I tried learning the codes for my Sony amplifier, but they did not work properly. I then read the help in the user guide for the MX-850 software, and it described using the "flutter" technique when learning buttons.

The instructions for most learning remotes suggest "press and hold" the button on the sending remote, until the receiving remote indicates "OK". With the flutter technique, you press and release the button on the sending remote repeatedly and as quickly as possible, until the receiving remote indicates "OK".

I think that the flutter technique is intended for those sending remotes that use toggle codes, and requires the receiving remote to have enough intelligence to recognise the toggling nature of the codes that it is receiving. The MX-850 does, and I was able successfully to learn the Sony codes using the flutter technique.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: