JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yamaha YSP-2200 - Comcast CODE????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottmansour

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Yamaha YSP-2200 - Comcast CODE???? Reply with quote

After having a Yamaha Digital Sound Projector I am ready to throw it out!!! I love the sound but I am going crazy using two remotes. Tried a Universal remote but hated it. I just want to use the Comcast remote for the sound and both Comcast and Yamaha claim there is no code.

Has anyone figured this out?

I was going to just go get an LG system but read that there is no code for that one either.

Hate to of wasted $800 on this bar but I need to simplify our life....

I have a 60inch LG plasma it hooks up to.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Yamaha sound projectors use the NEC1 IR protocol, device 120. As you've found, the Comcast remotes don't have a built-in setup code to control that.

You can easily add capability to your Comcast remote using a JP1.3 cable. I recommend that you buy the FTDI USB to RS232 converter following these instructions. Then use Remote Master to add an upgrade to your Comcast remote. We'll be glad to help if you have any difficulty.
scottmansour

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Thanks... Reply with quote

I have no idea what you are talking about lol....I would be more than happy to compensate someone for helping me since it will be much less than buying a new system.

scottmansour@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Scott
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: