JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

"Available Functions" doesn't populate

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: "Available Functions" doesn't populate Reply with quote

Am trying to come up to speed on JP1 & RMIR so I can set up an ARRX12G I just bought. Have DL'd and setup RM-IR V2.02, then the alpha version on top of that.

I've been able to get the ARRX12G loaded to where it can (sort of) control the TV. This is after reading through "Just How Easy is it? - RM-IR Version" and playing around. This implies that the SW, Maps & RDFs are all sort of working as expected.

Q1: is there a primer somewhere that defines the various terms (eg., "device", "setup code", "protocol ID")? How about a tutorial that takes one from nothing, to a simple first setup for one device only, then expands that to add a second device?

Q2: When I select RM's Device Upgrade tab, I see the image of the ARRX12G on the left side. But no matter what device upgrade file I select, the "Available Functions" window on the right never populates. This means there's no way to drag and drop functions onto buttons on the image of the ARRX12G. What am I doing wrong? Or maybe this is something not sorted yet with the alpha version?

Q3: In the Device Upgrade tab, the only remote type listed in the "Remotes" pull down is the ARRX12G. But there are a bunch of different remotes with RDF & Map/image files in the associated directories. Should they be showing up as well as the ARRX12G?

Q4: How would I go about tweaking the ARRX12G's "list" button to execute a function for a cable box (function to go to the last channel)?

Thanks in advance
Guy
gwc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind about Q1. Just found "The WHAT and WHY of JP1"
by Don Grovestine........off to kill some trees
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounded so familiar that I went and downloaded the most recent alpha, only to find its 4 versions behind the alpha that I have. The Alpha is still pretty buggy, but I think you'll find 21d a lot better than 21. Hopefully mathdon's time will free up pretty soon and he'll be able to handle the rest of my bug reports, but this one may take care of your function not populating.

Build 21d
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12012
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gwc wrote:
Never mind about Q1. Just found "The WHAT and WHY of JP1"
by Don Grovestine........off to kill some trees

I kept a running list of JP1-Terminology that used to stump me, and published it one day. If you have other JP1 terms that stump you, let us know.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=Glossary
gwc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glossary is tremendous - thanks.......

i downloaded the ZIP file, and extracted javaw.exe......but how do i go about making use of it? should it go into one of the program folders?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gwc wrote:

i downloaded the ZIP file, and extracted javaw.exe......but how do i go about making use of it? should it go into one of the program folders?

Whoops, I REALLY don't know how that happened. I've got a new version of WinZip, and I must have clicked something weird. That was supposed to be my JAR file. I updated the file with the jar.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q4 will become clear after you get through the tutorials.

Q3 is normal.

Q2 sounds like a bug. Re-post it in the thread below so the developer and other experts can get involved:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14804
gwc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21D load definitely changes things - under the Buttons tab, "Available Functions" is now populated , although its still empty on the Layout tab. Enough to play with though, esp as I have that tutorial doc to read thru......

so, off to digest.

thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: