JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RCA RCRP05BR a 60 second skip & 30 second sec. skip?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebrain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: RCA RCRP05BR a 60 second skip & 30 second sec. skip? Reply with quote

RCA RCRP05BR can I have a 60 second skip & 30 second sec. skip?

I recently learned to the on demand button the 30 second skip for Windows media center playback of recorded TV however it will only skip one segment then stop.

What I had to do was learn another 30 second skip to the Fav button and then alternate on demand and Fav. and it's very slow.

I think I'll try this procedure for the EFC code and it will be just a 30 second skip correct? and will allow consecutive press's.
Like can I press 4 times quiwkly for a 2 minute skip?
Tap PC mode
1) Press Setup until the remote blinks twice
2) Enter 994 (2 blinks)
3) Tap Setup
4) –enter 00226
5) -skip
The remote should blink twice.

Ideally I'd like to have a 60 second skip on the Fav.button & 30 second sec. skip on the on demand is this possiable w/ just codes, w/out the JP1 programming?

Thanks STB
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That function (EFC 226) is already built into the 1272 MCE setup on the RCA remote. Its on the ->| button right next to the List button.

MCE signals toggle, so each press is supposed to send a different code. That is why you needed to learn the button 2x in order for the second press to work.
thebrain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Vicky you are correct the function (EFC 226) is allready premapped to the ->| button right next to the List button. what is 1272 for MCE I used DVR mode and code 1972.

I thought that was a next chapter button like on DVD players ( I never really use that skip chapter).

when using the remote in the right hand this ->| button is easily acsessed however lefthanded it's a slite reach but still very doable.

I may choose to do my first key move to either on demand or Fav. the skip operation is so smooth I don't see a need for 30 and 60 second skips.

This is excellent advice as usalle. Thanks alot TB

edit. I and constantly adjusting the aspect ratio.
am I forced to be in TV mode in order to ajust aspect ratio? I would like to be able to adjust in PC,BD & Mag mode is this possiable w/out the JP1 programming?
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Just choose a button that will mean Aspect Ratio in all modes. Put a macro on that button that is "TV, Aspect Ratio". After the macro runs, the mode will revert to its original mode, not stay in TV.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Phil realized that we were in the Non-JP1 area. As far as I know the method he outlined only works with an extender using xtv commands, but I may be mistaken.

I believe you need a different type of keymove to do what you want to do. This is where you move a key to another device. The keymoves you have been using up until now have been EFC style keymoves. That is where you add a function that is not currently in the built in code by supplying an EFC. Now you want to move a key from another device. Again this adds another layer of complexity to what you have to remember, because in two years when you change out your equipment, you need to remember where you put all this stuff. Again I recommend you use IR or RMIR to document what you've been doing so that you'll have some clue as to what you've done when you need to undo it.

These instructions will help you with the keymoves to move the aspect ratio.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=Copy_one_key_to_another_device
thebrain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copy one key to another device
1. PRESS and HOLD the SETUP button until the red LED flashes twice, then RELEASE.
2. TAP 9 - 9 - 4.
3. TAP the "from" DEVICE button (eg, TV)
4. TAP the "from" regular button (eg, VOL+)
5. TAP the "to" DEVICE button (eg, VCR)
6. TAP the "to" regular button (eg, VOL+) - two Blinks
EXAMPLE: To use TV volume in the VCR mode, SETUP - 9 - 9 - 4 -TV - VOL UP - VCR- VOL UP - two blinks. You would have to do the same process for VOL DOWN and MUTE.
NOTES:
• To assign as advanced code to a 'shift' key, simply TAP SETUP before TAPing the key in step 4 above.
• Functions cannot be copied to the device buttons or the SETUP button.
SETUP - 9 - 9 - 4 –mode-TV – aspect ratio - mode – PC-two blinks.
SETUP - 9 - 9 - 4 –mode-TV – aspect ratio - mode – Mag-two blinks.
SETUP - 9 - 9 - 4 –mode-TV – aspect ratio - mode – BD-two blinks.

OK Vicky the aspect ratio is already programmed for TV device (I’ve actually been accustomed to calling it mode).
So I’ll use the above procedure of each unprogrammed mode PC, Mag and BD.

? when I copy a key to another device (mode) this key will still function as it used to on the device I copy from correct?
Like I’m copying TVs Mode aspect to PC, Mag & BD will aspect still work on TV?
I have been keeping notes on which keys I have assigned what programming to but I probablley should be more organized w/ the documenting that you suggest.

I have also made labels stuck to the remote for easier refernce I’ll post a image after I design the four macros I have plan.
Thanks again for the surport also Thanks Phil TB

Edit Vicky I was actualley concidering on relocating the skip key down to the on demand or Fav key for ease of left handed use. because I use the thumb w/ the left hand and use the index finger w/ the right hand.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebrain wrote:

OK Vicky the aspect ratio is already programmed for TV device (I’ve actually been accustomed to calling it mode).
So I’ll use the above procedure of each unprogrammed mode PC, Mag and BD.

Well, I wouldn't call in unprogram, I'd call it reprogram the PC aspect ratio with the TV aspect ratio. Actually you can reach the original programming that was included in the setup code for those buttons with Shift-Aspect. We call that "shift cloaking" here in the forums.

Quote:

? when I copy a key to another device (mode) this key will still function as it used to on the device I copy from correct?
Like I’m copying TVs Mode aspect to PC, Mag & BD will aspect still work on TV?

Yes it will be similar to what would happen if you pressed Aspect while in TV mode.

Quote:

I have also made labels stuck to the remote for easier refernce I’ll post a image after I design the four macros I have plan.

I have a brother label maker, with white print on black stickers. It has a tiny font so it really is great for labeling remotes. Generally I put a sticker on the back to remind other people that there is a special battery replacement procedure for extenders.

I also need to label my remotes for the room they go in, because I have all sorts of remotes in my "lab" and I don't want to accidentally reprogram when I am trying to test what is going on with other people's setup.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I wasn't more specific. I was only responding to:
Quote:
edit. I and constantly adjusting the aspect ratio.
am I forced to be in TV mode in order to ajust aspect ratio? I would like to be able to adjust in PC,BD & Mag mode is this possiable w/out the JP1 programming?
So that is why I suggested a MACRO to achieve what he wanted. Maybe I was mistaken and an unextended remote does not switch back to the original device after executing. If this is the case, then I would keymove the TV aspect command to the Aspect button in each of the other device modes.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the Aspect command preset via the builtin tv code? Or was it added via efc? You can't keymove efc command. it has to be done in one operation.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RCR RCRP05B can do Device Specific Macros, using 978. A DSM will only run in the device mode for which it was defiened. So if a device to device keymove isn't practical, e.g. for the reason MaskedMan points out, then assign separate DSMs for each device mode. For example, in Cable mode, the DSM would be TV, Aspect, Cable. In DVR mode, it would be TV, Aspect, DVR
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I forgot that this remote is capable of DSMs. A DSM may be more practical than a keymove. Many times the aspect ratio needs another key to clear the aspect ratio selection menu from the screen. In that case a DSM is an excellent way to go.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
thebrain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaskedMan wrote:
Was the Aspect command preset via the builtin tv code? .
yes when I programmed the TV w/ it's code the aspect ratio was a function of the TV mode.
I am forced to go to TV mode from other modes to adjust aspect ratio.

Thanks TB
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am forced to go to TV mode from other modes to adjust aspect ratio.
3FG explains exactly how to solve this problem just 2 posts above your most recent post.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the steps would be:

1. tv
2. press and hold setup for two blinks, release
3. enter 9 9 4
4. press aspect key
5. press cable device key
6. press aspect key

repeat for other devices, just change the device in step 5
stevethebrain

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: two more issuses resolved skip and aspect ratio Reply with quote

You Ladies and Gentlemen are the best, I now am not forced to be in TV mode to adjust that Peskie aspect ratio, I can now be in PC mode or TV mode.
I don't use the Mag. DVR or the BD much will progrom them later.
I used Edmunds procedure
1. tv
2. press and hold setup for two blinks, release
3. enter 9 9 4
4. press aspect key
5. press cable device key
6. press aspect key

which is differnt than Copy one key to another device
w/ a extra step. step #6
SETUP - 9 - 9 - 4 –mode-TV – aspect ratio - mode – PC-two blinks.
SETUP - 9 - 9 - 4 –mode-TV – aspect ratio - mode – Mag-two blinks.
SETUP - 9 - 9 - 4 –mode-TV – aspect ratio - mode – BD-two blinks.

Now if I could only figure out how to allways have 16 X 9. on my desktop so I could have a full screen and a toolbar. (I can only see the small section of my toolbar I will post a screen shot of the desk top) I have to set the DT to wide fit as I also have the TV screen size set to wide fit.

I'm not liking to constanly adjust the aspect ratio at least now it's a tad easier.

Thanks again Guy'
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: