JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New to this group...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jukebox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: New to this group... Reply with quote

Hello and happy new year to everybody. OK so I have my Radio Shack 15-1994 6 in one smart AV remote and JP1 cable, hooking up fine via USB to my laptop.

I want to use this to duplicate Dish remote functions in a new downstairs home theatre-especially power on/off; and DVR functions. All seems encouraging. I have read lots of the JP1 info, done some hopefully correct downloads, but still a little fuzzy on what happens next, now encountering 3 different windows-- a From Rob.IR-Remote Controller Program interface; Also I have a bunch of extracted RDF's that are in another window, and another Keymap Master v-9.22 read-only interface. Uncertain what to do with all this. Thank you in advance for any assistance provided!
Mr Plastic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Getting started Reply with quote

Hi Jukebox

I recommend trying to upload a device to your RS-1994 and seeing how it works. I suspect there is a upgrade in the file section that should help. You'll have to tell the IR program the path to the RDF's so it recognizes your remote. You do this under file in the IR program. I always down load the remote and save that as a seperate file before I start programing the remote so I can always fall back to the original programming if my upgrades don't work out for the best.
To best use the keymaster program you need to read and understand this section and then try to find a device upgrade in the file section.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help2/
file section
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=4
But you need to try to remember to save your original download in case your upgrades aren't to your satisfaction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: