JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Atlas remote (1055 I think) customize

View previous topic :: View next topic  
swatmommy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Atlas remote (1055 I think) customize Reply with quote

I'm a complete tech newbie, I am very sorry if I am in the wrong forum!!

I just had my HD pvr box replace - with the old one, my remote control was customized.

A couple years ago I stumbled across an awesome thread that taught me to program the otherwise useless "A" button on my remote. I set it up so that it would display my favorite channes (I had created a favorites list of all the channels that I subscribe to) so that only active channels would appear in the guide.

Now that I have a new HDpvr, it isn't programmed and the kids don't really understand which channels we subscribe to, its a pain...

Short story - does anyone know how to program this "A" button, or perhaps they could point me to this thread that I can't find (but I know exists lol).

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!!!!

Tracy
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure we have enough expertise on this forum to help, but we need more information from you. What type of HD pvr is it - cable or satellite? What brand and model number. The brand is usually prominently displayed on the front. The model number may be there or on a label on the back of the unit. Also, it may help to know the exact model number of your remote. It is sometimes on the back of the remote or, more often, inside the battery cover.

Usually, the flagging of your favorite channels and displaying a guide consisting of only those channels is programmed in the STB, not the remote. For example, to do what you want in my Comcast Motorola DCT3412 HD pvr, I had to use instructions from Comcast to flag my favorite channels. Then, in order to get the guide with only those channels, it was necessary to hit 2 buttons, GUIDE and then FAV. So I programmed a macro on my remote so that a single press of one button would send that 2 button sequence. This was the only change in the remote.

If, by sheer coincidence you are on Comcast, I may have answered your question. If not, let us know what you have and someone with that service should be able to help.
swatmommy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your reply. By pure coincidence, I did find the thread from 2 years ago and was able to program it. You were right, it was a macro - I had to enter a code then GUIDE and FAV.
Thanks again!

Tracy
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: