JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First time poster - code to control soundbar on Atlas 1056

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hookminor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: First time poster - code to control soundbar on Atlas 1056 Reply with quote

My apologies if I am posting this on the wrong section.
I am in Ontario and a customer of Rogers (a cable service provider up here). At this time, I have a Cisco 8462HD PVR cable box, which came with an Atlas 1056B03 remote.
I have been able to program the remote to control my television (LG 50LS4000).
However, I recently got a Samsung HW-E450 soundbar and cannot seem to get the remote to control this. I am not interested in any way of controlling power or inputs. I simply want to be able to increase and decrease volume on the soundbar, and mute the soundbar.
Is there a code available that will allow me to do this?

I would also like to add that I have an older Atlas remote from a previous unit, and it appears to be a 1056.
I tried to see if it had learning capability. When I enter the 945 code on the 1056B03, I only get a solid flash. However, on the 1056, I get the double flash, leading me to belive that it has the capability to learn. However, I cannot get this to work either. I have tried to see if it will learn from the Samsung soundbar remote, but I only get a solid flash at the end of the process. I tried to expand this to learn from other remotes that I have around the house, but it won't work for any of those, either. Is it possible that it does not have the learning capability, after all?

Thanks for your time, and I apologize for making my first post such a long one.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My apologies if I am posting this on the wrong section.

Not the wrong place, but you didn't read the sticky and post using the correct template for this forum. Most of the information can be dug out of the post, but its a lot easier if you use the template.

Quote:
I tried to see if it had learning capability. When I enter the 945 code on the 1056B03, I only get a solid flash. However, on the 1056, I get the double flash, leading me to belive that it has the capability to learn.

I hope this is a typo and that you entered 975. Atlas remotes with learning are rare. Typically they all act like they are going to learn with the rapid blinking, but then the non-learners never give you the confirmation double blink.

Your Samsung Sound bar uses a Samsung36 protocol, and to my knowledge there isn't anything like that built into your Atlas remotes.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.

Last edited by vickyg2003 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total
hookminor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had originally posted this in the non-JP1 section, but I guess it was moved by an administrator.

Here is the template, if this helps at all:

1. Device: Samsung HW-E450
2. Type of device: Soundbar
3. Year: 2013?
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Atlas 1056
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? Sort of
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes

Also, you are correct in presuming the typo. I did use 975, not 945.
I tried again yesterday by using 976 to see if I could delete all previously learned funtions that may have been in there to my knowledge, and then 975 to learn the new funtions, but it still did not work.

Thanks for your assistance.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you were not the only one to make a typo, I meant Samsung36 not 26. Fixed above.

The Samsung Soundbar uses a Samsung36 48.15.0

Again I don't know of any built in code that would send this type of signal.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
hookminor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate your response and hope that you will forgive my ignorance.
So I guess my only options would be to get my hands on a JP1 cable and try to reprogram my Atlas 1056, or invest in a universal remote that can handle all three devices (television, cable box/PVR, soundbar).
Does that sound right? Or are you saying that even the JP1 cable and reprogramming is not an option?
Thanks again.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hookminor wrote:
I appreciate your response and hope that you will forgive my ignorance.
So I guess my only options would be to get my hands on a JP1 cable and try to reprogram my Atlas 1056, or invest in a universal remote that can handle all three devices (television, cable box/PVR, soundbar).
Does that sound right?

Yes that would be correct. You would need to add an upgrade for the Samsung36 ugrade via the cable.

3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know of any universal remote that has codes for the Samsung Soundbar. However, if you have the original remote, and don't want to add any discrete codes, you can use a learning universal remote.

Using a JP1 flash cable is much more flexible. The 1056B03 is a JP2 remote and RMIR supports it. It is probably safer to do some light assembly of a FTDI USB to serial adapter rather than buy a ready made flash cable from DIYGadget. It isn't clear that the DIYGadget cable will work with JP2 remotes-- I know of two failures with JP2 remotes. On the other hand, satisfied users tend to not post their success, so the cables may usually work fine,
hookminor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a follow up question to the last post.
I have ordered a FTDI-chip cable that another poster in this forum said that they purchased and worked for them. It is not a ready-made JP cable, so I will have to follow the instructions on how to modify it to work on my Atlas 1056B03 remote.
While I am waiting for it to arrive, I have been playing around with RMIR and IR/KM, just trying to ensure that when it gets here, I'll know what to do.
I see that there are no files for a Samsung HW-E450, but there is a file for HW-C450, which I presume will work. However, it's only a text file, not a rmdu file, which I guess means I will have to use IR and KeyMaster.
I see a lot of posts that indicate the RMIR supports JP2 remotes, but what about IR. Will it work on this? Will I be able to use my JP2 cable using IR and KM?
Sorry, once again, for the lack of knowledge on my part.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not correct. RM will open KM txt files.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Open File dialog, make sure that you select "All Device Upgrade Files" as the file type.

IR.exe does not support JP2 remotes.
hookminor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
Based on this information, I did a little bit more digging and found the instructions for RM-IR version. I was always looking at the original instructions that only included IR.exe.
Thanks again.
hookminor

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update...
Finally got the cable that I ordered on eBay. Connected it to my Atlas remote without issue, and it was recognized by my laptop.
Launched RMIR, loaded up the file that I thought might work, and uploaded the information to the remote. Took less than 10 minutes (since it was my first time, I had to follow the instructions I printed out from this site on how to use RMIR).
Worked BEAUTIFULLY. I now have control of my new soundbar from my remote.
Thank you to all who responded to my posts with your advise and suggestions. It was very much appreciated.
This is such a great site with very helpful members.
Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: