Joined: 03 Apr 2006
|Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:45 pm Post subject: REQ: Wav upgrade file - Apple TV/iPod for URC-8910
(second attempt at this - browser crash during the first post)
1. Device: Apple TV
2. Type of device: Set top box
3. Year: ??
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-8910
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? No
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? No
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes
I checked the files section and did the search and I was unable to find a version of the AppleTV/iPod remote upgrade for the URC-8910. I believe it uses code 1115 / AUD (would that be CD on the 8910?). The upgrades in the Files section were all for other model remotes.
Is there a way to upgrade the 8910 with this code via a wav file? If so, could someone provide me with a wav file, since I do not have a working JP1 cable? (An ideal fix would be one file with the 1115 and the Windows MCE upgrade 1972 / VCR so I wouldn't lose my Xbox 360 control.)
If you can't provide a wav file, can someone provide instructions on how to create my own with the available tools (e.g. IRtoWAV)?
Or, if this upgrade isn't possible, please let me know. I'd like to now use up all of my learning slots for these remotes.
PS - If this is the wrong sub-forum, I apologize.