JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Eyemax ht-04cd security dvr protocol needed.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,
Yes, neither the UEI or Pronto Hex exports are correct for Power or 4, showing a repeated aspect to the signal that isn't actually there. These are also the only two signals for which the automated IRP analyzer didn't succeed. The problem doesn't seem to be associated with the order of the learns nor the quality of the learns, which is quite good.
diysteve

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried out if the remote works or not yet but is there something you need me to redo in order for you to get the correct figure?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Rob and I are discussing a bug in one of our tools. But we do need a report once you've tested the upgrade.
diysteve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so the quality control with these dvr's aren't the greatest. I have three of the same dvr and the first and second capture that was done was with the remotes that don't seem to work on the dvr's. So the only remote that does work I now captured and the only differece that I can tell is now there is a device number so this code would be the one to use in order to see if it controls the dvr's.

Thanks in advance...Steve.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11638
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diysteve wrote:
I haven't tried out if the remote works or not yet but is there something you need me to redo in order for you to get the correct figure?

Could you go ahead and try the upgrade bins that I generated please.
diysteve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob...I am using the one you asked me to upgrade and replace. Do you want me to try the previous versions?
diysteve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw...The .bin files that you created I tried did not work.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Steve said this morning that his captures on which we based all of our upgrades were taken from OEM remotes that didn't actually control his DVR.

Now he has submitted a new ICT file that shows the device is 17.0. Steve, you don't need any help from us or to thank us "in advance". Make a new RMDU file and bin file with the device number from your new ICT file.

Just what does DIY at the beginning of you user name stand for? Cool
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diysteve wrote:
btw...The .bin files that you created I tried did not work.

I don't get it, why would you post an ICT file captured from a remote that doesn't work, because obviously, even if our upgrade replicates it perfectly it won't work either.
diysteve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should know by now what DIY stands for...(Damage It Yourself) Well what happen is that I have three brand new dvr's all the same but I did not know that two right out of the box of the three remotes were bad but only one was good out of the batch that actually controlled the dvr so I then took the captures from that remote to see if there was a difference or if it has any relevance to the capture.

One thing that I don't see listed that I took from the custom one you made was to make sure the Protocol is set to Manual Settings and I entered 17 into the Device 1: protocol parameters section and now I am using the other data in the functions tab.

I just want to send props to you all that help people like me who just yesterday had no clue what all this stuff is or what I was getting myself into so my learning curve was crazy. Very Happy
diysteve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I thought that I move on to the other dvr that I have and this one is getting a NEC protocol. Just NEC nothing more so I guess I have to treat this one as a manual settings also but the device number is 210.43 and I can't enter a decimal in the box in RM.

Any suggestions?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

210.43 is Device 210 and Subdevice 43. A decode of NEC is explained in DecodeIR.html (distributed with RemoteMaster). Or you can see the Wiki, although it isn't quite up to date for some other newer IR protocols. NEC1 and NEC2 differ only in the way they repeat, and a decode of NEC means that the captured signal didn't repeat. Usually this means it is necessary to hold the OEM button a little longer while capturing.

Anyway, there is no need for manual settings; either NEC1 or NEC2 will work reasonably well. NEC1 is much more common, and I would try that. Of course redoing the learns with a longer button press may tell you which one is actually correct.
diysteve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I hold down the button longer all I get is dittos and no update on the protocol. I will try the nec1 + 2 and see how that goes.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dittos means it is NEC1.
diysteve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh well I must be missing something b/c either control bin files don't work on the slingbox. I checked the IR's on the slingbox and they work but nothing when trying out the bin files.

Last edited by diysteve on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: