JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

WAV Upgrade

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SiliconSentry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: WAV Upgrade Reply with quote

Hello, being new to the forum, and to doing JP1 upgrades myself, I thought this a good place to ask for some assistance.

I am attempting to upgrade my remote RS 15-2133 to work with my Regent HT-500 DVD/Surround system, and my Sansui HDLCD2600 TV.

I have pulled Device files from the file section, and using RM and IR have created upgrades and a WAV file in an attempt to add these devices to my remote.

I attempt the 'modem' upgrade by holding down the program hey for 3 seconds and entering 997 code. The screen goes blank and I start to play the WAV through my speakers, with the remote held up to it. a second or two before the wav ends, the remote comes back on however.

I have included a ZIP of my files: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11723

Hopefully one of you more knowledgeable JP folks will be able to see what I'm missing. I do not know if I have the .5K 1K 2K or 4K model, but have tried to upgrade using all 4 different remote settings.

Thank you in advance,
SiliconSentry
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've looked at your WAV files, and I don't see anything wrong with them. I believe that a 2133 usually has a 2K EEPROM. But it doesn't matter for WAV files--the WAV file for any of these memory sizes will be identical.

There are few things to check.
1) Be sure you have fresh or known good batteries. The WAV file data is written into the EEPROM and the battery voltage may become too low to effectively write the data.

2) The modem doesn't work on the basis of sound. Instead it responds to the magnetic field created by the speaker. Most computer speakers are magnetically operated, but the field does need to be strong. Play them loud. You may need to experiment with position or orientation of the remote in relation to the speakers.

3) Dose your remote rattle? If so, the modem coil, which detects the magnetic field, may have come loose inside the remote. If so, the wires will have broken. This is fixable using these instructions.
SiliconSentry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG

Thanks for the tips, and looking over my files.

I loaded the remote with new AAA's and tried again, it would seem that the DVD player is loading fine, the issue I'm having is just the TV, so I'm guessing I got the wrong codeset from the downloads.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a WAV file for the 15-2133, mentioned in this thread. It is known to work.

You could test using this file. If it works, you can at least be sure that the remote and your procedure are OK. By works, I mean loads OK, and the remote accepts 1877 as a cable code.

WAV upgrades overwrite any previously loaded upgrades, so there shouldn't be any harm in trying it.
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit of trial and error may be required. The remote has to be right up against the speaker since it isn't sound that it picks up but the magnetic fluctuation in the speaker coil. Then you might need to fiddle with the volume and the bass/treble. In the past (with an 8820) I had to basically hold the remote right against the speaker, set volume to mid-way, bass down low.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: