JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sorry for the beginner questions.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shimo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Sorry for the beginner questions. Reply with quote

Hey! So I've been trying to sort through all this information but I can't really find a general this is this and this is that topic and there is a ton of information.
1. I have a 1056B03 remote that's Shaw branded (P.S I actually work for the company so it's not hard to replace if I blow the thing) Is this remote supported to flash with different codes?
2. Can I just use a rx and tx connection to it with a serial usb adapter. (The only one I have right now just has grd, 5v, 3.3v and tx, rx. So I guess can I get away with just the one pair of send and receive lines?)
r
3. I have Arris's total home gateway unit in my home so I was hoping to program this remote to work with the portal units. I hate the gateway remotes for the single fact that they lack a video input button. Is it possible to program this remote with the signals required to control the portals.
4. What software do I use to transfer this information to the device, is it anything special or just a generic tftp client?
5. What is the actually pin layout on this thing. Which number corresponds with what line? Which is ground. Which is power. Is it a 5v or 3.3v communication etc, and what are the tx and rx lines.

I think that's everything......
Thank you all so much for your time reading all that, and I really do hope that someone can give me a hand with this.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4. Read this first: http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F_-_RM-IR_Version
1. Yes
2 & 5. Probably, but you need more than just RX and TX. See this schematic:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5958
3. If they currently work with IR remotes, then you can also use a JP1 remote.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So do you have a learning Atlas, or the non-learning variety?

One of the things we typically need to do is capture some of the signals from the OEM, although from what I've seen around the Web, the OEM remote, probably uses the Moxi MCE 8.57 protocol. MCE is a toggling protocol, and I don't think it plays nice as a learn because of the toggle.

Good Luck to you

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: