JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

JP1 emulator?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: JP1 emulator? Reply with quote

The problem:
Given an RMDU-file. We would like to compute the rendered version (i.e. start-, repeat-, ending-sequences as a set of durations), possibly to compute the CCF form, or similar.

One way would of course be to flash the RMDU to an appropriate remote, and capture the IR signals with an IrWidget. This not a technologically sound solution, lots of manual, error prone work, requires hardware. Therefore, a software solution is solicited.

If the device upgrade uses a built-in protocol, this would require the UEI executer, thus probably having a legal problem. Luckily, these are known anyhow, in DecodeIR and IrpMaster. So the interesting case is the protocols with a supplied executor.

BTW, http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8969 is the trigger of my request.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you just want to see what the original signals look like for the Entone Aumlet IPTV receiver, you can download them here:

http://wwvv.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12561
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started writing one a long, long time ago but never really got to the point where it would be useful. I looked at taking MAME and using it as the basis once I got the instruction set going. I was able to emulate a lot of the instructions and was working on a instruction set validator (written in assembly) that would then throw errors if it failed.

But agin that was a LONG time ago!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: