JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR Xsight Support
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StephenR0

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have a little more history about this to share. When I first tried this, I was getting really quirky results, but it wasn't confined to the alpha version of RMIR. I tried deinstalling and reinstalling Java a couple of times, but my problems wouldn't go away. I'd get really odd errors trying to install a 1.3 extension on a clean remote image for example. Finally, I bit the bullet and completely reinstalled Windows 7. I hadn't done that for five years and I thought it was about time anyway. That seemed to solve it. I hope your problems aren't as subtle as that. I was a little disappointed that it took so much to clear up mine.
jetskier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any Xsight remotes, but I've been using the 2.03 Alpha 21e RMIR and just noticed an issue with macros. I tried this with both a fresh setup and an existing RMIR file. When I go to macros and clone an existing or create a new, or edit existing, when I switch tabs to device let's say. The cloned macro and the original are gone when going back to the macro tab. If I edit, it disappears too. 2.02a doesn't do this (same PC with Windows 8.1)
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenR0 wrote:
I wanted to put an activity on a soft button, which I could do with the ez-rc added activities. But the RMIR added activities weren't available to put on a soft button. Confusingly, activities that I thought were deleted were available to add.

I don't understand the concept of "putting an activity on a soft button". An activity is not "on" any button, as far as I can see. Do you mean you want to put the power macro of the activity on a soft button? If so, how do you do this in EZ-RC? The power macros of activities don't show up in the list of macros, either in RMIR or EZ-RC.

Concerning deleted activities, if you were deleting all activities in RMIR and then uploading to the remote, there is an upload bug that could cause this. I will post a new version soon, possibly later today.

jetskier wrote:
I don't have any Xsight remotes, but I've been using the 2.03 Alpha 21e RMIR and just noticed an issue with macros. I tried this with both a fresh setup and an existing RMIR file. When I go to macros and clone an existing or create a new, or edit existing, when I switch tabs to device let's say. The cloned macro and the original are gone when going back to the macro tab. If I edit, it disappears too. 2.02a doesn't do this (same PC with Windows 8.1)

Thanks for spotting this. It should be corrected in the new version mentioned above.

xnappo wrote:
I get the scary 'signature has changed' message quite a bit, but it hasn't caused a problem yet.

I've never come across this with my XSight Touch. Can you describe a repeatable situation in which it happens?

xnappo wrote:
Right now, I actually have the remotes usable, but when I download from the remote I get an error - so I suspect there is a problem lurking
Can you do a raw download? If so, please post it for me to look at.

xnappo wrote:
Sometimes in the GUI, I can't edit the main activity macro by double clicking on it. Also, I can never delete activities from the remote. If I try I get a 'Upload doesn't match' error.

I can use EZ-RC to clean the remote of activities, but then that results in the case where I can't add the main activity macro in RM-IR...

The upload verify failure may have been due to the problem I have identified. Please try again with the new version when I have posted it. I haven't had a problem with adding a new activity and then adding its power macro, so if that persists with the new version, try to give me a reproducible example.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Graham,

Raw image is here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12458

My next project is to transition my home theater to Xsight - which will be more involved than the living room, so plenty of opportunity for debug.

As to putting the activity power macros on soft buttons - I do that too. I actually didn't think about doing it until I saw it as available in the RM-IR macro list in the 'RemoteMaster' button assignment.

[EDIT] Hmm- after going back in the power on macro looks like a normal macro. Now I am not sure where I saw that option to assign the activity power macro.

[EDIT2] At least part of my problem seems to stem from the button fill order. I was trying to only assign Soft1, Soft2, Soft5 and Soft6. The button mapping between the macros screen in RM-IR and the macro assignment in the device page do not seem to sync. It seems it is not possible to have 'blank' buttons - I think I used to know that...

xnappo
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnappo wrote:
It seems it is not possible to have 'blank' buttons - I think I used to know that...

No, blank buttons are not possible. That is the way the remote works. Whatever RMIR sends to the remote, the functions are displayed in consecutive positions on its screen.

I know the macros screen in RMIR and that in the remote are not in sync. The remote, and EZ-RC, display the buttons in a weird order. The allocated soft buttons are sort of pushed in from the bottom up, so Soft1 can be in any position on the remote's display, depending on how many other soft buttons are allocated. I don't think it is worth the enormous hassle it would be to try to emulate this in RMIR.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:

I know the macros screen in RMIR and that in the remote are not in sync. The remote, and EZ-RC, display the buttons in a weird order. The allocated soft buttons are sort of pushed in from the bottom up, so Soft1 can be in any position on the remote's display, depending on how many other soft buttons are allocated. I don't think it is worth the enormous hassle it would be to try to emulate this in RMIR.

Well there are two issues:

1. The remote and RM-IR are not in sync if you skip buttons. That is okay as long as the user knows to fill from the bottom.

2. When you have a macro assigned to 'Soft2' on the macros tab, then go into the upgrade editor and move it to 'Soft1', then go BACK to the macros tab it is still 'Soft2'. That should be fixed. There is some bolding of macro functions sometimes that is trying to tell me something - but I don't know what Very Happy

xnappo
StephenR0

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:

I don't understand the concept of "putting an activity on a soft button". An activity is not "on" any button, as far as I can see. Do you mean you want to put the power macro of the activity on a soft button? If so, how do you do this in EZ-RC? The power macros of activities don't show up in the list of macros, either in RMIR or EZ-RC.

Concerning deleted activities, if you were deleting all activities in RMIR and then uploading to the remote, there is an upload bug that could cause this. I will post a new version soon, possibly later today.

I see what you're saying. I tried to recreate the situation that I had in EZ-RC, but I don't seem to be able to do that easily. When I upload my RMIR configuration, it immediately logs me out when I try to create an activity. So I started fresh and now it doesn't show the activities when I try to edit extended keys in the advanced section. I remember them being available with one of my previous configurations. The functionality that I'm after is to be able to have a soft button that executes a sequence of ir commands and leaves the device setup of the remote in a specific condition. This seems to be what activities do. So I could access them through the activities menu, I suppose. But I wanted that functionality on a soft button. Maybe that can't be done.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an example of the 'upgrade corruption' issue that I thought only occurred when using an upgrade that started from another remote. Seems that is not the case.

Use this .rmir file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12460

Open the WMC upgrade, assign 'Volume Down' to 'Info'. Note that ANOTHER 'Volume Down' function is added. Uploading this to the remote results in corrupt results.

Work-around is to delete the original 'Volume Down' function. The resulting remote image will work then.

xnappo
StephenR0

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed functions being duplicated when I assign the same function to more than one button, which I do sometimes. I don't know if that bears on your example, though.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenR0 wrote:
I have noticed functions being duplicated when I assign the same function to more than one button, which I do sometimes. I don't know if that bears on your example, though.

Thanks - I can confirm that is when it happens for this particular case. In my case, the upgrade does not function correctly.

xnappo
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnappo wrote:
Open the WMC upgrade, assign 'Volume Down' to 'Info'. Note that ANOTHER 'Volume Down' function is added. Uploading this to the remote results in corrupt results.

I have identified and corrected several significant bugs in the device import process, some of which may also have affected the loading of a .rmir file. In the corrected RMIR the steps you suggest give a setup that, when loaded into my Touch, seems to behave as intended. Everything seems to work and both the Vol- and Info buttons send the same signal.

It is true that ANOTHER "Volume Down" function is created. This is deliberate and is a result of the way that the XSight Touch encodes its data. I can see no other way of matching the XSight requirements to the function concept of RMIR. Does it cause a problem?

I have now tested the loading into my Touch of an upgrade created for my URC-7781, an upgrade that has some functions on shifted keys. It now seems to work correctly, leaving the functions from shifted keys unassigned in the Touch and then putting these functions on soft keys works as expected. So I feel I have resolved many of the issues experienced with loading upgrades. I'll see if there are any other bugs I can sort out in this round, and will then post v2.03 Alpha 22 for you all to test.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Graham - certainly the creation of a duplicate function is fine if the upgrade works Very Happy

I will say that it might be nice if it changed the name slightly so that you know which one is being used where. In the case of a SoftKey I will likely be renaming it anyway.

Look forward to testing.

xnappo
StephenR0

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me add my thanks for all your work, Graham. I'll certainly test it as well.
CyberSimian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
I'll see if there are any other bugs I can sort out in this round, and will then post v2.03 Alpha 22 for you all to test.

I posted a list of bugs and sugs on 26 October 2013 in this thread. If you have got back into "bug fixing mode", you might like to have a look at the items that I classified as bugs (defer the sugs until some future time!).

I worked in software development for 25 years (now retired), and I also currently author a freeware program, so I know that bugs get fixed when they get fixed, and not before then. Any time that you can spend fixing the problems really is appreciated by your users. Many thanks for your efforts.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberSimian wrote:
I posted a list of bugs and sugs on 26 October 2013 in this thread. If you have got back into "bug fixing mode", you might like to have a look at the items that I classified as bugs (defer the sugs until some future time!).

Many thanks for that list. These were in fact the other things I wanted to look at before posting a revised version. The following one:
Quote:
(17) (SUG) "Device Upgrade Editor", "Functions" tab: select the last line, then click NEW; the new line is added above the last line (OK). Now enter the data for the new line, and then click DOWN to move the new line to the end of the list. Click another tab, then click "Functions" tab again. The new line is no longer the last line -- it is the penultimate line.

although listed as a "SUG", is in fact a bug with a cause well embedded in some of the changes made to accommodate XSight remotes Sad . I need to sort this out and it will delay the new version for some days, I suspect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 5 of 45

Jump to: