JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

8810W Setup Code TV/1256

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OkieII

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: 8810W Setup Code TV/1256 Reply with quote

I'm new to JP1. Built interface for my 8810W and downloaded code from remote. I can't find code listing for Toshiba TV/1256 setup code for KM. How do I go about generating the code listing?

Last edited by OkieII on Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When asking about a setup code, you need to specify the device type (TV, VCR, DVD, etc )..
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should always provide a device type when you ask about a setup code number. It would also help to give the brand and model number of the device itself.

I assume you mean TV/1256, which is in many of the RS remotes and not in the OFA remotes.

TV/1256 is nearly the same as TV/0156, which is the basic Toshiba TV code. I'm sure you can find plenty of sources for the basic Toshiba TV commands and/or for the contents of TV/0156. Even if that leaves out a few commands that you expect to find in TV/1256, it's easy to learn those few commands from the OEM remote and let IR.EXE decode them, so you can define either KeyMoves in TV/0156 or a new upgrade.
OkieII

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I did switch to 0156 and did reprogram some keys and did learn some missing functions from my neighbors old Toshiba remote. I'm still curious as to how these code listings are being generated. I haven't spotted anything that shows you how to do this.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still not clear on what you're trying to accomplish.
Do you have a Toshiba TV?
Did you lose or break the original remote?
Why did you think TV/1256 might be better than TV/0156?

The primary and most reliable source of lists of which EFC or OBC numbers go with which commands is decoding learned signals. In the learned signals tab in IR.EXE you can click on each learned signals and see what it is.

If you want info on just a few keys from a built-in setup code, you can do manual keymoves on the remote itself (994 command for a non LCD remote) then download to IR.EXE and look at those KeyMoves. That method would be quite tedious if you wanted a whole setup code, but there isn't a better way available.

For just the 15-1994, all that information is in the devices4 spreadsheet, so you could get a full list of TV/0156 (but not TV/1256) from there.

Another great source is CCF files from RemoteCentral. With the DecodeCCF program you can decode all the learned signals in a CCF file, so you could download a few of the Toshiba TV CCF files, decode them, consolidate the results and have at least as complete a set of Toshiba TV functions as you could get from any UEI setup code.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so people don't think you're all barmy, I edited the original post, substituting the phrase "setup code" for "device code" and adding in the TV/ device type.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: