JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR Xsight Support
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fatboy

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry bad post.
Button:Home, Button:Favorite, Button:Activities, Button:Devices.
What are these? How do you use them? Can make a macro with the Button:Activities to jump to Activities screen?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, those exist, but unfortunately they don't work. I wish they did too.
fatboy

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Hopefully it's on the wish list.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We tried and failed to make them work years ago. So, sadly, it's not going to happen.
chuliu

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received an email from one for all saying that they will stop ez-rc.com starting May 8th.

the message is as follows:

As a valued user of one or more Xsight products, we would like to inform you that One For All, OFA, announces the end-of-life for the ez-rc website: http://www.ez-rc.com . For the past several months we’ve had a banner on this site indicating the end-of-life of this service.
If you have an Xsight remote that you would like to reconfigure or modify, please do so before the 8th of May.
In the event that you have just purchased an Xsight remote, a newer replacement model can be offered as a substitute under the conditions of the warranty upon presentation of a valid proof of purchase.
The same model can also be offered at a reduced price for existing Xsight users who wish to replace their current remote due to new devices or programming requirements. For details, please contact One For All customer service via the contact form on www.oneforall.com.

Alternative Products:

We invite you to try some of our new product offerings available free of charge:
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks chuliu, looks like we will need to start offering a service where we can upgrade the firmware thru JP1.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't help but think that the folks at UEI would want to foster that ability instead of leaving those customers with the remotes high-and-dry.

A group of people who want to support the remotes through open source, at no cost to UEI that has been "supporting" their remotes through their efforts for years. (i.e. not some group of johnny-come-lately. Versus a group of pissed off customers that bought somewhat expensive door stoppers.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll drop them a line to see what they say.
chacha

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: RMIR download error Reply with quote

Hi! I'm new here.

I've tried to use RMIR, but I cannot download from remote. RMIR displays the message:

Error downloading from remote.

So I've made a "Raw download" and uploaded the file here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14521

Maybe someone could help!
Maybe it is, because of national characters in the config (for example: ö,í)?

My remote is an Xtouch Color.

Thank you!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There does appear to be a bug in RMIR that is causing your download error. Please try development build 16. This zip package contains a single file, a RemoteMaster.jar to replace the file of this name in build 14, which is the current release.

These are complex remotes and their setup sometimes leaves behind data that is not used but which can cause problems for RMIR. I think this may be the case for your remote. This build should be able to download your remote. What I am not sure about is whether there is any real setup data that will be missing from the download. It looks OK to me but I don't know what should be there. So please try it and look to see if all your devices are there on the General tab. You can also check the functions for the devices by going to the Devices tab, selecting a device, pressing the Edit button and looking at the Functions tab on the editor that opens. Please post here to let me know if anything seems to be missing, or to confirm that all seems to be OK.
vbs_

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
The Robman wrote:
As long as you promise to keep the files on Dropbox for ever, it's all good. We ask people to use our file section because we know the files aren't going anywhere. When people use Dropbox, Google docs, etc, the files tend to disappear after a little while.

Hey VBS, all of your images appear to have disappeared.

Well sorry, that makes me look like an idiot but I actually didn't touch the images and I still have them in my Dropbox. It's just that Dropbox just decided to deactivate their public link system and to break all links Sad I didn't find a way to upload the images to the forum though.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vbs_ wrote:
Well sorry, that makes me look like an idiot but I actually didn't touch the images and I still have them in my Dropbox. It's just that Dropbox just decided to deactivate their public link system and to break all links Sad I didn't find a way to upload the images to the forum though.

Yeah, the forum PHPBB software doesn't have an option for loading images, so we recommend Imageshack instead, but there are other similar services out there.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6557
chacha

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Graham!

It's working, and everything seemed to be OK!
The remaining data could be some device, that I've deleted in the settings on the remote.
vbs_

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just upgraded to "RemoteMaster v2.04 build 14" and downloading and uploading to the Xsight Touch does not work anymore.
When I click download then the download is executed without error but all tabs and everything is still empty.
When I load a saved config from file and do an upload then an error popus up saying "writeRemote returned 0".

I used build 10 before and it worked fine, but I had a manually updated "protocols.ini".

I uploaded a raw download of my remote, maybe this can help?
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14527

EDIT:
I just noticed that doing a raw download with build 14 also results in 0 byte file. I did the raw download in build 10 again.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vbs_ wrote:
]I just upgraded to "RemoteMaster v2.04 build 14" and downloading and uploading to the Xsight Touch does not work anymore.

The usual reason for this behaviour is that you have Enhanced Power Management enabled for this USB device. That is the default setting and it must be explicitly disabled. Download this fix, unzip the zip file and read the ReadMe for instructions of how to change this manually or how to apply the registry patches supplied in that zip.

You may have already disabled this before, but it can change back without you being aware. I have just tested downloading of my XSight Touch under build 14 and got the same problem. I checked the setting for Enhanced Power Management and it was indeed turned on, although I had disabled it some time ago. After disabling it again, all worked properly.

The fact that the download worked under build 10 but not under build 14 suggests to me that these two installations of RMIR are on different computers. If they are on the same computer, I have no explanation of why one should work and the other not do so. There has been no change to the XSight download software between builds 10 and 14, and the fact that it works for me under build 14 with Enhanced Power Management disabled, indicates to me that the problem must lie with your setup.

I hope this helps you to resolve the problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 39 of 45

Jump to: