JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CSS2123 Philips Soundbar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dymas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: CSS2123 Philips Soundbar Reply with quote

I have a CSS2123 Philips Soundbar.
My Universal Electronics remote has been unable to control it (I've tried every code in the manual and on their website twice, as well as the 9-9-1 + Channel method for about 500 presses). I saw an article that someone did here where they were able to get it done but I have had no luck thusfar.

Any ideas?
Hamsterman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the one who posted the device upgrade, after help from the crew here. As I stated in the original problem description, there was no built-in code to control the sound bar, nor one where EFCs could be used. You can use learned keys, but since the toggle bit doesn't toggle on a learned key it won't work well.

You really need a JP1.x cable and use the device upgrade. The cable isn't expensive, nor too difficult to make, thanks to the efforts of the people here. The nice thing is once you have your remote upgrades defined, when you change a device you can keep the same keys with the same function, and if the remote dies, you can reprogram a new one right away.

Either that or return the sound bar and get one which has a device code that works. You could bring your remote with you to the store...

Hamsterman
dymas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, well I didn't understand any of your post about built-in codes, EFCs, learned keys or toggle bits but... Very Happy You say I need a JP1.x cable... I have no idea what this is either. I don't know what you mean by "upgrades" defined either. Now that I am a self professed remote moron, I'll say I'm one stubborn remote moron who would rather spend hours learning what the heck a JP1 cable and how I can control my tv with one remote.

So step 1.

Go buy/make a JP1.x cable... Any suggestions on where/how to do this?

Step 2.

How do I connect a remote to a JP1 cable...?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: