JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR Xsight Support
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevest, many thanks for the raw download. It provides all I need to resolve the problem. It's not quite as simple as I had hoped, so it may take me a day or two. Your Genius speaker, with its four learned signals, seems to be at the root of the issue. I don't think I've met before a device in an XSight Lite or similar that is composed entirely of learned signals. I have in an XSight Touch or similar, but they are very different internally. I've got to figure out exactly how the remote handles it.
Stevest

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thank you for your effort, I appreciate it, really. Smile
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Test 12 now updated to RMIR v2.03 Alpha 22 Test 13.

Stevest, please try this. I think it should solve your problems. Note that I have included an RDF for your remote that I think is correct. It is a cross between those for the ARRX12G and the XSight Lite. If Test 13 works OK, 3FG may ask you to extract some data from your remote with software tools of his, to verify that what I have put into the RDF is correct.

Everyone, please note that I have once again modified the RDFs for the XSight remotes and that only these new ones should be used with Test 13. This should be the last revision of the RDFs, as I have been writing up an Appendix to the RDF4 specification containing all the additions and changes needed for the segmented remotes and the XSights. It was in doing that, that I came across some inconsistencies in what I had used in the development work. I have now amended them and the changes to the RDFs represent that. One change, in particular, is that the XSight remotes now need a Fav entry. The Favorites feature of the XSights is different from the Fav/Scan of earlier remotes, so I had not used a Fav entry. Instead I needed to look for a button named "Favorites". I don't think it is a good idea to hard-code a button name like that, so I have now changed it to use a Fav entry. I will be posting the RDF Specification Appendix very soon.

Please also note that there are other changes in Test 13 than just fixing Stevest's problem. I have fixed the long-standing bug with Vyrolan's additions, and have extended those additions to work with segmented remotes and XSights. I have also fixed a few bugs I found that concerned only segmented but non-XSight remotes.

I am hoping that Test 13 will be able to be migrated to v2.03 Beta very soon. I have corresponded with Greg and he has passed to me the responsibility for posting new versions of RMIR on SourceForge. One effect of this is that there will no longer be a native Windows version, only the Java version. If there are any objections to this, please say so. Greg tells me that he has long wanted to abandon the native Windows version and this seems to be the time to do it.
Stevest

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, downloading works great! Thank you very much.
Now, it's time to learn to use the program. Laughing
(However, I'm emailing with 3FG.)
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now posted an Addendum to Version 4 of the RDF Specification. This gives Version 5 as additions and amendments to Version 4. Version 5 is required to support JP1.4, JP2, JP2.1, JP3 and XSight remotes. It is used by the current RMIR v2.02a which supports JP1.4, JP2 and JP2.1 remotes and by the forthcoming RMIR v2.03 which is the subject of this thread and which will support JP3 and XSight remotes.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After some back and forth with Stevest, it appears that the button maps, setup codes, and protocol executors for the Xsight Plus are indeed the same as the Xsight Lite.

However, the RDFs for both remotes are missing setup code 2523. The [Setup Code] section should read in part
Code:
11 = 0000,0032,0037,0045,0081,0240,0278,0432,0480,0490,0503,0539,0593,0637,0664,0675,
    0695,0713,0741,0744,0833,0864,0869,0870,0884,1070,1071,1075,1137,1266,1267,1271,
    1436,1510,1511,1536,1562,1579,1593,1614,1632,1639,1663,1681,1777,1835,2002,2043,
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, 3FG, I have made that addition to those files.

I think it is now time to go mainstream with this development. I have posted a full installation package for RMIR v2.03 Alpha 22 in the Tools/Main file section and the necessary RDFs, maps and images for JP1.4, JP2.x, JP3 and XSight remotes separately in the Tools/RDF Files section. I have also posted the latest versions of the RDFs and any missing maps and images to the main SourceForge repository.

Alpha 22 contains just one minor bugfix since Test 13, see this post, but the zip package contains jp12serial v0.20 (except for the Mac OS X compilations which I am hoping someone will do soon) and an updated digitmaps.bin file to number 584. I have also, for the first time, included the RDF Specification and my recent addendum to it in the package. This used to be included in distributions for IR.exe and it seems reasonable to do so also with RMIR.

After a suitable time for bugs to emerge, unless something major arises I will migrate this to v2.03 Beta in the main SourceForge distribution area.
zer01

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would some one be able to help figure out which cable I need to use with the the ARRX18G?

Here is a picture of what the port looks like, it has 8 pins.

mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only need the USB cable that came with the remote. Don't bother with the port pictured.
zer01

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
You only need the USB cable that came with the remote. Don't bother with the port pictured.

Thank you for the quick reply. I am getting "No remotes found!" message when clicking the download from the attached remote option. I am using windows XP with the EZ-RC drivers installed. Also tried it with win 7 and 8.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set Remote-Interface to Auto in RMIR. Verify in Device Manager that HID-Compliant Device - Details - Hardware ID is PID_8005. Verify that you have an RDF called USB8005... in your RDF folder. Verify EZ-RC can upload/download from your remote.

If it still fails, post your rmaster.err file HERE so we can take a look.
feelfree

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

just found that RM is now supporting my XSight Lite (URC8610) and tried the latest full installation package.
Downloading from remote seems to work - all devices, activities, etc. appear in RM IR. Smile
But the "DOWNLOADING ..." message in RM IR just never disappears. Remote says "initializing".
If I alter some data in RM IR and try to upload, everything seem to work (UPLOADING message appears, finally free memory message appears). The remote itself still says "initializing".
In fact the applied changes were NOT being uploaded to the remote.
master.err is empty.

Any ideas what goes wrong?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, feelfree

Please do a raw download as follows. Connect the remote, open RMIR, open the "Remote" menu and click on "Raw download". In the window that opens, click the "Download" button and when the download finishes, click "Save". Accept the default filename, which I expect to be "8008.ir". Post the file for me to look at.

Endless downloading means that there is some situation in your remote that RMIR cannot interpret. There can be a lot of special cases that need to be handled. I had hoped that I had by now found them all, but am not surprised that you have located another one.
Stevest

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Graham,

I have a problem with assigning a macro to a SoftKey of OFA XSight Plus (URC-8620). A macro created by RMIR doesn't appear in the remotes display among the Soft Keys. Assigning to a hardware button, it works. (Raw file is here.)

Another macro with Soft Key Assignment created by EZ-RC works. Raw file is here.

(However, the not working macro contains an added function InStart.)

Do I do something wrong?

Thank you for your answer in advance.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Istvan

Please replace the RemoteMaster.jar file in the installation folder for v2.03 Alpha 22 with this one, v2.03 Alpha 22a. This should fix the bug. If you still have the non-functioning macro setup in your remote, just downloading it and then re-uploading it without change should resolve the problem.

I knew at once what the problem was. When I was fixing your previous bug, I noticed a bit of code that I had commented out. I couldn't remember why, so I left it that way. Your new problem made me realise that it was required in some situations, but not in others. I think I have got it sorted now.

Please continue to post any bugs you find, or even things that might be bugs.

Note to everyone: This bugfix should not affect anything except macros put on soft keys in the XSight Lite/Plus and clones. I will incorporate it into the full installation package after Istvan has tested it, and after I fix feelfree's bug if he gets back to us with his download.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 13 of 45

Jump to: