JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

AM/FM on an RCA receiver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
London JP1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: AM/FM on an RCA receiver Reply with quote

I have a learned code from an RCA receiver that selects the tuner and turns on the receiver if it is not already on.

The learned code has a protocol of RCA, a device of 8 and a efc of 113

I created a key move for device 0053 with efc of 113 and it does not work for me. Have I choosen the wrong device? I believe 0053 is the right device, but maybe I am mistaken on that... there doesn't seem to be much room for error otherwise.

Thanks again for your continued indulgence
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CD/0053 is the right code for RCA device code 8. You didn't mention the device mode part of the code, so I don't know for sure that you're not using VCR/0053 or TV/0053, etc. Also, you didn't mention which remote you are using, so I can't confirm that CD/0053 is even in your remote.
London JP1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: More info Reply with quote

Sorry, I am using the URC8811 remote.. I think the code is in there, but even if not I tried adding it as a device with just the one function and it didn't fare any better.

There is nothing in the decode that specifies a device mode, there is a subdevice, but it is empty.. I set up my keymove for audio device 0053 efc 113.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Rob meant about "device mode" was in the setup code portion of the KeyMove (not anything in the decode) and you seem to have answered that "audio".

RCA is pretty consistent about commands and I can't find that command in any CCF. Also the two CCF files I can find for RCA receivers are device 12, not 8.

That leads me to wonder if you might be using the old decoder that sometimes shifts bits in RCA signals.

In my (slightly obsolete) version of IR.EXE, the version of DecodeIR it finds is displayed in the Help/About window. I think it's displayed somewhere else as well, but my IR.EXE may be too old.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked some numbers and now I'm more sure you're using the wrong decoder.

If the wrong decoder misread device 12 as device 8, then the EFC that would be misread as 113 is 227. The usual discrete On function for RCA is 227.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some notes on RCA protocol that I wrote long before the JP1 group or CCF2EFC program or any of the current resources existed. Those notes say device 8 in RCA is for CD players.

Surprisingly, I have absolutely nothing else to confirm that either RCA CD players or RCA device 8 exist at all. No CCF files, no samples from other sources.

But Rob's comment above also ties device 8 to CD. So I think your receiver isn't device 8 (unless it also has a CD player built in).
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And for RCA device 12, you would use RCVR/0054, but that code doesn't appear to be in the URC-8811 for some strange reason.
London JP1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: That was it, thanks Reply with quote

protocol RCA, Device 12, EFC 227... thanks

btw, I was using the decodeir.dll that I downloaded 2 weeks ago from the files section and I tried it both with the decodeir dll enabled and disabled with the same result.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: That was it, thanks Reply with quote

London JP1 wrote:
protocol RCA, Device 12, EFC 227... thanks

Did you try that already?

London JP1 wrote:

btw, I was using the decodeir.dll that I downloaded 2 weeks ago from the files section and I tried it both with the decodeir dll enabled and disabled with the same result.

I don't believe DecodeIR can make that mistake (IR.EXE's built-in decoder makes that mistake), so I think DecodeIR wasn't really enabled or IR.EXE wasn't really able to find it. But in case I'm wrong, please give me a copy of the eeprom image file containing that learned signal (the file created by the File/Save command from IR.EXE). Either email the file to me or upload it to the Yahoo JP1 diagnosis folder.
London JP1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, tried it and it worked fine... And I figured out that I must have first downloaded the remote with the decodeir off and subsequently turned it on thinking that doing so would reevluate the stream that was last downloaded... guess I was wrong Razz

So the decodeIR.dll worked fine and my device worked fine... thank you
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

London JP1 wrote:
I must have first downloaded the remote with the decodeir off and subsequently turned it on thinking that doing so would reevluate the stream that was last downloaded... guess I was wrong

No. You weren't wrong. Turning DecodeIR on should work. It doesn't matter if the data was downloaded while DecodeIR was off or missing. Something else went wrong. I don't know what. I'm glad it's working for you now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: