JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Insignia with Common JP1.3 Extender (update11.12.2013) v3.02
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tranx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Insignia with Common JP1.3 Extender (update11.12.2013) v3.02 Reply with quote

With Insignia-67100, RemoteMaster v2.02, and the Common JP1 Extender update v3.02 (dated 11.12.2013, unclemiltie thank you) and starting from scratch:- http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12202

The BluRay commands Rec(mains IR power switch), Power, and Input, work individually when their buttons are pressed in Mode dev0, and pressing the button shift-0, on which special command Pause15 has been configured, causes the indicator to light. However, in the macro on button 'Audio/DynVol':- Dev_dev0; Rec; Power; Shift-0; Input, only Rec and Input have any effect i.e. Power and Shift-0 (pause15) do not work yet. Help please
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT would help if you were to upload your rmir file to the diagnostic area and put a pointer to it here.

thank you
tranx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you

Here is the un-extended rmir
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12203
tranx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and the extended version
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12202

Insignia after 981 reset
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12204
tranx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any thoughts so far? Have installed an extender before but chickened out and this is the first attempt to start to do a full setup.

Have I posted the right info, or done something obviously wrong from the start please? Although prefer to use Insignia, have now tried the same thing with RCRP05b and its extender with the same results
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had time to look at it
tranx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, thanks for coming back
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked at your rmir file and don't see anything out of the ordinary.

The Dev_Dev0 should set the temp device for the extender and all keys that process after that are using the temp device since the temp device is valid. when the macro terminates the temp device is invalidated so the remote goes back to processing things as it should. Thus all of those keys should be coming from dev0.

Can you do me a favor. Can you try to re-create this in the previous extender for the Insignia remote and see if you have the same issue. This combined extender is actually a port of that remote and when I first did it I did a byte-for-byte comparison after every change and assembly of the code to make sure that I didn't break anything. But that was a year ago and I have since done some work to make the code smaller. I'm wondering if I broke something along the way?

Is anyone else seeing this kind of stuff in the combined extenders on other remotes? The only previous extenders that used the Set_Dev (8900 style) HT setup are the RCA and the Insignia but all of the other remotes are using this now.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unclemiltie wrote:

Is anyone else seeing this kind of stuff in the combined extenders on other remotes? The only previous extenders that used the Set_Dev (8900 style) HT setup are the RCA and the Insignia but all of the other remotes are using this now.

FYI: I had a little trouble with the Set_Dev style extenders when developing my code. Sometimes the division for the device assignment wouldn't finish before the device number was stored. When I stepped through the code slowly it always worked, but when I let the code fly it became a timing issue.
tranx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unclemiltie, when trying to recreate it with extender v0.02, or with v1,02 I ran into the following sequence of two error messages:-
"No remote found with signature starting 3A47 and EPROM size 3K"
"No remote found that matches the merge file, exinstall terminating"

In earlier unextended .rmirs for the Insignia67100 remote, and after a 981 reset, the Raw data tab says signature 31473147 and with the combined extender it merges ok using 3X47.

In case you did not see the earlier thread about this, I should have mentioned that Vicky also tried to help with this earlier but eventually referred me to you http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15027&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

I will try out the image I posted then again, because [in the latest extended image posted here, the red indicator did not light when the15sec pause should be in progress], but now remember that it did light earlier, suggesting the pause was actually trying to work then, but does not do so now
tranx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS I reconstituted the macro in that older rmir:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12227
- again Power does not work in the macro but power does work when the power button is pressed in dev_0 device mode (on button SAP).

However, as before with this extended .rmir, the red indicator on the remote stays lit for a while after starting the macro 'start BTT370' so Pause IS indeed working in this extended .rmir, and hope that might provide a clue. Apologies that I cannot work out how I came to that stage but it still seems to be based on the common extender 3.02
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are getting the error you mentioned with the 3A47 extender that generally means tha thou don't have the extender RDF in your RDF directory.
tranx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, this is the macro using the v1.01 extender.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12229

The pause special function works but not BTT370 power toggle in the macro (power toggle works ok when issued by button-press from dev0 device mode)
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that older extender is pretty much proven that the temp device selection (which is the only thing that could have been getting in your way) works well. A lot of people use it.

The code in the new extender is identical to that extender so I was wondering if I hit something else somewhere else.

My suspicion is that you have a repeat or timing problem. When you push the button on the remote you are actually holding it quite long compared to how long a single command is formatted in a macro. Try this, the macros will hold the last key of the macro when the button is held. put the power at the end and see if that works. if it does, then you have a repeat issue.
tranx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the v1.01 version,
with the macro: Dev_dev0;Power;Rec;Shift-0;Input
.....changed to: Dev_dev0;Rec;Shift-0;Input;Power

- and then 'Rec'(lime plug power toggle) no longer worked to switch the plug, and 'Shift-0'(pause 15secs) no longer lighted up the indicator steadily for some time as it did before.
When the early part of the macro had been rendered inneffective, it was hard to say if Power might have worked any better at the end, because it cannot work at all unless the Lime plug has been turned on first.
However, if 'Rec' was done manually before operating the macro, Power still did not get turned on by the last instruction either.

From this, it could seem that it could be the first or second instructions after Dev_dev0, which are somehow critical or sensitive and,
after all, not just that 'Power' was especially being affected. Indeed if Power is simply removed from the macro, that seems to do nothing at all, except to light the indicator while the button is held down.

Restoring the position of Power in the macro made it work as before, with just Power not working, and Rec and the delay being effective.
The Input also worked if the Power was done manually (Rec did not turn off the lime plug because that has a latent period when it does not respond)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: