JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR Xsight Support
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsmithee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Hi, jsmithee. Thanks for letting me know of this issue. Please post a link to your dump, as I can't find it.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12757

It's no big deal, the software still works perfectly. If I need to make changes I can just delete the device, download from the remote and add the device again in RMIR.

The RMIR stuff that affects the download is in the device called DVB-T on the remote.
lnoland1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: questionable learned commands Reply with quote

I recently purchased an XSight remote (ARRX15G) and have been attempting to build device upgrades for my equipment using it. For my Pioneer VSX-1120-K receiver, the device definition I got from the remote (or the EZ-RC site -- I don't remember which) had very little functionality and a lot of it didn't work so I tried to learn most of the keys to create my own upgrade. A lot of the commands show up in rmir with a protocol of "**multiple**" (one has a protocol of "**none**") and there are no key codes, etc. While I imagine this situation is documented around here somewhere, I haven't had any luck locating it (partly because the word, "multiple" appears to match a significant portion of the messages here). So I thought I would just try asking for help.

I have uploaded my .rmir file to the diagnostics area. It is here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12779

The device in question is just named "My Audio" -- the one named "Pioneer Audio" is the one from the remote.

My software:
RemoteMaster v2.03 Alpha 24e
DecodeIR version 2.44
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Service Pack 1

By the way, though I suspect the answer is no, I was just curious -- is there an extender written for this remote?

Thank you for any help you can offer. It always impresses me when I come back to this site -- there's always activity and members working hard to help others. Too bad all forums aren't so blessed.

- Les
tranx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Inoland1, from your join date you probably know more about all this than I do and I don't have an XSight, but here goes and please correct me if I have things wrong.

Leaving aside JP1:
I take it that the term you have used, 'device definition', is equivalent to the device code, from the supplied code lists or from the website, and that the right one for your Pioneer receiver has not been loaded into the XSight, so the learns cannot be accomplished correctly, resulting in peculiar or missing protocols, and you found that the remote could not operate the receiver with them. If so you could ask XSight support to provide alternative codes to try.

With JP1 and RMIR:
I looked at your image file and see it contains a lot of peculiar learns etc. thanks.
With the XSight itself, you could omit the two problem devices and any learns, and load a working .bin file from it into RMIR, save the resulting .rmir image, and then try some Pioneer upgrades from Audio in the file section here, by adding them.

One of those upgrades might even already contain the commands you need but, provided that it had otherwise been successful in operating the Pioneer receiver, you could save the resulting .rmir, learn the missing commands from the original remote, and note their OBC numbers.

Then reload the earlier working .rmir file which just included the successful Pioneer upgrade, edit the Pioneer Device by manually entering the OBCs previously noted, and save the revised upgrade. If you are satisfied with it you could upload it as an Audio upgrade in the file section, and link it here.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Les,
The learns labeled "multiple" are fine. For many functions, Pioneer uses a sequence of two IR signals with different OBCs, and there isn't room in the RMIR table to display both. Click on the word "multiple" to see both signals. For example, line 27 HDMI, shows device 165, with a first OBC of 86 and second OBC of 194. You can augment the "Pioneer Audio" upgrade by adding a new line and entering 165 as the device, 86 as the OBC, and 194 as OBC2. Or, to make a separate upgrade, select Pioneer 4DEV as the protocol executor, i.e. copy the contents of the Setup tab of the "Pioneer Audio" upgrade.

You'll need to relearn the signals labeled as "none" and "gap....", because these are incomplete learns.

tranx,
The ARRX15G is not a SimpleSet remote, and it does not use a bin file.

The learning function in UEI remotes has no connection to device codes. The remote learns by recording the pattern of on and off durations of the IR signal and simply shoots that same pattern when the user later presses the button. The remote doesn't classify the learned signal by protocol type, device number, or OBCs. RMIR, using DecodeIR.dll, does classify a learned signal as a convenience to the user, but the operation of a learned signal doesn't depend on that classification in any way.
tranx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
...tranx,
The ARRX15G is not a SimpleSet remote, and it does not use a bin file...
Thanks for the correcting this bit of the mis-information
Quote:
...The learning function in UEI remotes has no connection to device codes. The remote learns by recording the pattern of on and off durations of the IR signal and simply shoots that same pattern when the user later presses the button. The remote doesn't classify the learned signal by protocol type, device number, or OBCs. RMIR, using DecodeIR.dll, does classify a learned signal as a convenience to the user, but the operation of a learned signal doesn't depend on that classification in any way.
Cheers too, 3FG. I gathered this from experience where I think 6440 seemed not to be able to learn some commands until it had the right code, which must have been due to some other factor. Thank you
lnoland1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Les,
The learns labeled "multiple" are fine. For many functions, Pioneer uses a sequence of two IR signals with different OBCs, and there isn't room in the RMIR table to display both. Click on the word "multiple" to see both signals. For example, line 27 HDMI, shows device 165, with a first OBC of 86 and second OBC of 194. You can augment the "Pioneer Audio" upgrade by adding a new line and entering 165 as the device, 86 as the OBC, and 194 as OBC2. Or, to make a separate upgrade, select Pioneer 4DEV as the protocol executor, i.e. copy the contents of the Setup tab of the "Pioneer Audio" upgrade.

You'll need to relearn the signals labeled as "none" and "gap....", because these are incomplete learns.

tranx,
The ARRX15G is not a SimpleSet remote, and it does not use a bin file.

The learning function in UEI remotes has no connection to device codes. The remote learns by recording the pattern of on and off durations of the IR signal and simply shoots that same pattern when the user later presses the button. The remote doesn't classify the learned signal by protocol type, device number, or OBCs. RMIR, using DecodeIR.dll, does classify a learned signal as a convenience to the user, but the operation of a learned signal doesn't depend on that classification in any way.

3FG
Thanks, that helps a lot. I decided to take your advice and start upgrading the Pioneer Audio upgrade since it already has a lot of functions defined (although a lot of them don't seem to work with my device). I will try to make a fairly complete upgrade and I will upload it to the file section when I'm done. (I'll do that with the other devices I create upgrades for as well). It may be difficult doing a complete upgrade for this device, however -- the remote seems to have a lot of keys which do double and triple duty and it's not clear if something internally, based on context, changes the output or if it just uses the same signals to mean different things in different contexts. I'll have to experiment with it a bit and see what I can come up.

tranx
Thanks for your attempts to help. Though some of it was based on speculation, when lacking a more definitive response, any form of help is appreciated.

- Les
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it easier to use the manufacturer's code documents than to learn the signals from a remote. If you don't mind converting from hexadecimal notation to decimal notation, you can get the device numbers and OBCs from the spreadsheet on this Pioneer page.
At least it should allow you to be certain which codes do the various functions.
lnoland1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
I find it easier to use the manufacturer's code documents than to learn the signals from a remote. If you don't mind converting from hexadecimal notation to decimal notation, you can get the device numbers and OBCs from the spreadsheet on this Pioneer page.
At least it should allow you to be certain which codes do the various functions.

Well, I certainly appreciate the possibility of going straight to the horse's mouth, so to speak, but I don't really know how to use the information available in that spreadsheet in order to upgrade my remote. Can you give me a hand with that?

- Les
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The information is in column D. For example Input BD is listed as using Remote Control Code A55C+A5C0. These number are in hexadecimal format, and RMIR wants decimal format. You can use a calculator to convert-- e.g the Windows calculator in Accessories set to Programmer View. A5 is the device number -- that's 165 in decimal-- and 5C is the OBC, or 92 in decimal. C0 is OBC2 (192 in decimal).
lnoland1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
The information is in column D. For example Input BD is listed as using Remote Control Code A55C+A5C0. These number are in hexadecimal format, and RMIR wants decimal format. You can use a calculator to convert-- e.g the Windows calculator in Accessories set to Programmer View. A5 is the device number -- that's 165 in decimal-- and 5C is the OBC, or 92 in decimal. C0 is OBC2 (192 in decimal).

wow. Fast response. Thanks.

Actually, after I made my post I figured it out myself. I tried converting the hex to decimal (I just added new columns to the spreadsheet and used spreadsheet functions to do the conversion) but the resulting number didn't seem that useful. Looking back at the hex I saw that the first two hex digits were the same in the pairs of numbers so I deduced that it probably meant that the digits were in pairs. I tried converting them 2 hex digits at a time and saw that they matched device numbers and OBC's in the upgrade.

Pretty cool stuff. Too bad every manufacturer doesn't publish this stuff. The spreadsheet does make it pretty clear, however, that this is a pretty complex device. Just working out a good way of mapping some of the keys is going to take some work. Looks like I'm going to be busy.

One more question. the spreadsheet has the keys organized into groups. One of the groups is the "auto function" group. I have no idea what this is, do you?

Thanks again.

- Les

Edit:
I just discovered that a few of the functions in the spreadsheet have two OBCs each with separate device codes. I don't see any way to enter more than one device code in the Upgrade editor. Ideas?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Jsmithee.
I have now had time to look at your raw download. It is very strange. The DVB-T device is an upgrade rather than a setup code built in to the remote, which is absolutely fine. What is not fine is that it has a flag that, to our understanding of how this remote works, means "do not use this upgrade". So RMIR was ignoring it and so failing to load properly.

I have posted a file "jsmithee replacement file.rmir" that does load into RMIR and should be identical to your setup, except that this flag is removed. Please load it into RMIR, and if it looks OK then upload it to your remote. Your remote should behave exactly as before, but should now download to RMIR without any problem.

I have today also posted RMIR v2.03 Alpha 24g. This will download your remote as it is at present, but you will see that the setup code for DVB-T is shown in red, with a prominent error message showing at the bottom of the page. Do NOT try uploading this back to your remote. If you load the file I have posted for you, that General tab will look the same except the message will have disappeared and the setup code will be in black, as it should be.

Could you please post a message explaining how you obtained this upgrade for the DVB-T device. It does not look like an official UEI upgrade and if you did get it from the EZ-RC website, could you say exactly what you searched for? I would like to download that upgrade to my XSight Lite to see if I also get an upgrade flagged as not to be used.
jsmithee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Graham,

I got the codes for the pvr from this site.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7126

Thanks due to IDW.

It's not the same pvr as my brother has, he has tvonics HD500 or something like that, basically it's the same but with a LCD screen. I loaded that file I linked to, remapped the buttons and then saved to the remote.

That raw file I uploaded should be an exact copy of what's on the remote now. You may be able to see another device on there called PVR or TVonics or something with lots of learnt IR codes. They didn't work correctly (on/off toggle for example), but the DVB-T device I added with this software works perfect.

I'll put that tweaked rmir file on to the remote, and if you need anymore dumps or anything I'm happy to help.

I'll also have a play with RMIR v2.03 Alpha 24g and report back when I get my hands on the remote.

Thanks for all your help, it's appreciated.

Last edited by jsmithee on Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
jsmithee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about it that might not be the file I used, I'll upload the file I used, it was from here though.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12813

HTH
Jaco_J

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I have Xsight Colour (European):

PID 8002 (Windows 7 HP PL)
Firmware: 1.3.32
Bootloader: 1.0.1
IR blaster 3121BX6
IR Library 1.1.1

RMIR: RemoteMaster v2.03 Alpha 24g (with newest maps and RDFs)

EZ-RC works OK (I added several devices, favorites), but RMIR reports: "Error downloading from remote"

I uploaded RAW downloaded from my Xsight Colour:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12816

Can anybody help me? Smile

Jaco_J
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jaco_J. I will look into this, but will not have time until later in the week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 16 of 45

Jump to: