JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

One For All learning problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
malimuda

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: One For All learning problem Reply with quote

O.k. I have a problem which is annoying. I have One For All URC-8610 universal remote controller and I am trying to use learning function for replacing my View Sonic VMP74 Full HD network media player remote (this remote is not in their Internet database). The problem is that although this universal remote reports that he has learned e.g. POWER button, he can not reproduce it properly (in other words - button is not working) !!! This is not the case for using learning function for other devices (e.g. Samsung TV remote ...). Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem and how to solve it? Thanks.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a learnable signal. Its a Nec1 64.64 signal.

My guess is that you are not capturing the first part of the signal.
    *Make sure you have fresh batteries in both remotes.
    *Darken the room, daylight and flourescent lights can play a part
    *Make sure to start the learning on the learning remote, before you press the OEM

The first part of the signal is the most important part.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
malimuda

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: One For All learning problem Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip! However, after inserting new batteries and repeating the process 10 more times in dark room, OFA still did not learn well. Maybe I was not precise enough, ... the OFA remote says "Captured it!" - "Congratulations!" ... but the button do not work.

The same procedure with: LG TV, Samsung TV (2 models) and LG HDD video recorder went without any problem.

The problematic device is also CISCO Cable TV BOX (but this device is in the OFA database, so remote works with it).
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you testing the command in device mode or activity mode? If you are in activity mode, you may not have the power button assigned to the viewsonic device.
malimuda

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: One For All learning problem Reply with quote

I was in Device mode.

Finally, I have solved the problem and this method I have used could help somebody ... !!!

So, I have used my old universal remote (Ednet) to learn the POWER (and all other) codes from original VS remote. This universal remote never had problems with VS frequencies. Then, in the dark room, I have directed both remote controllers (Ednet and original VS) into One For All, and pressed respective buttons simultaneously. After several unsuccessful tries, OFA has finally learned all the codes!

I have to mention that no learning was possible using only single remotes (universal Ednet or original VS). All remotes had new batteries.

Problem is now solved but I still do not know why One For All needed this stereo-learning input. Any ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: