JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RCRPS06GR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
utmba95

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: RCRPS06GR Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm surprised I don't see any references to this remote on the site. Is this supported? JP1.3? Is it any good? I've been limping along with my really old URC-6131's that I love, so I haven't kept up with the latest JP1 stuff.

Thanks,
Mike
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: RCRPS06GR Reply with quote

utmba95 wrote:
Hi,

I'm surprised I don't see any references to this remote on the site. Is this supported?
No
Quote:
JP1.3?
Don't know
Quote:
Is it any good?
If it isn't JP1, it isn't any good Wink . Seems ok but has some weird limitations, like only 6 macros assigned to num keys, no key moves or key copy, etc.

The only current RCA model that is a JP1 remote that we know of is the RCRP05B (or BR).

If you like that layout, check out THIS VUR8, or THIS ARRS05G. The smaller Insignia HERE is also a good one. Atlas cable remotes are also popular, but I'm not a fan the styling personally.

EDIT: After looking at the code list, this does appear to be a UEI remote and use some strange version of UEI codes. But it doesn't program the same way as UEI JP1 remotes. So there is a possibility it's JP1, but I still think it's unlikely due to the way it's programmed. Are you willing to buy one and see?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this line of remotes is internally very similar to the OARN08G series.

These have a 10 pad JTAG connector and no possibility of adding a JPx connector.

Regarding the naming, we've seen RCR and OAR prefixes used before. Tthe RCRP05B and the OARP05S are identical remotes excepting the brand name and one is black and the other is silver.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: