JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR Xsight Support
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: RMIR Xsight Support Reply with quote

Thread for discussion of the Xsight Color, Touch, Lite, Plus and Nevo C2 and C3 features of RMIR.

To learn about Xsight and Nevo, please read:
Getting Started with Xsight and Nevo

Last edited by mdavej on Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:52 pm; edited 35 times in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have updated this file from version 2.03 build 21, to version 2.03 build 21d which is the latest one I have from my tests with mathdon. I hope that Graham will soon find time for RMIR.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11978

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
gwc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Using RMIR to set up an ARRX12G Reply with quote

Ok, have been playing around with an ARRX12G, and with RMIR as well.

Using the factory website, I managed to load the RC for a Sammy TV & SA Explorer 4200 STB, and with one activity "Watch TV" to change channel thru STB, and volume thru TV. Seems to work fine.

But when I upload the config into RMIR (Remotemaster Jar 2.03 build 21d), then write it back to the remote, the "Watch TV" activity is broken. The channel up/down keys revert back to the ones for the TV. In order to change channel, I have to select the STB, then can use ch up/down.

So, couple of questions related to this:
1) Where would I look within all the detail that RMIR has to see what's not hooked up properly?
2) Is there any way to print out all that detail?

3) Given the (rather steep) learning curve with RMIR, my plan is to use the factory website to load device upgrades and basic activities into the ARRX12G, capture it all and then tweak (or maul) using RMIR. Is this feasible?

Thanks
Guy
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great to get some feedback. But to keep things running smoothly, I have a few requests.

First, please post your questions in the RMIR Xsight thread I linked in your other thread. Too many threads are hard for us and the developer to follow.

Second, whenever you have a technical question, it's always helpful for you to post your RMIR file so we can look at it too. Just go to the Diagnostics area of the file section and Upload, then paste the link to your uploaded file in your post. That isn't really necessary in this case, but in the future for more technical questions, it would be helpful.

Now to answer your questions:

1) On the Activity tab, go to the Watch TV tab. In Activity Group Assignments you should see CH+, CH-, LAST and the assigned device in the Device column. This should be your STB in your case.

There is also a global Channel Punch Through setting on the General tab. I don't know if this overrides the setting in your activity or not. I think it doesn't.

If it isn't preserving these settings and writing them back, it could be a bug.

2) No print functions yet in RMIR, so screen caps is probably the best option at the moment.

3) Sounds like a good plan, but I've had issues where I could no longer upload to the site after tweaking. This was very early on in the alpha testing, so I don't know if it still happens or not. Just realize there is some risk in testing and that you may have to build a new config on the site at some point.
gwc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: RMIR V2.03 Alpha 21D won't complete downloading from ARRX12G Reply with quote

Here's where things stand:
- Built a simple load on the factory site, to control a Sammy TV & Explorer STB, with one activity "Watch TV".
- Finally was able to upload that into RMIR, then back down into the ARRX12G (earlier problem with channel punch thru not working has gone away, not sure why). Remote seemed to work ok, implying that there's some ability to use RMIR as a librarian...
- But the TV I want to use this with is a Sony, so went back to factory website to change from Sammy to Sony. Was not able to get any of the website setups to work for the Sony TV, even tho I found an exact match to the TV model, and another for the Sony RC model.
- So, used the RC's "learn" capability to learn the Sony's power on/off. Assigned it to the Red Key. Confirmed that the RC can turn the TV off and on with Red button presses.

Plan was to then upload this factory setup into RMIR and try to back into why none of the Sony setups from the factory site were working.

So here's the latest problem: now, when I select "Download from Remote" it never completes downloading. (Yes, it sees the remote)

I know the computer is seeing the remote, because the EZ-RC tray function changes color.

Here's what I've tried so far:
- I've uninstalled and reinstalled the conduit driver via the factory website, and thru device manager.
- have deleted the entire RMIR Alpha directory and repopulated with the Alpha files, then overwritten with 21D load.
- tried to DL both with the EZ-RC tray.exe running and with it not running. (Does it matter by the way?)

No effect from any of these: downloading no longer completes....

One observation: the RMIR "About..." says that DecodeIR is not available.

Suggestions?

Thanks (again)
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gwc,
I moved your questions into this thread, because like it or not, you are an important member of the alpha testing team and we want the open issues in this thread.

Thanks for testing and reporting your issues.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
gwc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, was wondering what happened to the post. I didn't realize the intent was to add replies to the original topic posting.....something about being the first problem poster I suppose.

Anyway, no problem, understand completely. I'll pay particular attention to documenting what I encounter.

Soooooo, any comments on the never-ending download issue?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gwc wrote:

Soooooo, any comments on the never-ending download issue?

Well, when I report rmir problems, I try to zip together and post them in the diagnosis area and then post a link to that with my problem.

With the download issue, obviously you won't have an RMIR file. Hopefully after a while it will timeout. If you can get it to cancel, you'll probably have an error file. Check out the rmmaster.err file after you exit RMIR. If you have one of those after you close remotemaster, you may want to post it so the developers have a clue to what is going on.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually, when a download doesn't stop, that means that RMIR is having trouble parsing the already downloaded data. The file rmaster.err (on my computer, this is in the same folder as RemoteMaster.jar, but it may be different if RMIR was installed in Program Files) is very helpful to developers in seeing where the problem occurs.

I'm not a developer of RMIR, but I do have an ARRX12G. You can use X622Sniffer to download from your remote, save the contents to a segment file, and upload it here. I'll be able to then make my remote have the same programming as yours. Perhaps I'll be able to run the Eclipse debugger to see where issue is.

So please zip up rmaster.err, and if you can, a segment file from X622Sniffer, upload to the Diagnosis area, and post a link here.
gwc

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the sniffer - ran it and captured both the segment file & the
rmaster.err files. Here's a link to them:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12016

Will await your kind attention.......

Thx
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you mentioned DecodeIR is missing, that might be contributing to the issue. Go ahead and copy the dll to your Remote Master folder (I think). Not sure if there is a later version somewhere or not.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11271
gwc

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the file, thanks, but when I went to copy it into the RMIR(alpha)/windows folder, there's already a DecodeIR.dll already (still) in there. So I suppose this means that RMIR isn't finding it for some reason?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmaster.err seems to imply that RMIR is looking for DecodeIR.dll in the Windows-x86 folder:
Code:
Failed to load 'DecodeIR' from 'C:\Users\GWC\Desktop\RemoteMaster\RM(alpha) Working Dir\Windows-x86\DecodeIR.dll'
However, that isn't the immediate problem. Here's a test version of 21d (link now removed) with a very small change, It is able to finish downloading-- at least at my house.

I'm not a developer of RMIR, so I've probably only applied a bandaid to the actual issue. But give it a try.

Edited August 24, 2013 mathodon has uploaded Version 21e, so I've removed the above test version

Last edited by 3FG on Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
gwc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ran your tweaked rmaster. yes, the download completed Ok. captured rmaster.err & segment files are here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12018

Does the fact that tweaked file fixed the problem indicate what the problem was?

If so, what's next?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
what's next?

Sorry, guess I wasn't clear. Start using the tweaked version of RMIR, doing the same things you would have done if the continuous downloading problem hadn't existed.

If you're going to work with learned signals, you do need to get decodeIR to a location where RMIR can find it. BTW, rmaster.err is just a text file, so any text editor can be used to read it. Search for decodeIR in rmaster.err and it will you'll see if it is having problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 1 of 45

Jump to: