JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Toshiba 20DL74 Television

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mitten58

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Toshiba 20DL74 Television Reply with quote

1. Device: Toshiba 20DL74
2. Type of device: Television
3. Year: 2004
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Atlas OCAP 5-device
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? TV/1343
10. Learning remote question? n/a
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes

I'm looking for the TV/Video (or TV, AV1, AV2) and Closed Caption codes for this TV.

According to the Toshiba site, the original remote for this TV is a Toshiba 864. It does not have a button labelled TV/Video, but has buttons labelled TV, AV1, and AV2. It also has a button labelled Closed Caption.

By the way, I do not have the original remote. For those of you who want to know how I got this far: By dumb luck, I was able to use a DIRECTV RC65 remote to control the power, volume, channel, menu, and arrow-key functions. A UEI learning remote decoded some of those signals as NEC1 Device 134/Subdevice 107.

Thanks to the JP1 Lookup tool, I found the code 1343, which helped add more functions, but not the two I'd really like to have.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't seem to have that information in any of our upgrades Perhaps someone with a Harmony might capture it for us, since it is in the harmony remote.

In the mean time if you feel adventurous you might want to do an EFC hunt for the items you are looking for. Warning EFC hunting can through you into bad situations like the EVIL K (I think that was my Sharp TV) mode or the service menu. There are basically 256 EFCs (00000-00255) that can work with a simple Nec1 upgrade and you can try them all with a short press of the setup key followed by the 5 digit EFCs

Oh and when you add your upgrade make sure to list 14DL74 in the description.
mitten58

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject: 20DL74 Toshiba Television Reply with quote

I finally screwed my courage to the sticking point and did a brute force EFC search for my Toshiba 20DL74 LCD television. Here are all of the codes which I found. They correspond 1:1 with the buttons on the manufacturer's remote, there were no hidden codes:

These codes should also work for Toshiba 16DL74 televisions.

Toshiba LCD TV
Model 20DL74
Remote Control Model CT-864

Device: TV / Setup code 1343
Protocol: NEC1;
Devices: 134;107
Pid: 005A
Fixed: 20 9E 29

EFC Button

119 Power
185 TV
183 AV1
187 AV2
180 1
184 2
182 3
186 4
53 5
57 6
55 7
181 8
122 9
56 0
54 100 (CATV mode only)
58 Volume +
123 Volume -
244 Mute
117 Channel Up
249 Channel Down
231 Skip ON/OFF (Skip over a channel when using Channel keys.)
248 Last/Recall (Jumps to last channel viewed)
233 Picture (Rotates among USER/DYNAMIC/MILD/THEATER)
40 Sound (Rotates among USER/THEATER/NEWS/HALL)
232 Bright (Rotates among Normal/Bright/Dark)
230 MTS (Rotates among STEREO/SAP/MONO)
38 Closed Caption (On/Off)
105 Display (Display current channel, program, and audio mode)
103 Sleep (Set sleep timer.)
10 MENU
(The functions of the four arrow keys depend upon whether the TV is in the normal viewing model, or in the MENU mode.)
246 Arrow Down (Arrow down in menus. Additional Channel Down)
247 Arrow Up (Arrow up in menus. Additional Channel Up)
251 Arrow Left (Arrow left in menus. Additional Volume Down)
250 Arrow Right (Arrow right in menus. Additional Volume Up)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone reading this that doesn't have TV/1343 in their remote, other TV codes that would also work are 0873 and 1198 and there are also a few audio codes that match too, such as 1329, 1365 and 1403.

At any rate, I have converted those codes into an upgrade to make it easier for any JP1 user to use them:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13670

I noticed that there isn't a SELECT or ENTER button, how do you select an item from the menu after you have used the arrow buttons to navigate to it?
mitten58

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is hard to explain, but very intuitive if you are actually doing it. I'll give it a shot:

Starting at the normal TV viewing mode, press the menu key to enter a top menu with four categories (Picture Settings, Audio Settings, TV Settings, Other Function Settings). You use the right-left arrow keys to select which category you want.

Then you use the up-down keys to select a particular menu item.
For example, under TV Settings, you might arrow down to the item Channel Input.

When a particular item is highlighted the right-left keys do something different, they adjust the status of the menu item. In this example, the right left keys switch the Channel Input back and forth between TV (Antenna) and CATV.

After adjusting an item, you can then use the up-down arrow keys to move to another item and use the right-left keys to adjust it. Or you can use the up-down arrow keys to move back to the top menu, and use the right-left arrow keys to select another item in the top menu.

Once everything is set up the way you want, you use the menu key to save the settings and return to the normal viewing mode.

Thank you for finding the other codes and creating the upgrade.

P.S. If you are still interested, the Owners Manual is available online. You might find the explanation there (with screen pictures) easier.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: