JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR Xsight Support
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. I'm not sure about the known issues. I think most of the major stuff has been worked out. But it will be good to have a new pair of eyes put RMIR through it's paces. One thing I have not tested very thoroughly is building new devices. But please do report every bug, not just major ones.

I would propose that we start distributing the 3 known versions of the Touch/C3 RDF that we need (8001, 8005 and 8007).

I think it's also safe to say that the EZ-RC connection appears not to affect RMIR.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All bugs known to me have been fixed in Alpha 21e, but a few days ago:

xnappo wrote:
Just a note that I have both Xsight Colors and Xsight Touchs and they do both work - the same amount anyway.

I did just go through a 'from scratch' session and turned up many bugs - which I will write up later today.

I am awaiting this bug list, though depending on what they are, I don't know when I will get round to fixing them. The "many bugs" is the worrying feature Sad
NevoC3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, EZ-RC can run in the tray and it will have no effect on RMIR.

So far so good for me, but I am very new to RMIR and have not really put it through its paces yet. I have been able to download my config and make some minor tweaks and upload back to the remote with no problems.

I'm still trying to learn to use the software. Is there a guide anywhere that elaborates on the "how to" of adding additional functions to existing devices using raw long form hex ir codes?? I have searched and read several general guides that I have found and I have not been able to figure out how to use the raw hex codes with RMIR.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using hex codes is doing things the hard way. First try to find JP1 codes (EFCs) in our file section or by using our lookup tool and make device upgrades from those.

To use hex codes, they need to be converted to EFCs anyway using one of many tools, like IRScope, IRMaster or IRTool. Once you paste your pronto hex into one of these programs, it will be decoded into protocol, device, subdevice and function code (OBC). You then use those values in a new Device in RM to build your upgrade.

We rarely have to resort to using pronto hex around here since decoding learns or using existing upgrades is much easier.

What device are you trying to add?
NevoC3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am attempting to add some discrete input functions to one of my existing devices. It is a small kitchen TV Toshiba model 20HLK86. The factory remote only has an input button that cycles thru the different inputs. Before I use a macro like "ch+, input, input, input, input" to get to HDMI, I found a few Toshiba discrete input codes in a forum post that I would like to play with. They may not work, but I feel like giving it a try. I would then use these discrete inputs in a couple new activities I would like to build.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every Toshiba I've used in the past few years has worked with the discretes in one of these upgrades:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12061
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9250

If you post a link to your hex codes, I'll confirm whether they are in the above upgrades.

Failing that, on Toshiba, usually Input followed by a number will select a specific input directly.
NevoC3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much! I will try your upgrades first.

The thread with the codes I found is:

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-custom/thread.cgi?14345,2
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only ones in that thread are missing from my second upgrade are Video 9, Video 10, and Antenna 2 which are OBC 59, 60 and 62 respectively. All other codes match (I confirmed using IRScope Import function). You can probably ignore them since your TV doesn't have that many inputs anyway.
NevoC3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after trying yours and other various codes I have come to the conclusion that this little Toshiba TV does not recognize any discrete input selection commands. It is an older unit I suppose...oh well, I can work around that.

I'm not sure if it is a software bug or a result of my inexperience, but I think I may have found an issue of some sort. While playing with the software I have made several .rmir files that are modifications of the original one downloaded from my remote when I first got it working with RMIR. I have not modified that original file since downloading it, and when I open it in RMIR all of the tabs populate with data as you would expect. When I try to open any of the modified .rmir files (after making changes, saving, and uploading, then closing the software) basically nothing happens and the tabs never populate.

I uploaded my latest modified file to my remote after making some changes and before closing RMIR. If I attempt to download it back into RMIR I receive the following error:

Protocol Variant Error
Error in RDF. Wrong variant specified for PID = 01 B5. Number of fixed/command bytes should be 6/1, for specified variant it is 3/1.

Any thoughts?[/img]
NevoC3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I may have found an official bug. After having the problems described above with modifying my setups I decided to try creating an .rmir file "from scratch". When attempting to add my devices using upgrades I found in the files section with the "new" button on the devices tab, loading the upgrade, checking the key map, and hit "OK" nothing ever shows up in the devices tab. It remains blank. I then tried to add devices from scratch to a xsight touch setup (thinking maybe I missed something when copying/editing the rdf to work with my Nevo C3) with the same results, no device could be added. Then I tried using a long supported (assumingly) remote from the dropdown (Atlas 4-device) and proceeded to add a device without any issues. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help solve this.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go ahead and post the offending rmir and err files in the diagnosis area and post a link to it here.
NevoC3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the link to the files I uploaded:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12090

Please let me know if I can provide anything else.
NevoC3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been doing some fiddling trying to find out what works and what does not. To keep from introducing too many variables into my testing, all I have been doing is creating .rmir image files from scratch for the various xsight USB remotes remotes using the same upgrade files each time. Here is what I have found:

I can create, save, and reopen files created for:
USB8011 ARRX12G
USB8008 XSight Lite URC-8610

and I CANNOT create, save or reopen files created for
USB8001 XSight Touch URC-8603

Can someone confirm they can successfully create (add devices to) an xsight touch image using the RDF that is included in the "RMIR203Alpha21e.zip" update package?
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NevoC3 wrote:

Can someone confirm they can successfully create (add devices to) an xsight touch image using the RDF that is included in the "RMIR203Alpha21e.zip" update package?

Sort-of. I have been able to add upgrades to it, but they don't work quite right. Sometimes I will set it up and save and reload and 98% of it is correct, but no matter what I do I can't get a few key assignments to work.

Activities are my main problem - I create an activity, save, then reload and it is gone.

I meant to write this all up with example .rmir files two weeks ago, but still haven't had the time. I *may* have time next Monday....

xnappo
NevoC3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all very much for your efforts, this seems like a very helpful community. I look forward to any progress on the xsight touch front.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 3 of 45

Jump to: