JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR Xsight Support
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwc

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here's where things stand.

First, thanks for all the help, plus patience with my noob status

Using the factory website, I now have an RC load that covers my TV, STB , AppleTV & HTS amp. Includes a couple of activities ("watch cable", "watch appletv") assigns channel & volume properly, etc. All in all, seems to work. Menu'ing is not ideal, but will hold off on futzing with that until I understand the system & tools better.

Also, using the tweaked RMIR, have been able to load from the RC, save as an .rmir file, wipe the RC, then reload and it still works. No more endless downloads.

I got DecodeIR loaded into the right subfolder, as verified from the rmaster.err file.

Things to keep working on:
1) I couldn't find a Denon AVR-684 (my HTS amp) on the fact website, so I used the RC's learn function to acquire the VOL+, VOL-, MUTE buttons from the original Denon RC. The learned codes are functional, but when I tried to upload into RMIR, I got this message:
Error in RDF, Wrong variant specified for PID = 00 00. Number of fixed/command bytes should be 6/1, for specified variant it is 3/1.
Doesn't seem to be any adverse affect.

2) Next step is to add in functionality to use the ARRX12G thru a USB IR receiver to interact with XMBC. Can you suggest a device type to add in to accomplish that?

Thanks again.
Dilligaf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For XBMC Windows Media Center is probably the best supported type "out of the box"
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have updated the development version to RMIR v2.03 Alpha 21e, here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11978

This is Alpha 21d with all known bugs fixed, so please report any problems in this thread.

For anyone interested, it now also supports JP1.1 remotes. These are obsolete remotes that were supported by IR.exe but until now, not by RMIR. The RDFs for the few JP1.1 remotes say "Processor=HCS08" as that was the best fudge that could be made in the absence of proper support. That line needs changing, for JP1.1 remotes, to "Processor=SST". An amended RDF for the Comcast URC-1058 is included in the zip package. I do not have a JP1.1 remote for testing, so would be interested to know whether or not this support actually works. BTW For those knowledgeable enough to think that there needs to be lines for "Code.SST=..." added for each protocol into protocols.ini, this is not needed. Protocol code for the SST processor is generated algorithmically, on the fly, by RMIR from that for the 6805-RC16/18 processor.
Feuerbard

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about support for Xsight Color - USB8002 , latest alpha have no connection with it

Code:
Testing interface: CommHID
Interface matched.  Trying to open remote.
Remote found: Manufacturer = UNIVERSAL ELECTRONICS INC., Product = XSIGHT., Product ID = 8002
Failed to open
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have a developer with an XSight Color, which explains its absence, but it is believed to be almost identical to the XSight Touch. Please copy the RDF for the Touch, ie the file "USB8001 (XSight Touch URC-8603).rdf" and change the name to "USB8002 (XSight Color URC-860x).rdf", replacing URC-860x by the model number if you know it, but this doesn't matter as it is only the USB8002 at the beginning that is significant.

Please let us know, in this thread, whether or not this works.
Feuerbard

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i try this

remote found and downloaded some bytes

Code:
Interface matched.  Trying to open remote.
Remote found: Manufacturer = UNIVERSAL ELECTRONICS INC., Product = XSIGHT., Product ID = 8002
Opened on Port HID
Interface opened successfully
Base address = $0
Read initialization failed
Number of bytes read  = $0
Ending normal download
Data parsing started
Data parsing ended
DeviceUpgradePanel.createRowObject()
RemoteMaster.windowClosing() entered

1 have one device - samsung tv preprogrammed from remote . rmir dont see any device code

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12072
Feuerbard

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and yes 8602 and 8603 almost the same ( i have 8603 with broken backlight )

xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note that I have both Xsight Colors and Xsight Touchs and they do both work - the same amount anyway.

I did just go through a 'from scratch' session and turned up many bugs - which I will write up later today.

There is a map an image here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11806

xnappo
NevoC3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I have a Nevo C3 remote which is the same remote as the xsight touch.
I would really like to be able to use JP1 for programming. I have installed all of the necessary components/beta files to make the xsight touch work. However, RMIR does not see the remote and reports "no remotes found" when I attempt a download. I assume this is because there is no RDF for the Nevo branded model? If that is infact the issue could I copy the xsight touch rdf and create one for the Nevo C3, as described above for the xsight color? The only issue I have is the err file does not show me any details about the remote (like the product ID)

Here is part of my err file:
LibraryLoader: Attempting to load 'DecodeIR' from 'C:\Users\zache\Downloads\Remote Master Program\RemoteMaster.v2.02a\Windows-x86\DecodeIR.dll'...
LibraryLoader: Loaded 'DecodeIR' successfully from 'C:\Users\zache\Downloads\Remote Master Program\RemoteMaster.v2.02a\Windows-x86\DecodeIR.dll'
Starting normal download
Interface Name = JP1 USB
Port Name = NULL
Testing interface: JP1.X Serial
Testing interface: JP1 USB
Interface matched. Trying to open remote.
Failed to open
Testing interface: JP1 Parallel
RemoteMaster.windowClosing() entered
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One obvious problem is the version of RMIR, which is shown as 2.02a. Apparently you haven't successfully copied in the jar files from the alpha version as described in the first post of this thread.

It is likely that the PID of the remote will also be different for the Touch. That will require a new RDF with the appropriate PID.
NevoC3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have copied the correct .jar to the RMIR program folder, I just didn't rename the parent folder from the original install to reflect the update. Is that a necessary step? I have copied the info from my "About" page in RMIR below and it shows the v2.03 alpha 21e is the version in operation. ez-rc is running in the tray, and always shows green (connected) when I plug in my remote. Is there anything else I could be doing wrong? My hope is to get to the point where RMIR will "find" my remote so I can get the PID from the .err file like Feuerbard did to create a RDF for his xsight color. Am I on the right track? This is my first time working with RM and any help would be greatly appreciated.

RemoteMaster v2.03 Alpha 21e
Written primarily by Greg Bush (now accepting donations at http://sourceforge.net/donate/index.php?user_id=735638), with substantial additions and help from Graham Dixon
Additional help was provided by:
John S Fine, Nils Ekberg, Jon Armstrong, Robert Crowe, Mark Pauker, Mark Pierson, Mike England
RDFs loaded from C:\Users\zache\Downloads\Remote Master Program\RM required files\RDFs required for RM-IR and IR - Version 1.32
Images and Maps loaded from C:\Users\zache\Downloads\Remote Master Program\RM required files\Maps and Images required for RM-IR - Version 1.32
DecodeIR version 2.44
Interfaces:
JP1.X Serial version 0.19
CommHID version 0.2
JP1 USB version 0.031
JP1 Parallel version 0.02
System Properties:
java.version = "1.7.0_25"
java.vendor = "Oracle Corporation"
os.name = "Windows 7"
os.arch = "x86"
Libraries loaded from C:\Users\zache\Downloads\Remote Master Program\RemoteMaster.v2.02a\Windows-x86
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check on the menu for the proper remote interface selection selection. I just had mine change on its own and I kept getting "no remote found" It looks to me as if your error report reflects the same problem.

Menu
Remote->Interface->"Autodetect" or "JP1.x" but not JP1

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may only need to change the name of the RDF to get going.
3FG wrote:
...when the remote is plugged in to the USB port, check Device Manager\Human Interface Devices to make sure the computer is seeing it. It should be VID 06E7 and PID 8001.
If yours is different, say, 8005, like mine, then you need to rename the RDF to USB8005... . The rest of the RDF is probably the same for the C3. But I think you are the first C3 user to try RMIR so far.

Vicky, in the case of Xsight remotes the correct interface is Autodetect or CommHid/HID, not JP1.x.

BTW, when looking around to confirm that the C3 was indeed identical to the Touch, I ran across this, which is a C3 plus RF extender for $100. Not a bad deal at all, if anyone is looking to pick one of these up.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEVO-C3-Remote-Control-and-REX-433-Extender/251347868331

Last edited by mdavej on Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NevoC3,
You're right, the base folder name doesn't matter, and your About screen shows the correct Alpha version.

I'm not sure, but it sounds like EZ-RC automatically connects to the remote when it is plugged in. In that case, RMIR presumably can't connect because EZ-RC has already connected, and only one program can talk to a USB device. Try exiting EZ-RC before running RMIR.
NevoC3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for your fast replies! I got the PID from Device Manager, copy/renamed the RDF from xsight touch and I have successfully downloaded my configuration. Now I just need to familiarize my self with RMIR and get started tweaking! Very exciting, given the extremely limited programming ez-rc.com provides. RMIR is such a blessing.

BTW, I found the PID to be 8007 for anyone who is curious. I will report major bugs if I run into any. Are there known limitations/issues for the xsight/nevo in the alpha version?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 2 of 45

Jump to: