JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Common JP1.3 Extender V3
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Common JP1.3 Extender V3 Reply with quote

I have just uploaded V3.05 of the common JP1.3 extender here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25796

This extender supports all of the JP1.3 remotes that have extenders thus far with a common code base, which makes maintaining and adding features to all remotes quite simple for me.

The list includes the Atlas (3000), Atlas OCAP (3033), Comcast (3039), RS 15-100 (3060), RS 15-13x (3085), Insignia (3147) RCA (3179) , Inteset 422-1 and 422-1 (3565) and non-debugged support for the Inteset (3494) remotes.

If there are other JP1.3 remotes that people would like me to consider I can do so but will need a donated remote for validation. PM me.

Changes from 3.04

The only changes are key definitions of keys Phantom 11 thru Phantom 20 to prevent over-use of other keys that were in prior generations on some of the remotes.

Changes between this extender and 3.03:

Support for 3565 remote - The extender identifies two variants 3X65 for the 422-1 and 3Y65 for the 422-2. Similar to the support for the 15-13x family of remotes. The only difference is button names in the RDF
    Addiotn of 10 more phantom keys to all remotes
    cleanup of some errors in the RDFs, make consistent order of device tables (internal change, no impact on use)

Last edited by unclemiltie on Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:44 pm; edited 5 times in total
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, one other thing

UEI threw me a bit of a curve with the RS 15-133/134/135 that are essentially the same remote with different labels on the buttons and the same signature. When I built the extender I built three different variants with different signatures (in this version 3X85, 3Y85 and 3Z85) so that the tools would be able to tell them apart when you have the extender installed.

They have done the same with the Nexus and Insignia remotes. Both are signature 3147 and right now both are extender signature 3X47 but I could build two variants (3X47 and 3Y47) that would allow the tools to differentiate the extender variants. If the general consensus is that it would be useful I can do that pretty quickly and release an updated version.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New version uploaded to fix error in 3X79 RDF . If you downloaded before 12:00 Pacific on 10/22 go get the new version. If you are using any other remote it's not necessary to update, the 3X79 RDF is the only thing that changed
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working through a new version 3.02 that fixes a couple of things:

On the 15-100 the list of HT key groups in the remote is different than all of the others that I've ever done. Since I use the built-in list in the remote I got the Trans and Channel switched. The simple fix is to fix the RDF for now, but ultimately I'm going to rebuild all of the remotes to make them the same to make it easier to maintain. (if you are using 15-100, edit the RDF and swap the Set_Trans and Set_Chan key definitions)

The interruptible pause is broken on the remote that did not have a built-in routine that I used and my re-creation of it missed something. This is certainly the 15-100 and I think one other remote but I can't remember which one that was.

I'm still chasing a bug on why the 15-100 extender somehow interferes with the names on the display. Once I get that one done I'll release 3.02 for everyone.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just uploaded a new version of this extender, V3.02 to replace the previous versions in the files area. This fixes several bugs that were discovered by early users of the remotes. Some of these bugs were discovered on one remote and the code impacts other remotes as well.

the list of bugs are:

1: on some remotes that don't have a built-in routine for scanning the keypad during delay to implement the "interruptible pause" I had to re-create it in the extender. That routine didn't have a RET at the end when a key was pressed and went off into the weeds. This was the 15-100, the Comcast DVR and the 15-13x remotes

2: on the 15-100 the built-in table of key lists was in a different order than the ones that I had custom built for all of the other remotes. I re-ordered the other remotes to match so I can use common code for everything. This impacted the RDF as well as the extender code. This has re-assigned some key values on all of the remotes switching Set_Trans and Set_Chan, be careful of this if you upgrade your existing configuration!

3: the default value on the 15-100 for the display option was set wrong that caused three devices to display the device setup id instead of the label for three devices. The default has been set back to "name" and an option has been set up in the RMIR/IR general tab to allow the user to set this display for each device.

4: there were a couple of syntax errors in a couple of the RDFs that were causing problems

Hopefully this will become a stable release of this combined extender.

regards

-bill
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found another "bug"

This one is in the RDF for the 3X47 (Insignia/Nexus) RDF

DiscreteOn and Discrete Off are defined improperly

DiscreteOn = $C0:Shift+XShift
DiscreteOff = $80:Shift+XShift

You can make those changes in the RDF yourself. When I update the distribution I will fix this
maliha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, just thinking about this some more and wondering: how do those 'my system' definitions operate in the face of set_xyz commands? I have two basic macros for turning things on (one for when I watch tivo and the other for when I watch DVD), and at the end of each of those macros I set the appropriate device (dev_vcr or dev_dvd) and then include set_xyz commands for all except set_vol (because I have use set_vol for dev_audio). Do the set_xyz commands overrule the 'my system xyz' definitions? I suspect so, and if so I will need to go back to the drawing board to figure out why several keys are not working correctly.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The extender essentially eliminates the feature of My_System because it now gives you that same capability on all of the device keys (actually on any key for that matter)

When you use a Dev_xyz key it sets a temporary device that the remote uses until that temp device is cancelled with either a Dev_Cancel or the end of a macro.

The only way to make a Dev_xyz key permanent is to put a Set_xyz after it. The Set_xyz keys take the temp device and store it as the device for the appropriate key sets.

When a key is processed the extender first checks to see if the temp device is valid, if it is it uses it. If not, it looks up the key in a series of key lists to see which key set it belongs to and then loads the appropriate device and processes the key.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All

I am in the process of releasing V3.03 of the extender to support the 3494 Interest 422 remote. In the process I found a bug in the 3147 that probably never would see the light of day but I fixed it anyway.

I know there have been issues with the RDF's so while I'm in for updating all of the files if you have any known issues please PM me. My challenge is that I haven't been around here much for a while so I don't get to see the day to day issues. Figured I'd give people a chance.

Since I build all of the extenders with a common code base, changing the version number to support a new remote results in changing the version number for all of the remotes, hence updated RDF's.

The good news is that the extender has activated and deactivated on some kind soul's remote. That's the most dangerous part where I could possibly brick the remote. Now all we have to do is validate that the basic functions work and I'll upload a Beta version for all to test.

regards
tranx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi uncle. With Insignia 67100 I have had no trouble installing and activating JP1.3 extender V3.02 and changing moving the shift and xshift functions to the button 'PVR', thanks very much. http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12904

Insignia has a FAV button which I would like to use so have set the Fav device to TV on the General page of RMIR, but can't find the Scan/Fav tab which is mentioned in the readme: "IR handles all 15 mini-macros together as one line item in its Scan/Fav tab.", nor does Fav appear in the drop down in the Special Functions page.
- so is the function not available for Insignia?
- or is it a matter of binding a normal macro to the TV's FAV key?
- and if so does '{pause}', in the line item to delineate each mini-macro, just mean the same as adding the pause button of the current device in a normal macro definition?

Regards
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think extenders support favorites. But you can roll your own, so to speak, with toadtogs taking the place of the pointer.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=66830#66830

Pause doesn't delineate each macro. They are individual macros with a pointer register.

Rather than a sequence of favorites, I think it's more useful to have a list of directly accessible ones, on the LKP of each number, for example.

Lastly, my DVR has a much better favorites facility than any remote. Although I have lots of remotes with great favorites functionality, I never really use it.
tranx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mdavej. I don't really want to do Favourites for their own sake, but just to get used to the extender and its facilities, eg. the Fav thing which is described as in my post: my problem was that the 'Favourite tab' seemed to be missing. (I have looked at Toad Tog many times, but think I should leave that alone for now!)

In similar fashion I would like to be able to understand, and in that case to use, the Pause Upgrade, which is installed with the extender by default (n.b. I have not assigned that device to a device button).

However the Protocol Notes are hard to understand on their own, and don't seem to match with the fact that 'Special Function' facility for Pause is provided. That seems to bind individual Pause functions to a button, after first defining them by setting a duration and name for each one, so you could e.g. have functions 'Pause3 secs', 'Pause1 sec' etc. assigned to different buttons.

The readme says Pause can be interrupted by a ley press so I thought those pause functions could be used in a macro to mark off certain actions which would be delayed for the specified time, or until another key cancelled the pause, and then the actions would proceed according to the macro.

I have ignored the protocol notes and just constructed a Pause3 secs on Phantom10, with the special functions tab, but when used in a macro
e.g:
Dev_Tv; shift-4;ok;phantom10;shift-5;ok;phantom10
this doesn't work

It should in turn tune Tv to station#4 (BBC1) and station#5(BBC2), as does happen when the same buttons are pressed outside a macro, but the 'Pause's and 'Ok's are ignored....and 45 (no station is set to 45) just appears on the Tv screen

I cannot begin to understand what all that in the Pause Protocol notes is about, but does it apply to Extender V3.02? ....If so I can only suppose it might explain why Pause is not working,
so could you have a look and advise further?

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12904
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macros look fine to me. Should work. I'd report this to Bill. You may be the first to try this version on the Insignia.
tranx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej, thanks.

Since the extender specific to 6440 has been fully developed I have been able to use the Timed interruptible Pauses, ToadTogs, and the other functions provided with that, and it worked out fine.

Now the only trouble is that I won't be able to manage without an extender Laughing
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tranx wrote:

Now the only trouble is that I won't be able to manage without an extender Laughing

Isn't that the truth. Extenders are remarkable tools. I fell in love with the extender and I didnt even have a clue as to how cool they were. So i wrote one for my old remote. When ElizabethD wrote a test file I was absolutely shocked that my extender would do all that cool stuff.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: