JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-8060 Extender 1
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: URC-8060 Extender 1 Reply with quote

I have uploaded Extender 1 for the URC-8060 to the jp1 group file section

In addition to the features listed below I have added an option to disable the backlight motion detector from IR. This in effect is a software solution to clipping the motion sensor wires

URC-8060 Extender 1
    This version includes:

Faster Macros
    Nested macros
    Macros on all buttons (except SCREEN)
    Very different and flexible device selection
    Default screen selection for scrollable devices
    Pause protocol
    Device Specific Macros
    ToadTog
    Long/Double Keypress

This version has 2 limitations you need to be aware of:

1) TeleText functions must be mapped to the transport buttons
    2) Menu and Guide do not act like the unextended remote you will need to use screen to scroll through the screens.
    NOTE: DSMs can be created to simulate the unextended remote action

See the included ReadMe.txt for details on installing and using the extender.

Post any problems or requests in the thread.

Good luck and have fun Very Happy

Last edited by Nils_Ekberg on Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:45 am; edited 4 times in total
RichardP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils,

Thanks for implementing the device specific screen selection, that’s much better.

I have two problems, one is intermittent Confused

1) The ToadTog Pause problem described in the previous thread, not urgent at all.

2) Intermittently, but seemingly more with this released version than the previous Betas, the DiscreteON command does not turn on my TV when in a macro, if I assign this to a key and hold the key for a fraction longer than a quick press, then it works. All I can assume is that the duration of the DiscreteOn command is right on the limit of what the TV requires to activate it. I thought I had worked around this by using multiple DiscreteOn commands but that does not work. Is there any way that the command can be transmitted for just a little longer?

Otherwise this all works very well.

Richard
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardP wrote:
Nils,

2) Intermittently, but seemingly more with this released version than the previous Betas, the DiscreteON command does not turn on my TV when in a macro, if I assign this to a key and hold the key for a fraction longer than a quick press, then it works. All I can assume is that the duration of the DiscreteOn command is right on the limit of what the TV requires to activate it. I thought I had worked around this by using multiple DiscreteOn commands but that does not work. Is there any way that the command can be transmitted for just a little longer?
Richard
This seems to be a consistent problem with extenders. When everything gets speeded up so does the signals. This typically does not impact many signals but sometimes it does and is reflected in the problem you are having. It would not seem to be specific to the DiscreteOn phantom and I suspect it would be the same no matter what button you put it on. Actually, I would guess you are just refering to the DiscreteOn macro and not the button itself. Anyway, if I slow it down everything slows down. I have the same problem with my TV power off function in another remote extender. I solved it in that one of by creating a one device device one button combiner protocol with KM. What the extender actually does is reduce the number of repeats in macros and sometimes like you tried adding extras solves the problem but not always.

It is pretty straight forward and the instructions are pretty good in KM. Give it a try and if it does not solve the problem I will dig deeper into the extender and see what can be done. I may have to get one of the experts to give me some hints since I am not an expert in this area of signal duration.

I will keep looking....
RichardP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
I solved it in that one of by creating a one device device one button combiner protocol with KM. What the extender actually does is reduce the number of repeats in macros and sometimes like you tried adding extras solves the problem but not always.

It is pretty straight forward and the instructions are pretty good in KM. Give it a try and if it does not solve the problem I will dig deeper into the extender and see what can be done. I may have to get one of the experts to give me some hints since I am not an expert in this area of signal duration.

I will keep looking....

The way I implemented the DiscreteOn and DiscreteOff commands was to create a simple device using KM, so I guess I'm half way to your sugestion. Sorry to be thick, but I don't follow what you sugest. What do I combine to increase the repeats? I could not find any instructions in KM, the KM readme or the Protocol files.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard

For the protocol option, select device combiner than on the protocol tab there will be instructions on how to create the protocol. The key thing is the duration option since you really don't have to combine protocols.
RichardP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils,

Thanks for the additional info. I created a "Device Combiner" device to replace the Sharp 30 TV device I created which I was using and added the protocol and the device in IR. Whenever you press a key which is mapped to the Device Combiner the remote goes into an infinite loop flashing the IR transmit light. If I execute the command in a macro the remote resets.

I've uploaded three files which might help in diagnosis :

The KM device file here

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/sfupld?path=/Diagnosis%20Area/Sharp_Aquos_device_combiner_30.txt

The extended 8060 with the device combiner here

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/sfupld?path=/Diagnosis%20Area/8060-Ext-Device-Combiner.txt

A very simple standard 8060 with just the device and protocol and one key move to trigger DiscreteOn when the TV power button is pressed, here

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/sfupld?path=/Diagnosis%20Area/8060-Simple-Device-Combiner.txt

I would guess that either I've messed up or the device combiner protocol is not compatible with the URC-8060, the Sharp 30 protocol or both!

Richard
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard, I looked at the KM file for the device combiner and IR file and it does not look like you assigned the functions to the buttons on the buttons panel in KM. Also, when you do make sure you put both the device number and a duration. That is outlined in the protocol help.

Also, there is a keymove for one of the TV Discrete (off I think it was) which will need to be removed if KM does not replace. That keymove which in effect is calling the protocol with the wrong input parms could cause the loop.
RichardP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
Richard, I looked at the KM file for the device combiner and IR file and it does not look like you assigned the functions to the buttons on the buttons panel in KM. Also, when you do make sure you put both the device number and a duration. That is outlined in the protocol help.

Also, there is a keymove for one of the TV Discrete (off I think it was) which will need to be removed if KM does not replace. That keymove which in effect is calling the protocol with the wrong input parms could cause the loop.

Ignore the Extender for now, look at the Simple IR file. The keymoves are coded in directly which is why there are no Buttons in the KM file. This worked with the version I had which did not use the Device combiner (just defined the Sharp 30 device), is this required if I do use the Device Combiner? In IR the reslts look exactly the same if I just assign the DiscreteOn command to the Power Button (again trying to keep this as simple as possible).

Richard
Richard
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardP wrote:

Ignore the Extender for now, look at the Simple IR file. The keymoves are coded in directly which is why there are no Buttons in the KM file. This worked with the version I had which did not use the Device combiner (just defined the Sharp 30 device), is this required if I do use the Device Combiner? In IR the reslts look exactly the same if I just assign the DiscreteOn command to the Power Button (again trying to keep this as simple as possible).
Richard
With the device combiner the hex/efc's for the buttons will look different in IR and KM since the device combiner protocol expects 2 parms, one for the efc and the other for the duration. KM will generate a 2 byte hex command once you assign the functions to buttons

They would then look something like this in IR
    TV;Phantom1; TV; TV; 1093; $00 $13; 154* (Use Hex)
    TV;DiscreteON; TV; TV; 1093; $20 $52; 160* (Use Hex)
    TV;DiscreteOFF; TV; TV; 1093; $20 $D2; 156* (Use Hex)

RichardP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
With the device combiner the hex/efc's for the buttons will look different in IR and KM since the device combiner protocol expects 2 parms, one for the efc and the other for the duration. KM will generate a 2 byte hex command once you assign the functions to buttons

They would then look something like this in IR
TV;DiscreteON; TV; TV; 1093; $20 $52; 160* (Use Hex)

That’s what it does look like in IR in the Simple (non extended) IR txt file, except that the TV device is not assigned to a device code its just done with a Key Move and I assigned it to Power so I could test it. So it looks like :

TV:Power:N/A:TV:1093:$20 $52:160* (Use Hex)

Sorry I must be really thick, but I don’t see where I've gone wrong, I've read and reread the instructions and what you have said. As far as I can tell I'm doing exactly what it says.

Richard
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear what you are saying. I juat could not figure out how you got the button definitions it into IR if you didn't associate it to a button in KM. Did you do it manually in IR?

Also, where did you find the fixed data value for the protocol of 84. Try 7C and see if that helps

Whatever way it goes I will just have to try these in mine and see what happens tonight
RichardP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
I hear what you are saying. I juat could not figure out how you got the button definitions it into IR if you didn't associate it to a button in KM. Did you do it manually in IR?

Also, where did you find the fixed data value for the protocol of 84. Try 7C and see if that helps

Whatever way it goes I will just have to try these in mine and see what happens tonight

Yes the values were entered directly in IR, I copied the hex values that were displayed in the Functions sheet of KM after entering the EFC and two byte Protocol number and delay.

The 84 comes from the Fixed Data field in KM after selecting the Sharp protocol and device code 30, which is what works without using the Device Combiner.

Richard
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard

I have good news and I have bad news.

It took me awhile to catch on that you were saying that the device combiner did not work with the extender or in the native remote. Actually, I didn't catch on to that until I tried the unextended version you posted. Anyway, I then went ahead and created one for my device to see if it would work and I could not get it to work either in the base or extended remote.

So, the good news is that it does not look like you did anything wrong with the device combiner.

The bad news is that the device combiner is not working in the 8060 for some reason so we don't have a cure for your signal duration problem.

Hopefully someone familiar with the device combiner is listening to this and can maybe provide some help. If the source is available for the DC maybe I can lend a hand in figuring out what is going on.
RichardP

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils,

I'll start a thread in the General Forum just to make sure. Smile

Richard
silron1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way of setting when the remote low batt. warning message comes on. Question

I have it defined on a button and it comes on when pressed but it does not appear to come on by itself.

With all the use on the new extender my batts got really low but the warning did not appear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: