JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR 2.02a error on load

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrMoody

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: RMIR 2.02a error on load Reply with quote

Been using RM and IR for years with no problem. Now I'm getting an OARI06G so I need the latest JP1.4/2 support.

What am I doing wrong? I'm running XP 32-bit, Java runtime 1.7.0_17. Installed Java version of RemoteMaster 2.02a following instructions and downloaded latest Map (1.32) and RDF (1.32) folders. Added map, jpg, rdf for 7960 and OARI06G from "latest area" to respective folders. Chose the correct folders when asked. Added map & jpg for 60260 after it complained about being unable to load it.

When I start the program I get
[Remote Load Error]
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.hifiremote.jp1.Remote.setPhantomShapes(Remote.java:526)
at com.hifiremote.jp1.Remote.load(Remote.java:392)
at com.hifiremote.jp1.RemoteManager.findRemoteByName(RemoteManager.java:247)
etc
etc

Edit: using my old RDF folder with 7960/OARI06G added there's no error, so there must be an RDF it doesn't like in the latest set ...

Edit2: Loading the Philips BDP3300 bluray upgrade which is configured for the 7960 causes the same error.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks to me as if you are actually opening your old version of RMIR even though you think you are opening v2.02a. Your old RMIR cannot interpret the RDFs of JP1.4 remotes and later and so could be causing the error message you are seeing.

If you are opening RMIR from a shortcut, that shortcut may still be pointing to the old RMIR. I suggest you open v2.02a in the most direct way, by opening the installation folder and double-clicking the RemoteMaster.jar file. If it then opens OK, check the target path in your shortcut and edit it if necessary.

If that doesn't work, try moving the new RDFs temporarily to a folder that RMIR won't look at and seeing if RMIR then opens. If it does, look at Help/About to check what version has actually opened.

Please post a message here to say what you find, whether this solves your problem or not. If it doesn't, I will think again. If it does, your problem and its solution may help another user at some later time.
MrMoody

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opened new .jar file dated 11/27/2012,
Help/About says version 2.02a,
Opening Philips BDP3300 upgrade causes the same error. Note the program seems to continue to run normally after dismissing the error. Still works with my 8820s and 10820N. Haven't gotten the OARI06G yet ...

Removing all RDFs makes it ask for the RDF location.
Removing all but "322403 (URC-7960 One For All 6+3).rdf" and opening the upgrade causes the same error.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand this. I have just loaded the Phillips BDP3300 upgrade with RemoteMaster v2.02a and not got any error. I have also downloaded my URC-7960 with v2.02a and not got an error. Could you please post a zip file containing your RemoteMaster.jar file and the "322403 (URC-7960 One For All 6+3).rdf" file in the diagnostics section and post a link to it here, so that I can test this out with precisely the same files that you are using.
MrMoody

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11878
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even using your files, I cannot get an error. However, further investigation suggests that I might not have asked for the right files. The line of code that the error message references (Remote.java:526) is
Code:
ImageIcon icon = new ImageIcon( map.getImageFile().getAbsolutePath() );

This can only generate a NullPointerException if map.getImageFile returns "null". So it implies that the image file is missing for some map file. The name of the map file is given in the RDF. For the URC-7960 rdf this is URC-7960.map. The map file contains the name of the image file. If you open the map file with a text editor you should see the line
Code:
#$GIF:URC-7960.jpg

Are you absolutely sure that you have both the map and image files for the URC-7960 in the folder you have specified for maps?

You say that all appears to work normally if you dismiss the error. Does that mean that you can view the Phillips rmdu file? If so, go to the Layout tab. Do you get an image of the URC-7960 on the left hand side? Do check all this, as I really am running out of ideas.
MrMoody

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's the problem! The URC-7960.map file is corrupted, didn't download properly. Thanks for the clues.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad all is now resolved. Pleased to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: