JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I Need to Modify My Remote AGAIN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... you file seems to be perfectly fine. What was the issue again?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim has one 1067BX3 and one 1067BC4 remote. I'm trying to convert the BX3 (S3F80) remote image to work with the BC4 (MAXQ610). One of his upgrades is a Pioneer 4DEV, which was written by the JP1 community. I'm not able to convert that to MAXQ assembler, so I'm trying to use the built in PID 00 7E or 00 6A. But the Pioneer executors are somewhat scrambled in protocols.ini, and I'm confused.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,
Try this RMIR file for your 2556 1067BC4 remote. You also need to use a slightly revised RDF file and a newer protocols.ini file.

Protocols.ini goes in the same folder as RemoteMaster.jar, and of course the RDF file goes in your RDF folder.

I also encourage you in RMIR to do a File\Set Directory\RDF folder to make sure it is pointed at the folder containing your RDFs and then do this again for the Image Folder, making sure it is pointed at where your images/maps are.

You can see a picture of the remote in the Device Editor Window, and looking at the Layout tab.
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:

Protocols.ini goes in the same folder as RemoteMaster.jar, and of course the RDF file goes in your RDF folder.

I don't seem to have a RemoteMaster.jar file.

Quote:
I also encourage you in RMIR to do a File\Set Directory\RDF folder to make sure it is pointed at the folder containing your RDFs and then do this again for the Image Folder, making sure it is pointed at where your images/maps are.

Done.

Quote:
You can see a picture of the remote in the Device Editor Window, and looking at the Layout tab.

Found it. The body shape and button layout in your latest upgrade file look correct, but the cosmetic appearance is very different and it says Comcast at the bottom instead of Xfinity.
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that I wasn't using the Protocols.ini file 'cause I didn't know where to put it, I uploaded your latest upgrade to the remote. No luck. The controls for the Pioneer receiver don't work.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll have to find that ini file and replace it with the correct one. Use search if necessary.
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the Protocols.ini file (it was in the main program directory -- C:\Program Files) and replaced it with the one downloaded. Still no luck. The sound and HDMI channel-change (pioneer) still don't work.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,
Do you really mean that protocols.ini is C:\Program Files, and not in C:\Program Files\<whatever you call the RemoteMaster folder>? Protocols.ini has to be in the same folder as the RemoteMaster.jar, or if you installed the Jet version, in the same directory as the exe file.

Regarding the picture of the remote, the purpose is to allow you to graphically assign functions to buttons, so the positions and names of the buttons are the only thing that matters.

Finally, "no luck" doesn't help us troubleshoot the issue. Please tell us what does work and in detail what features of the Pioneer don't work.
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I mentioned earlier I do not have a RemoteMaster.jar file.

The full address of the directory containing Protocols.ini is C:\Program Files (x86)\RemoteMaster

I'm sorry, not understanding much about all this, I thought you would just move the existing coding to the new remote Like vickyg2003 did earlier in this Topic with the other new Comcast remote and didn't need to understand the functions.

The way it works is as follows:

The Cable selection works as normal.
The TV selection works as normal (I assume you can ignore this selection as I can program it using the ordinary programming codes).
The Aux selection operates a Toshiba D-R410KU Player/Recorder. But, this selection is combined with very limited functions of my Pioneer VSX-820 receiver.
These combined in functions switch the Pioneer HDMI channel as follows: The number buttons 1, 2, 3 select Aux, TV & Cable respectively when in AUX. (This may be done with some kind of macro from dv3, but here my understanding breaks down.)

The invisible dev3 selection is used to punch through the Volume up/down and the mute buttons to the other selections -- I think. But again having an invisible selection do this is something outside my understanding.

These last two functions ?may? be achieved by programing the invisible dev3 as the Pioneer and punching the sound through from there and making the 1, 2, & 3 buttons in AUX behave like shortcuts to the selection button changes in dev3.

Sorry if this isn't clear. Just ask and I'll try to explain.

Neither the audio punch through nor the Selection changing 1,2,3 buttons in AUX work. These are the only Pioneer functions I use on the remote and neither works.

Because it's messier to check the Toshiba DVD I haven't tried it at all. I stopped when the Pioneer functions didn't work and reported.

Last edited by i_am_jim on Thu May 23, 2013 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the Topic with the previous modifications. In the first post I link to the previous Topics.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13315&highlight=
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the RMIR file I uploaded doesn't have any buttons assigned for the Pioneer (dev3). Please go to the Layout or Buttons tab and assign at least Vol+/- and Mute.

When you press A, the remote should be switched to dev3 mode. Pressing most buttons (except ch+/- and the digits) should not light any of the LEDs, because there is no LED associated with dev3.

Can you check with a cell phone camera that Vol and mute does send an IR signal (and no LED lights)? The camera is sensitive to the IR light from the remote. That would tell us if the remote is trying to send a volume signal or if I have the punch through messed up.

Similarly, check if AUX 1, 2, or 3 does send an IR signal.
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I have Assigned the Volume +/- and Mute they're working. Now how do I get the HDMI channel switching to work?

3FG wrote:
Can you check with a cell phone camera that Vol and mute does send an IR signal (and no LED lights)?

I first used the working remote to test what what I should expect to see. I don't see any light come from the IR transmitter. This picture shows what I see:

The red is the LED and reflections of it.

Last edited by i_am_jim on Fri May 24, 2013 9:33 am; edited 2 times in total
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, I intended to report:

When I press any Cable button on the remote with your upgrade the LED flashes rapidly. On the remote that is working properly the LED remains on steady while the button is pressed.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mention that the remote blinks rapidly in Cable mode. Does the 2556 remote control your cable box?

I'm not sure why your camera isn't seeing the IR flashes.

Regarding the input selectors, UEI remotes use 2 schemes for storing keymoves, and we don't know yet which the 2556 uses. I've edited the RDF file to use the other kind, and also uploaded a RMIR file prepared with the newer RDF. Please download both and try it.
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
You mention that the remote blinks rapidly in Cable mode. Does the 2556 remote control your cable box?

It also flashes fast in AUX mode, but seems to work in both Cable and AUX.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: