JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lookup Tool working?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sloppyedwards

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Lookup Tool working? Reply with quote

Is the Lookup Tool working properly?

No matter what I select for my search options, I get the same result.

For a brand search, I get "Sony" and the "30003000 Atlas5 3000" remote, no matter what inputs I select.

Searching by setup code, I get "Audio / 0000" for the "30003000 Atlas5 3000" remote, no matter what inputs I select.

Searching by protocol, I get "Aiwa" for all devices and remote "30003000 Atlas5 3000" regardless of the inputs.

This happens with Chrome, Firefox, and IE9.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh poop, you can add iphone Safari to that list. I'm working from my iphone. My ISP moved my site to a new server. Its been 4 years since I coded this its going to take some time to sort this out!!!

Thanks for reporting this, I'll have to look at this when I get home.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very very aggrevating! I have no idea what my host did to break this, other than to move to a new server. They said my old stuff would still be available under the old IP address, but they lied. Its gone. I've gotten a automated response to my ticket saysing someone would get back to me in 24 hours, but they hadn't. So I spent an hour with tech support on the phone today but they are clueless. They can't tell me what they changed so I can't google it. I dont' dare try any new code until they get back to me.

On a good note, I have come reaquainted with PHP, so maybe when they get it back up I can get some updates in. I'd really like to get a "JP1 master" verison up there because for the 10 days that I didn't have a computer I was working on the iphone, and couldn't get my answers to some questions I needed.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think it's worth a try, we can load it onto my server and see if it works.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the offer Rob, but I "think" I have it solved. I finally found the problem and have updated about 8 pages, but I'm not 100% sure I got everything.

If anybody is seeing any issues, please let me know. I "think" I followed all possible paths and updated all possible pages, but you never know.

What a pain!
sloppyedwards

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be working okay on my end, so far. Thanks!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lookup tool's server is undergoing maintenance around 1:AM October 31st.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lookup tool's server is undergoing maintenance on April 15th. The server will be down for about 30 minutes sometime between 8PM and 4AM.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Web Site Issues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: