JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Select Mapped to Wrong Device

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lexluthor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Select Mapped to Wrong Device Reply with quote

I got a new device, so I'm back again. Always interesting re-learning this JP1 stuff every couple of years.

Anyhow, I have an Atlas 5 Day URC-1055 remote. I have a Fios Cable box and Panasonic Viera TC-L42E5 TV.

I found a pretty close Panasonic remotemaster device upgrade and loaded that and customized it to my liking.

I have pretty much everything working except that, even when I'm in TV mode, the Select button operates the cable box.

I have the Select button on the remote mapped to the Ok function of the TV.

If I map some other key on my remote to the Ok function of the TV, that does send the Ok command to the TV. It's only a problem when I have it mapped to the Select button on the remote.

I can't see anything in IR or RM that might be causing this, but I'm far from the expert.

Any ideas?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a flaw in the Atlas. Use a keymove on the select button to get it to remain in TV mode.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
lexluthor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Its a flaw in the Atlas. Use a keymove on the select button to get it to remain in TV mode.

How do I do that?

I checked my other remote and that doesn't occur. I'll try looking at those files in the meantime.
EDIT: don't see anything obvious in the other remote's file.

I do want to use the Select button for Cable too. Don't want it hardcoded to just the TV.

Hopefully, it's something easy you can assist further with

EDIT 2: Figured out how to do the key move. Don't have a key move for the other remote, but maybe that was done some other way. Don't know.

Appears to be working nicely.

Thanks for the quick response.

Once I tweak some more, I'll upload my RM device upgrade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: