JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR Xsight Support
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CryptMan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I got a new Xsight Color.

My main problem at the moment is that this stupid EZ-RC seams to be working for me only if the sun eruption reachs a very special level ... which well ... was only once since I had the remote.

I saw your nice tool, and because I had good experience last time I used it with my DreamBox remote ... well I tried RM with the Xsight too.

But I can not download anything. The download seems to not finsh. Any suggestions? (Yeah I know its alpha.)

Many thanks and good work please continue!
(So much better then this damn EZ-RC website).
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CryptMan wrote:

Many thanks and good work please continue!
(So much better then this damn EZ-RC website).

Please post your 'rmaster.err' file on pastebin.com or somewhere. It should be in your install directory.

xnappo
CryptMan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply, here we go:

http://pastebin.com/MgAZ0KWu
CyberSimian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CryptMan wrote:
But I can not download anything. The download seems to not finish. Any suggestions?

I also have an Xsight Colour, which I started using with RMIR this week. It does download successfully, but you need to make sure that you have set everything up correctly:

(1) You must be using RMIR version 2.03.21e. Follow the instructions at the start of this thread.

(2) There are several files that are missing for the Xsight Colour. I have created these files, based on those for the Xsight Touch. Download these files from the address below and install them in the appropriate directories:

http://www.xenscape.com/anon/RMIR_files_for_Xsight_Colour.zip

Note: the image is of the Xsight Touch; one needs to be created for the Xsight Colour.

(3) Finally, exit RMIR and restart it! It seems as though RMIR reads all of the files at start-up, and so does not detect definition files that are added whilst it is running.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK
CyberSimian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: RMIR 2.03.21e BUGs and SUGs Reply with quote

RMIR 2.03.21e
Java JRE 1.7.0.45 ("7u45")
Windows XP
Xsight Lite

BUG: Something that is not working correctly.
SUG: A suggested improvement.

(1) (BUG) Installation procedure creates a shortcut that references the file "tutorial.html", but this html file is not included in the package.

(2) (SUG) When invoking RMIR for the first time, a small window appears saying "No map files found" (expected), then a navigation window appears "Choose the directory containing the Map files", but these windows are not listed in the task bar. Consequently, if one clicks on some other window that overlays these small windows, there is no way of re-selecting the small window other than minimising all of the other windows that overlay it. (Yes, this actually happened to me.) Same applies to the RDF files.

(3) (SUG) In "Readme.html", there is inconsistent use of blank lines between items in numbered lists (Opera browser, version 12.16).

(4) (SUG) The "Device Upgrade Editor" window should remember its size. On my laptop screen, using system fonts that are 125% of normal, with my Sony amplifier device, the window always opens with the buttons at the bottom of the window hidden beneath the Windows task bar; see screen shot:

http://www.xenscape.com/anon/Overlarge_Device_Upgrade_Editor.jpg

I can resize the window so that I see all of it, but RMIR forgets this size when I exit the "Device Upgrade Window". When I re-enter the "Device Upgrade Window", I have to resize the window again.

(5) (SUG) Text-flow needs improving in the "Protocol Notes" in the "Device Upgrade Editor". See screen shot (look at lines 1 and 2 in the protocol notes).

(6) (SUG) In "Readme.html", "This item will be diabled" should be "This item will be disabled".

(7) (SUG) In "Readme.html", in the "Look and Feel" description, "over all" (two words) should be "overall" (one word).

(8) (SUG) In "Readme.html", in the "Setting up the Device Combiner" section, "Cominer Device" should be "Combiner Device".

(9) (SUG) In "Readme.html", in the "The Functions Panel" section, "multile functions" shoud be "multiple functions".

(10) (SUG) In "Readme.html", in the "The Layout Panel" section, "shows you than buttons" should be "shows you the buttons".

(11) (SUG) In "Readme.html", in the "The Layout Panel" section, "assing a function" should be "assign a function".

(12) (BUG) Switching from "Windows" look-and-feel to "Metal" look-and-feel results in the application becoming unresponsive and window-redraw errors. Clicking the window's icon on the task bar to minimise it, and then again to redisplay it, clears the error (the window displays with the selected look-and-feel).

(13) (BUG) Window resizing is not correct after the look-and-feel has been changed (switch from "windowed" to "maximised" to "windowed" by clicking the icon in the top right of the window title bar). If the look-and-feel is changed, it seems to be necessary to exit RMIR and restart it in order for window drawing errors to be avoided.

(14) (SUG) In "Readme.html", the description of the "Options" tab does not correspond to what is implemented in RMIR (e.g. no way to change font size in RMIR).

(15) (SUG) On the "Layout" tab of the "Device Upgrade Editor" for the Xsight Lite, the orange and yellow circles and rectangles do not correctly overlay their intended buttons.

(16) (BUG) In the "Device Upgrade Editor", the "Minimise" button (top right of window title bar) does not work correctly. The minimise animation occurs, but the minimised window remains on the screen.

(17) (SUG) "Device Upgrade Editor", "Functions" tab: select the last line, then click NEW; the new line is added above the last line (OK). Now enter the data for the new line, and then click DOWN to move the new line to the end of the list. Click another tab, then click "Functions" tab again. The new line is no longer the last line -- it is the penultimate line. It seems as though moving the line down needs to be the only change for the change to be permanent.

(18) (BUG) On the main window, if the devices are re-ordered, and then one device selected, the "Device Upgrade Editor" edits the device that WAS at that position in the list, and not the device that is NOW at that position in the list.

(19) (BUG) The audio punch-throughs become inoperative if devices are re-ordered (this may be a side effect of the previous error).

(20) (SUG) "Save As" dialogue in "Device Upgrade Editor" does not remember the directory most-recently used to save an RMDU file.

Note: I am not that other guy who promised to submit a list of bugs.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Last edited by CyberSimian on Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total
CryptMan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay got it to work.

I pressed "Power" + "Ok" on the Xsight and then insert the battery => "Upgrade Mode" was shown on the display.

After that Remote Master was able to read the remote.

Anyway I went to the EZ-RC website where I got a "new" (well same version I already had) firmware offered.

After that Remote Master can now communicate with my remote.

May the remote was in "bad condition" ... what ever.

Thanks a lot!
khuong

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - Xsight Touch - Also 8005 PID Smile works great and downloaded.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay - thanks to the some nice folks in China - I can now afford enough Xsight Touch remotes to give this another shot.

Are the direction in the first post really still the latest??

xnappo
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnappo wrote:
Are the direction in the first post really still the latest??

Yes, as the link there to the alpha version will take you to the latest one, currently v2.03 Alpha 21e.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[EDIT DISREGARD]
Okay - I asked because it is not working for me well at all.

Any upgrade I bring in from my other remote (Atlas OCAP) acts really weird. The automatic mapping is really bad - but if I delete them and start dragging the functions to the keys it start corrupting the upgrade.

I uploaded my virgin image, and an example upgrade here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12445

To duplicate:

- Copy the USB8001 RDF to USB8005
- Open virgin_touch.rmir (bad name, I know)
- Add device, open WMC-XBMC upgrade
- Go to layout, change device to wmc
- Drag '0' function to '0'
- Note corruption of the 'Live TV' function - it changes to '0'

Continuing to correct the map leads to more and more corruption. I didn't try all my upgrades, but my Vizio TV upgrade does the same thing.

Thanks,
xnappo
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disregard. User error.

I didn't have the RDF for the Atlas in my new install area, and when asked for the closest RDF I selected the Xsight RDF. This makes it very unhappy.

xnappo
StephenR0

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using this more now, too. I have found that importing an upgrade from another remote can cause problems unless you follow this work flow:

1. Do the import

2. Eliminate any shifted keys

3. Change the remote type to the target xsight remote

4. Save the upgrade and reload

This seems to make things go pretty well. There are some other things to work around, but that's the first thing that I ran into.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I am having a ton of trouble with activities now.

Sometimes in the GUI, I can't edit the main activity macro by double clicking on it. Also, I can never delete activities from the remote. If I try I get a 'Upload doesn't match' error.

I can use EZ-RC to clean the remote of activities, but then that results in the case where I can't add the main activity macro in RM-IR...

xnappo
StephenR0

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Activities is one of the areas that I'm having trouble with, too. I wanted to put an activity on a soft button, which I could do with the ez-rc added activities. But the RMIR added activities weren't available to put on a soft button. Confusingly, activities that I thought were deleted were available to add. I don't think I've completely characterized the issues around activities yet. I'm going to spend some more time on it.

Another issue that I've run into is that adding a device upgrade doesn't reliably work. What seems to work in this case is to add the device in ez-rc and then load the upgrade on top of it. That seems repeatable. At some point, I'd like to get away from using ez-rc, though. It doesn't seem to be well maintained at this point and it may not always be there.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, at least I am not crazy.

I have found that using the drag n drop function window pretty consistently hoses up the upgrades.

For the activities, I was finally able to get it to work after going back and forth between EZ-RC and RM-IR a bit. Something is definitely squirrelly there though.

I get the scary 'signature has changed' message quite a bit, but it hasn't caused a problem yet.

Right now, I actually have the remotes usable, but when I download from the remote I get an error - so I suspect there is a problem lurking.

Pastebin of the error here:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=bBt1BedW

xnappo
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 4 of 45

Jump to: