JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Common JP1.3 Extender V3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sweh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweh wrote:
mdavej wrote:
I’m not seeing where you activated the extender either.

Doh! It's been a long time since I've done this stuff and I forgot that step. Which is silly 'cos I'm used to pressing POWER on my 8811 to active it. Thats why I detailed every step I did. I'll check that tonight when I get home.

Thanks!

Yes, I feel so stupid now. It was obvious. Once I pressed TV/OK then it worked as expected.

Thanks!
sweh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I'm asking really really stupid questions, does this extender allow for hidden devices? My remote only has 5 devices, but I really have 6. Is there a way of doing this? I have a spare button I can use to select it Smile

Otherwise I guess I could create a phantom key move on a device that targets the dev/code and then create a macro that calls that that device/key... it'd work for audio punch-through (only 3 keys) but not much more!
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Atlas remotes only have 6 devices, that's hard coded into the remote itself and can't be changed.

If you need more devices you can either change to one of the remote that have 8 or you can use the device multiplexor to change the setup codes "on the fly" on one of the buttons (i.e. set a button to change TV from your TV to your STB and back) I'm not a fan of multiplexing, it's too complicated for the other members of the house, but it does work with the extender
sweh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah the device multiplexer may work; I could set a macro on one key that sets the DVD device to the Samsung DVD player, and a macro on another key that sets it to the Sony BluRay.

From a user perspective it should look consistent; I just need to be a little careful with the macro chains.

Thanks!
sweh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not 100% sure the device multiplexer works properly... or else I'm using it wrong

Special Function
DVD Phantom7 Multiplex DVD:code1
DVD Phantom8 Multiplex DVD:code2

Macros
DVD Dev_DVD;Phantom7;Set_Chan;Set_Trans;Set_PIP;Set_Menu;Set_Other
Shift-DVD Dev_DVD;Phantom8;Set_Chan;Set_Trans;Set_PIP;Set_Menu;Set_Other

So I press DVD then Power and my DVD player powers up
Then I press shift-DVD then Power and the BluRay powers up.

So far so good.

I then press AUD to select my Audio Receiver... press Volume Up... nothing happens. The right LED flashes but power doesn't change. Press POWER and the Aud LED flashes... but the BluRay turns off. So either I'm doing something wrong, or the multiplex code isn't quite right.

But I worked out another solution to my problem; I only need 4 primary functions from my audio device in every-day usage (vol-up, vol-down, mute, power-off) and secondary device select functions. I mapped the four primary functions to my TiVo device (vol+/vol-/mute/phantom2) and the device select functions are in each device upgrade as part of the "external functions" tab. (Which is a nice update from the old IR.EXE I learned all those years ago!)

So I think I can work around the 5 device limit without needing the multiplex addon Wink
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a Set_Vol in there somewhere?

That's what you do to set the volume to the Audio device, the volume keys will then stay there while all of the others go to the DVD.

You've got to do that at least once some time, if not it defaults to the TV device. But I'll tell you this that doing this "once" can lead to confusion so I generally have a Set_Vol in every device button macro so that I know what's going on.

Specifically on the end of your DVD macro add:

Dev_Aud; Set_Vol

now you should be good to go
R2-M0

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curiosity question:

Running v3.04 of the extender on an RCRP05B, and when I look at the General tab in RMIR, I see three "Other Settings" related to LEDs. Unfortunately, I think I only understand two of them.

I believe LEDPatch controls whether device LEDs light up when functions are run on the "phantom" devices 4, 5, and 6.

Shift LED controls how/whether the LEDs light up when the shift key is pressed.

Then there's LED Behavior. It's a numeric value which, in my case at least, is set to 121. But I have no idea what that means and I can't find any reference to it in the ReadMe.txt file.

So I'm just left wondering what exactly LED Behavior does, and I'm hoping someone can scratch my little curiosity itch. Thanks in advance!
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LED feature allows you to set the extender to either turn the LED on with a pending shift, Blink the LED with a pending shift or keep the LED off with a pending shift. This is what is described as "Shift LED" in the settings area

It does this by changing code in the extender that calls the routine that turns on the LED, flashes the LED or it just calls a RET instruction in the extender to ignore the LED.

It appears that LEDBehavior is a remnant from the first time I tried to implement the Shift LED feature because it's pointing to almost the same place. What you're seeing is code that is part of the above patching process. (it's the high 8 bits of the address that the extender calls if you want to get technical) So you can ignore this and in reality it should probably be deleted from the RDF so that you don't mess stuff up by changing that value and having the extender go off into some place that it does not know about.

LEDPatch tells the extender to blink phantom devices when you select them. The base remote does not.[/list]
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been many years since I've needed to install a new extender. It is not working and I can't see what I am doing wrong. I tried to follow the instructions, but the error says "No remote found that matches the merge file. ExtInstall terminating."
I am using file 3X33-notes.hex and the remote is a 1056B01. The raw data tab says the signature is 30333033. Thanks for any help/advice.
Lurker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
It has been many years since I've needed to install a new extender. It is not working and I can't see what I am doing wrong. I tried to follow the instructions, but the error says "No remote found that matches the merge file. ExtInstall terminating."
I am using file 3X33-notes.hex and the remote is a 1056B01. The raw data tab says the signature is 30333033. Thanks for any help/advice.

After a good night's sleep, I looked at the problem again and figured out how to fix it. I had to copy the appropriate rdf file that came with the extender into my rdf directory, then I could select it and the install worked. If this step is in the instructions, I didn't see it.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
It has been many years since I've needed to install a new extender.
After a good night's sleep, I looked at the problem again and figured out how to fix it. I had to copy the appropriate rdf file that came with the extender into my rdf directory, then I could select it and the install worked.

Is it also many years since you have used any JP1 programs? Just to bring you up to date if necessary, IR.exe is long since obsolete and has been superseded by RMIR. The current version of RMIR is 2.13.0, it comes complete with RDFs, maps and images in a single zip package and as far as I am aware, it contains the all the RDFs for Atlas extenders, including the extender with signature 3X333X33 for the Atlas 1056 remote with signature 30333033. If you have found that you need an extender RDF that is not included there, please post again and give a link to it so that I can include it in a future release of RMIR.
Lurker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for helping. I have used JP1 programs for many years, but I have rarely needed to install an extender.

I have RMIR 2.12.15, and needed to install JP1.3 Extender V3.05. The closest match in my RDF directory was "3X333X33 (Atlas OCAP URC-1056 JP1.3 (Black)_(Silver) extender V3.03).rdf", but it did not work. As soon as I copied in "3X333X33 (Atlas OCAP URC-1056 (Black)_(Silver) JP1.3 Extender V3.05).rdf", everything worked fine. It may be my fault that it was missing, I don't know. I see nothing newer than V3.03 for any remote.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
I see nothing newer than V3.03 for any remote.

Thank you for pointing out that the RDFs for v3.04 and v3.05 of the JP1.3 Common Extender were missing from the latest RMIR. I have now added them so that they will be in the next release.
Lurker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This question is for @unclemiltie or anyone else who knows:

With the Atlas OCAP remote, LongPress in Other Settings has a choice of Deactivate or BL Toggle. Does this mean if I want to turn off the backlight, then I will be unable to deactivate the extender? Is this safe? Same question goes for the other way around. Can I have both at once?
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
With the Atlas OCAP remote, LongPress in Other Settings has a choice of Deactivate or BL Toggle. Does this mean if I want to turn off the backlight, then I will be unable to deactivate the extender? Is this safe? Same question goes for the other way around. Can I have both at once?"

If you are going to use the Long Press (Setup) to toggle the Backlight then you could put a keymove on another key to deactivate the extender. Either that or if you need to deactivate you can just change the setting, re-load the remote and then deactivate. (The 15-100 has an option to set the clock on long press of Setup)

I'm digging back into the memory here but I *think* I put that part in for the deactivation of all of the remotes when I built the combined extender and then had to deal with the conflict that was (IIRC) only there on those two remotes on that button. Looking at the source code and the revision history I put that selection in in March of 2009!

If you want to load a keymove on some other key (like maybe Shift-Shift) you would use Protocol 180, which is the activate/deactivate protocol. If you put the first key in the keymove (it has to have two keys in it due to a limitation in the unextended remote, discussed elsewhere) as a $01 it will deactivate. Everything else will activate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: