JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR Xsight Support
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrScottie wrote:
Hi! With the EZ-RC website down permanently, I've switched over to Remote Master and had considerable success with my ARRX18G Xsight remote.

I do have one issue that's come up. I have both a Cable Box and Windows Media Center devices installed and working perfectly fine. What I wanted to do was to take my favorite channels that I selected for the Cable Box and create another profile that incorporates them using the Media Center device too. I've made two profiles, but the problem is the channel change device uses the same remote codes for both of them regardless of the values set in the Device/Power Macro settings. So, my WMC profile still uses the Cable Box codes to change the channel when I press the button, but it correctly retains the other settings like Power, Channel +/-, etc. It won't keep the settings for different channel change devices for the two profiles. Is there a way around this? Thank you!

Unfortunately, the master favorites list can only be associated with a single device. Each profile is just a subset of that master list. The only workaround is what you're already doing, assigning channel and num keys to the other device in favorites mode. At least then you can manually change channels.

A workaround on your system would be to utilize favorites lists in WMC itself.

But I have to ask, if you have WMC, why do you still have a cable box? WMC replaces your cable box. If you need the box for On Demand, then just use apps instead, get rid of the box and associated fees.
DrScottie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that was the case with respect to the master favorites list as it had been years since I messed with it on the EZ-RC website.

I hadn't thought about the favorites list in Windows Media Center and I'll consider using the apps instead of the cable box. Appreciate your help!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMIR v2.05 build 1 is now available for beta testing. Download it here, from the SourceForge RMIR Development Folder. This is a full installation package that you need to unzip into an empty folder (and one that is not read-only). It is intended to provide complete replacement support for XSight and Nevo remotes now that EZ-RC is no longer available. In particular it has the ability to upgrade the firmware of these remotes to the final versions available before UEI discontinued support.

To upgrade the firmware of an XSight Touch/Color or Nevo, just do a download. It will test if an upgrade is needed, and if it is, it will ask if you want to install it. If you say Yes, then please follow any instructions it gives you during the upgrade procedure.
jriker1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
RMIR v2.05 build 1 is now available for beta testing. Download it here, from the SourceForge RMIR Development Folder. This is a full installation package that you need to unzip into an empty folder (and one that is not read-only). It is intended to provide complete replacement support for XSight and Nevo remotes now that EZ-RC is no longer available. In particular it has the ability to upgrade the firmware of these remotes to the final versions available before UEI discontinued support.

To upgrade the firmware of an XSight Touch/Color or Nevo, just do a download. It will test if an upgrade is needed, and if it is, it will ask if you want to install it. If you say Yes, then please follow any instructions it gives you during the upgrade procedure.

Brilliant. Firmware updater worked like a charm on my XSight remote.

JR
JohnnyCanuck

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that we've got the firmware loading ability (thanks!) is anyone capable of looking at the firmware and hacking it? I'd really like to see the capability to have the hardware Device and Activity buttons be programmable.

Well beyond my skills but wondering if anyone's taking a look at it?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMIR v2.05 is now officially released, as a full installation package for build 2. Since the beta release of build 1, the support for XSight firmware upgrades has been extended to the XSight Lite/Plus and Monster Revolution 200 remotes. Please see this announcement thread for full details.
vbs_

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Gentlemen,

I just upgrade to "RemoteMaster.v2.05build2". I have to say that a bug re-appeared in it (or actually I don't know if it was ever fixed in an official release). The bug is about RF functionality not working anymore when uploading a remote config from disk:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=128124#128124

Back when I reported the bug the first time I got this protocols.ini from you to fix it:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14730

If I use it again and replace the existing protocols.ini in release "RemoteMaster.v2.05build2" then the bug is fixed again. Would it be possible to get this fix integrated in the release please?

Thanks a bunch guys, I really appreciate your work!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the problem is that we never did discover why RF functionality was not working after an upload, we just found that we had fixed it without understanding how. Anyway, I have compared the working protocols.ini you posted with the current one and have incorporated the most likely difference into the current one. Here is the amended version for you to test.

Please let me know if it resolves the problem. If so I will include it in the next official build.
vbs_

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I can confirm it is working using the protocols.ini from your post! Again many thanks!!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did you change Graham? Was it just adding the [00FD] executor?
vbs_

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, as far as I can say this was added:
Code:
[pid: 00 FD]
PID=00 FD
Code.HCS08= 20 15 22 47 11 85 40 04 08 00 B3 02 1C 00 B3 02 1C 15 CC 02 18 00 B4 B6 61 CA 00 D5 B7 61 55 76 35 8A 55 78 35 8C 3C AE 55 70 35 92 55 72 35 94 3C AF 6E 07 57 AD 12 3B 57 FB 6E 2F 69 AD 0A 3A 69 27 05 CD FF 92 25 F5 81 6E 02 56 CD FF 5F 3B 56 FA 81
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems odd to me that simply adding an executor to protocols.ini would have any affect on the RF in your remote, so I'm curious to know if Graham has any idea what's going on.

Which remote is it? I'd be curious to see what difference there is in the RMIR file that you load into the remote. Like, load one that works, delete that entry from protocols.ini and then load the same one again, and if it doesn't work, then let's look to see what changed.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I'm curious to know if Graham has any idea what's going on.

No, I've no idea at all Smile . What is especially odd is that the only executor for the PID=00FD protocol is an HCS08 one, and the remote (which I think is an XSight Touch as it is only the Touch that has RF support) uses S3F80 protocols.
vbs_

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will happily provider whatever you guys need to analyze but I am unsure:
To test it I usually start RM and then upload my RMIR file from HDD to the remote. Then either RF does work or does not work on the remote.
Should I do a raw download once for the working version and once for the non-working version? Or should I do a normal download of both remote control states and save to an RMIR file?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vbs_ wrote:
I will happily provider whatever you guys need to analyze but I am unsure:
To test it I usually start RM and then upload my RMIR file from HDD to the remote. Then either RF does work or does not work on the remote.
Should I do a raw download once for the working version and once for the non-working version? Or should I do a normal download of both remote control states and save to an RMIR file?

Yes, download your current memory (with working RF) and save it, then switch back to the "bad" protocols.ini and download again and re-load, confirm that RF doesn't work and save that file. Then post both for us to look at.

Then switch back to the "good" protocols.ini and re-load the good file to get everything working again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 42 of 45

Jump to: