JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help identifying JP1 cable

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bart2brett

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Help identifying JP1 cable Reply with quote

How can I tell if I have a Tommy Tyler's JP1.x cable or a Delcom-based JP1 USB interface? I'm using a mac and it doesn't see the remote.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My delcom jp1 cable has a 1.5 x 2 inch box mid cable. My jp1.2/3 cable has no box.

I also labled my cables and marked pin 1 on all my remotes and cables to eliminate confusion. Smile I must admit I didn't think of doing that on my own. Thank you John Fine wherever you are! That really simplified my jp1ing!

Hope that helps

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Delcom cable, given to me by ElizabethD, which has a USB connector attached to a ribbon cable with some clear heat shrink. The other end of the ribbon cable is the 6 pin connector. I suspectg this was made by Tommy Tyler.

I also have a circa 2009 JP1.3 flash cable made by Tommy, which looks nearly the same, except it is labeled JP1.2/1.3 and has a green and red LED which flash when the cable is operating.

Are you using RMIR 2.02a? I would expect that this will work with either cable with Mac OSX, but probably not with older OSes. I don't use Macs, but in Windows based computers, it is possible to use the operating system to see which USB devices are attached. The VID/PID would likely tell us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: