JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-8308 R01
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
radioFAB

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
I uploaded a revised WAV file, which explicitly erases the upgrade area and part of the learned area, so that it mimics approach taken by UEI generated files. Please give it a try. If it doesn't work, we still have one more possibility variation on the WAV files to try.

Following Vicky's suggestion, have you checked the batteries?

Well no wonder you have expert under your username because you have well and truly cracked it, KeyMagic works perfectly and so does key copy, I simply loaded the fix WAV first then upgraded the WAV file with all my devices in.
Both punch through and device copy all work as they should, absolutely brilliant can’t thank you enough, I am very grateful.
Peter
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Just so you know, binky123 is the real expert who figured out the fix for the keymoves.

Would you mind testing a slight revision, to help us understand how the WAV files for the URC-8308 should be configured? The WAV file that works erased not only the part of memory related to upgrades, but also the first 512 bytes of the area associated with learned signals. I've made a WAV file that only erases the upgrade area, and I'd like you to try uploading this to your remote to see if it blinks once or twice. There's no need to press CH+; I just want to know if the remote thinks is a legal WAV file. Then you'll need to reload your normal upgrade.

Thanks!
radioFAB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still more then willing to help it’s the least I can do, and thank you to binky123 as well.
I downloaded the file and reset the remote (I don’t mind) loaded the slightly small wav file it blinked twice and as before every thing worked, I must admit I am a bit lost so I be correct in saying use the last file or doesn’t it really matter.
Would I be correct in saying that if these remotes has the 6 pin plug in the battery holder, I could use the remote control programmer to copy one remote to the other, or am I barking up the wrong tree.
I will check back later as the site is not sending emails to my email address
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for running the test. That was the result I hoped for.

In general, the contents of one UEI remote model can't be transferred directly to a different model. We don't know enough about the differences between the two revisions of the URC-8308 to say if the content could be transferred directly. In fact we don't have an RDF file for the R00 version.

However, if the remotes had a 6 pin connector, we could construct a RDF file, and then it would be trivial to carry out a transfer, since the remotes must be very similar.
radioFAB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Thanks very much for running the test. That was the result I hoped for.

In general, the contents of one UEI remote model can't be transferred directly to a different model. We don't know enough about the differences between the two revisions of the URC-8308 to say if the content could be transferred directly. In fact we don't have an RDF file for the R00 version.

However, if the remotes had a 6 pin connector, we could construct a RDF file, and then it would be trivial to carry out a transfer, since the remotes must be very similar.

I can upload a WAV file for the R00 if you want one to play with, but as far as the coping one remote to another it would of cause be the same make model.
I read somewhere it may well of been on here that there is a place on the PCB inside the remote for a connector.
I’ll pop back later and upload the R00 if you want one.
Peter
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: