JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Issue uploading file to Nevo C2?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pbc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:35 am    Post subject: Issue uploading file to Nevo C2? Reply with quote

I am trying to upload this file to my Nevo C2, but keep getting "Error uploading to remote" when I do.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25468

Is this not an uploadable file and/or is there a different way to add these to the remote that I'm doing wrong?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that you've been away from JP1 for a while and have forgotten how things work, so you might need a refresher:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php/JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F

But high level, that file is an upgrade file.

To add it to your remote:
1. Download your current remote memory using RMIR (or preferably, if you already have a .rmir file saved which is current, open that).
2. Go to Devices > New > Open then select the file that you previously downloaded.
3. Re-assign the buttons to suit your tastes, click OK, and then load this new RMIR file to your remote.
pbc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob!

That's actually what I tried the first go-round, but that particular file doesn't show up when I try to add it as a device (even though I have "All Device upgrades" selected in the files of type box). So I figured maybe it was an image file.

It's an .RMIR file (remote master remote configuration) vs .RMDU (Remote Master Device upgrade file).
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RMIR file you have is for a different remote, so no surprise that you can't load it into yours. If you can you list the LG service remote functions you want, then we can build an RMDU file that you can add to your Nevo RMIR file and upload into your remote. I ask that you narrow it down to just the functions you need because this looks like a very complex device consisting of many separate devices and manual protocols.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't actually download the file before, I just assumed that it was an upgrade file as it was in the upgrade folder, which of course SHOULD be the case.

I see now that it's actually an RMIR file, so it shouldn't be there, and as Dave described, it's quite a complicated one. I have extracted just the service remote upgrade and loaded it here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26316

That RMIR file was for a URC-8820 with an extender, and it had a lot of special protocols loaded so that it could have some customized macros. You may want to study what they did in that file, in case you want to re-create any of it in your remote, but if you already know what to do with a service remote, and you just want the remote, this upgrade should be good enough.
pbc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, will give that a go.

BTW, does anyone know whether one can use setup codes with a Harmony 880 remote (friend is asking who also wants to get a service menu code onto their remote).
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One cannot use setup codes on Harmony. But you can email logitech support pronto hex versions of the commands you want to add to your remote. You'd have to use the information in the RMDU to generate pronto hex in IRScrutinizer for each command, then paste the results in an email to logitech. Too many steps to get into here. You'd have to first learn how to use IRScrutinizer. That would be a good thing for your friend to spend some time learning.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
You'd have to use the information in the RMDU to generate pronto hex in IRScrutinizer for each command, then paste the results in an email to logitech. Too many steps to get into here. You'd have to first learn how to use IRScrutinizer. That would be a good thing for your friend to spend some time learning.

Actually it is quite simple to do this. I have just done it and posted the result here, giving all 40 signals as Pronto Hex. For future use, here are the steps it took, which start with the .rmdu file that Rob has posted:

1. Open RMDU (or, if you prefer its old name, RM) and load the .rmdu file.

2. Open the File menu and select "Export as Girr or IRScope file...", give the exported file a name of your choice but leave the "Files of type:" dropdown set to "Girr files".

3. Open IrScrutinizer, select the "Import" tab and drag-and-drop the saved Girr file into the big box (which currently says "-EMPTY-"). The box will then show a list of all the signals in the upgrade.

4. Press "Import all/param", press OK in the confirmation box which takes you to the "Scrutinize remote" tab displaying all the signals.

5. Select the "Export" tab and on it set "Export Format" to "Text" and in the adjacent checkboxes, check "Pronto Hex" and unselect the other entries. Press "Export param. remote", select the folder and set the name you want for the output file. Press "Save".

All done. That output file is a list of all the signals as Pronto Hex, listed under the name of each signal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: