JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR Xsight Support
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaco_J

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Graham,

thanks for the quick response, I will wait.

Regards
lnoland1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: ARRX15G no longer working with RMIR Reply with quote

I have been slowly adding upgrades to my ARRX15G remote but in the middle of one of them, things got weird. I was trying to change the device list in rmir (e.g. change the order of the devices, delete devices in the list, etc.) and all sorts of strange things started happening -- I wound up with multiple copies of the same device; changes I made to devices weren't being uploaded to the remote; etc. Since I had saved most of my upgrades as rmdu files I decided to reset the remote and build a new rmir file. Now, however, whenever I try to create a new remote image in rmir, i get the message "RMIR cannnot create a new remote image for this remote." If I try downloading from the remote I get a message which begins "Error downloading from the remote." In short, I'm back to square one with seemingly no place to go.

Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong or what I should do next?

I am using RemoteMaster v2.03 Alpha 24e. The map/rdf files came from the file area: RDFs and Maps for JP1.4 and later (rev6)

Thanks for any help you can offer.

- Les
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMIR is up to version 24g. Please download Alpha 24g and use it. You may be encountering an already solved situation.
lnoland1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
RMIR is up to version 24g. Please download Alpha 24g and use it. You may be encountering an already solved situation.

I will try that. Thanks.

- Les
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Les, you really cannot build a new remote image for the ARRX15G in RMIR. For the XSight remotes, you MUST use the remote itself to add new devices. You can then download your setup into RMIR and manipulate it, but you must start from the remote itself.

Indeed, there are very few remotes for which it is safe to build a new remote image in RMIR (or, for that matter, in the earlier IR.exe). Most remotes allow you to do so, but it may not work satisfactorily as there are usually some internal settings that RMIR cannot reproduce. The XSights are sufficiently complicated that it is actually not possible at all.

If you want to clear out your existing setup and start again, here's how to do it. Open the Home screen, scroll down to Settings and select it. In the Settings menu, scroll down to Reset and select it. It will give you a screen that says at the top "Press below to reset", still with a button labelled Reset. Do NOT press that. Instead, enter "981" from the keypad. The button will change to "Factory Reset". That's the one to press. You will then be back to a clean remote as supplied new from the factory.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Graham,

For both my setups I downloaded a blank remote image to start with (no devices set up), and the proceeded to add JP1 upgrades. This worked fine - so I think the main point here is that you need to download from the remote and then start adding stuff?

xnappo
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham,

Sometimes when I edit devices from the General tab, some pointer gets off and I get invalid setup codes warning on some of the remaining devices I didn't edit, as if those devices no longer exist. I can't tell you exactly how to reproduce it. But I think I can suggest a simple fix. Just remote the Edit Device button from the general tab altogether. I don't think I've ever experienced the problem when editing from the Devices tab.

Last edited by mdavej on Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
lnoland1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Les, you really cannot build a new remote image for the ARRX15G in RMIR. For the XSight remotes, you MUST use the remote itself to add new devices. You can then download your setup into RMIR and manipulate it, but you must start from the remote itself.

Indeed, there are very few remotes for which it is safe to build a new remote image in RMIR (or, for that matter, in the earlier IR.exe). Most remotes allow you to do so, but it may not work satisfactorily as there are usually some internal settings that RMIR cannot reproduce. The XSights are sufficiently complicated that it is actually not possible at all.

If you want to clear out your existing setup and start again, here's how to do it. Open the Home screen, scroll down to Settings and select it. In the Settings menu, scroll down to Reset and select it. It will give you a screen that says at the top "Press below to reset", still with a button labelled Reset. Do NOT press that. Instead, enter "981" from the keypad. The button will change to "Factory Reset". That's the one to press. You will then be back to a clean remote as supplied new from the factory.

Thanks. That got me back in the game. Was that documented in the instructions which came with the remote or was that turned up through analysis of the remote?

This brings up a question I've had about these remotes -- the original jp1 remotes had a special "program" button which was used to enter various codes to not only assign specific devices but also send commands via OBCs, etc. Does this remote have anything like that or are the menu options pretty much all that are available?

- Les
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnappo wrote:
For both my setups I downloaded a blank remote image to start with (no devices set up), and the proceeded to add JP1 upgrades. This worked fine - so I think the main point here is that you need to download from the remote and then start adding stuff?

You can only add JP1 upgrades to XSight remotes with RMIR. Built-in setup codes have to be added with the remote itself.

lnoland1 wrote:
Was that documented in the instructions which came with the remote or was that turned up through analysis of the remote?

Actually, neither. It was found by experiment, based on 981 being the command in older remotes for a factory reset.

lnoland1 wrote:
This brings up a question I've had about these remotes -- the original jp1 remotes had a special "program" button which was used to enter various codes to not only assign specific devices but also send commands via OBCs, etc. Does this remote have anything like that or are the menu options pretty much all that are available?

The menu commands are all that is available - or at least, as far as we know. The 981 factory reset is the only undocumented feature that we have discovered.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
xnappo wrote:

You can only add JP1 upgrades to XSight remotes with RMIR. Built-in setup codes have to be added with the remote itself.

Oh - I guess I never noticed since I never use built-in devices.

xnappo
Jaco_J

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Graham.

In a meantime, I made a "factory reset" (981), and tried to use RMIR but I still got an "Error downloading from the remote."
(Xsight Colour)

Sorry for my English.

Jaco_J
tranx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaco_J wrote:
Hi,
I have Xsight Colour (European):

PID 8002 (Windows 7 HP PL)
Firmware: 1.3.32
Bootloader: 1.0.1
IR blaster 3121BX6
IR Library 1.1.1

RMIR: RemoteMaster v2.03 Alpha 24g (with newest maps and RDFs)

EZ-RC works OK (I added several devices, favorites), but RMIR reports: "Error downloading from remote"

I uploaded RAW downloaded from my Xsight Colour:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12816

Can anybody help me? Smile

Jaco_J

Hi Jaco. Hope I am not confusing the issue but couldn't find an RDF file specifically for European Xsight Colour so perhaps that gives a clue.
It may have been mathdon who earlier posted something like the following, which I extracted and edited for myself.

In case you have not seen it:-

"...XSight Color is believed to be almost identical to the XSight Touch...
Please copy the RDF for the Touch, ie the file "USB8001 (XSight Touch URC-8603).rdf"
and change the name to "USB8002 (XSight Color URC-860x).rdf", replacing URC-860x by the model number (URC-8602) if you know it,
but this doesn't matter as it is only the USB8002 at the beginning that is significant.."
Jaco_J

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi tranx,

yes, I did it before writing my first post. Without files named "USB8002..." RMIR doesn't see my remote.

Jacek
tranx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaco_J wrote:
Hi tranx,

yes, I did it before writing my first post. Without files named "USB8002..." RMIR doesn't see my remote.

Jacek

Hi again Jacek
Well, my own EU Xsight Colour has just arrived and has the same stats on its 'settings' > 'about' screen; Windows 7; RemoteMaster v2.03 Alpha 24g.

I seem to remember EZ-RC should not be running but have not tested that yet. My Xsight Colour remote also works fine with EZ-RC but RMIR [Edited:] used to say 'No remotes found', so thought maybe you could re-advise me, how to do the "files named USB8002.." thing, in case I somehow failed to do that correctly!

Edited: I found I had put the RDF edited for Colour into the wrong RDF folder, so thank you for the comment which made me look at that again.

Luckily my remote can now be downloaded, but sorry that has not helped with your problem.
Chris
tranx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Xsight Colour URC-8602 Reply with quote

Started to play with Xsight Colour and found a couple of things which I do not understand.

After adding devices in EZ-RC, the remote was downloaded into RMIR v2.03 24g

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12822

1.) In devices> layout, there is a 'page 0', at first found by clicking '-' (which may even appear to have commands allocated to soft buttons there) until other steps are taken, when Page 0 is no longer accessible.

2.) With the Xsight Colour downloaded into RMIR I thought it would look for URC-8603 (Xsight Touch) RDF and Map, but the images shown on the device layout pages look like ARRX-18G (USB8005), even if there are no maps or RDFs for ARRX15G / USB8005 in the target folder, and while a pair of files called URC-8603 is present in the same target list.

Last edited by tranx on Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 17 of 45

Jump to: