JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Extended RCA RCRP05B LKP timing issues
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob in order for us to do more than guess, we always need the files involved. We are relying on your observations, which may or may not have missed something. I'm really surprised that you hadn't tried the copy and paste much earlier. I definitely thought you had

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
bobbyt8888

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, just getting up to speed here. Embarassed
EDIT: Files are posted at: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12316 /EDIT

I was trying to get the Pause working using the current tools rather than pasting from another forum user's code. Is this doable?

In any case, the current problem is that LKP function works but changing the duration value has no effect. Not sure if this is a result of the Pause protocol patch or not.

I've started a new thread for this issue:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15195&highlight=

Thanks for your help (and your patience!)
-- Bob

Last edited by bobbyt8888 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, First make sure you are using the latest version of the extender. There were some issues with the pause protocol on some remotes that I found in December a new file was uploaded after that. if you don't have that one, you should go get it.

Next, I'm wondering why you don't want the pause interruptible? If you don't press a key then it just pauses like it should. by making the changes to the RDF you may be messing with the pause. Remember the pause on this remote is timed in 100ms blocks so the RDF entry has to have the right data in it to tell RMIR how to format up the pause.

The code for the pause on the 3179 remote is here:

Code:

0917:  28 03            LD   RC2,R03            ;get pause value from keymove (first byte)
0919:  C6 C0 3B 0E L1FB_1:        LDW   RC0,Delay100ms         ;100ms delay
091D:  F6 41 72         CALL   DelayScanKey         ;delay, scan keypad, return C=1=key pressed
0920:  7B 02            JRC   L1FB_2            ;key pressed, exit from pause loop
0922:  2A F5            DJNZ   RC2,L1FB_1         ;done delaying?  No, delay another 100ms

So you'd be changing the CALL at 91D to call $010D (instead of $4172) and the two bytes after that call at $920 to FF FF (NOP instructions) to do the patch

Oh, and on the question of the interference with another protocol $1FB. That would only be an issue for you if the devices that you are using are trying to use the built-in protocol $1FB. If they did they'd end up using the pause and weird things may happen.

When the remote is loading a device and/or protocol the first place it checks is in the upgrade area. If it's not there then it goes and gets it from the built in.
bobbyt8888

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I downloaded it a week or so ago. I'm assuming the one to use from here on out is the Common extender and not the RCRP05B v1.05, correct?

The 'long' LKP command sequence contains a Pause. If I hold the key long enough to activate the 'long' command set, the button is held down which cancels the Pause.

Yes, that patch is what mine looks like. (I've posted my files in the here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12314

I tried to put them in the Diagnostic area -- not sure how they wound up there.

How would I tell if another device was trying to use the $1FB protocol?
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobbyt8888 wrote:

How would I tell if another device was trying to use the $1FB protocol?

Genrally it stops working when you have the $1FB pause protocol in place and if you delete the pause protocol the device starts working again.

got it on why you want to kill the interruptible pause, that patch should do it for you
bobbyt8888

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So based on what several of you were saying, I took a step and started over with a fresh RCRP05B factory image, installed the Common v3.02 extender and uploaded it to the remote.

In this configuration, everything worked correctly, but the pause was interruptable. I applied the patch to disable this feature and now all works as I want.

Not sure what I did wrong that got me onto thinking that I had to change the Pause protocol but it appears that was a wild goose chase.

Thanks to Bill and Vicky for you assistance.

-- Bob
Ed

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject: Another example of pause not working on RCR? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I believe I'm struggling with the same issue involving the use of "pause" as jeajea reported originally in this thread, and I can't figure out how to proceed. I posted a copy of my rmir file here for reference: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12496.

I'm using LKP for device selection in what I think is the "standard" way. Within the LKP special function, I've embedded a pause to account for power on delays on my TV and receiver. (I've done this for the TV device selection only for testing.) Bottom line is I can't figure out how to get the pause to have any effect. I suspect the long key press is interrupting the pause.

Can I fix this using current tools or is there a way to work around the problem I'm having?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Ed
tranx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our TVs seem to start with the input set to whatever it was when the TV was last switched off.

Just a thought, but if your TV works in the same way:
- perhaps by adding the command for the required default (TV input) to the TV's power off macro, you could avoid the need, at TV power on, to apply a delay and a TV input command.

PS
Our TV is the hub and a BluRay/Home Theatre/Receiver is not always in use but it takes over 30secs to warm up from mains power off, so we use a separate on-off button for that. Then, when the BluRay eventually becomes ready, the appropriate CEC settings on BluRay and TV can mostly deal with TV's sound input.
Ed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
- perhaps by adding the command for the required default (TV input) to the TV's power off macro, you could avoid the need, at TV power on, to apply a delay and a TV input command.

I think this is a good idea, and I'm going to try it. As an example, our "main" TV -- a Vizio -- is usually configured to display the satellite video signal and our Onkyo receiver is used for satellite audio. The Onkyo requires a couple seconds to "warm up", but the Vizio requires at least 5 seconds, necessitating a long pause. Occasionally we watch a Blu-Ray or a recorded program on our laptop/docking station, each of which requires different TV and receiver input configurations. Applying your suggestion, I'll set the receiver to output sound from the satellite port and the TV to play video from the satellite port before shutting each of them down via my power off macro.

In addition, perhaps I should use a "cold start" of the system that brings it up in default mode before switching to the Blu-ray or laptop. That would also help avoid pauses, or what happens when you don't use a pause. Maybe that's why some of the Comcast remotes come with an "All On" button?

I have a TV on my patio which I use for satellite, audio only, and OTA TV. The TV is an RCA that takes 8 or 9 seconds to warm up, and, moreover, there are no discretes for input selection. To avoid using long pauses followed by very long input selection macros every time I fire it up, I've programmed my remote, via ToadTogs, to keep track of whether my TV is in OTA or satellite mode when I shut it off. If it's in satellite mode when I shut it off and and I press the SAT button on the remote to turn it back on, the macro skips all the needed pauses and input selections. It works pretty well, but it suffers from occasional out-of-sync problems common to ToadTogs.

Incidentally, as I worked through my issues with pause (my post above), I figured out that putting a pause on the long side of the special function effectively canceled the pause because of the way the extender works. The work around, suggested by someone here, was to use the short side for input configuration, etc., and the long side just for "device selection".

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: