JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Comcast remote remap codes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasman24

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Comcast remote remap codes Reply with quote

To make a short story long...
A couple of years ago my parents ended up with an extra remote when their cable box failed. The "old" remote worked with the "new" box, but some of the keys did not function correctly. At the time, I searched and was able to find a list of codes for the remote and was able to remap accordingly.
Well, I'm visiting my parents and they tell me that the old remotes "0" (zero) does not work correctly. When pressed, the "0" acts like a "1." A minor inconvenience when trying to go to any channel with a 0 in it, like 10, 100, 101, etc., but nonetheless they would like for me to fix it and have the 0 act like a 0. Of course, I googled but, I can not find the website that had the codes and instructions.
I'm not sure this is the right place to post this question, but figured I'd give it a shot. FYI, it's the darker/gray Comcast remote, not the silver one. TIA for any help.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try the following:

1. device key
2. press and hold SETUP for two blinks, release
3. enter 9 9 4
4. press 0
5. press 0 again
jasman24

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: That did it. Thanks!! Reply with quote

Masked Man,
Thanks so much for the quick reply. It worked, and my parents thank you as well.
If you don't mind me asking..is there a place I could get the codes so I can remap some of the other keys? I just noticed that the "Help" button doesn't do anything. Not that we want it to go to help, but we would like it to do something else. Also, we hate the "Live" button and would like to remap or disable that. So, if you could post a link, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!
jasman24

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaskedMan
Is there not a place/website/resource that I can get codes for different functionalities of our remotes? If this isn't available for public knowledge and you only answer specific questions, I understand. Please let me know if that is the case.
Thanks again for the initial help and clarifying this for me. Have a great day!
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not quite sure what your question is. If you want to know what can be done without a JP1 cable, using only the buttons, then the sticky at the top of this topic is a good reference: Manual Programming. Although your specific remote may not support all the options.

If what you want is beyond that, then the JP1 For Beginners is a good place to start.

If you can clarify your question, them maybe someone can give you more specific help.
jasman24

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pH7, thanks for the reply. Yes, I'm trying to remap without a cable via the buttons only. Looks the manual programming sticky is what I needed. Thanks again and if I have any questions, I'll start a new topic. I really do appreciate this forum & the help both of you provided.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: