JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RC-6 with 5 devices?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TiceRex

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: RC-6 with 5 devices? Reply with quote

Dear All,

I tried to make a device upgrade for my friend's Philips Home Theater System HTS-3300, but I found that it is using five different device codes: 0, 4, 16, 17, 21. I could not find any RC-6 protocols which could be able to do this.

Please help, how should I set it up?

Thank you in advance,
TiceRex
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a couple of ways to do this.

You can set up a helper upgrade, to go along with the RC5/6 combo and then do keymoves using the helper upgrade to do supplement the first upgrade.

You could use the "device combiner" with the plain RC6 protocol,

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
There are a couple of ways to do this.

You can set up a helper upgrade, to go along with the RC5/6 combo and then do keymoves using the helper upgrade to do supplement the first upgrade.

You could use the "device combiner" with the plain RC6 protocol,

I would suggest the first route. Also you can assign the keys from the helper upgrade as 'external functions' in the primary RM upgrade so that it is more complete.

xnappo
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When looking into this I found something odd in RM. The RC5/6 combo has 3 device slots on the setup tab, yet 4 are available in the drop down in the functions tab. The 4th has a value of XXX. I also see 4 slots in the lookup tool? Is something missing in protocols.ini or is mine out of date?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lookup Tool isn't quite right. That first device (132 for V2) corresponds to the first two fixed bytes which are 95 30 (it is bit doubled). RC6 begins with 1:1,0:3,<-2,2|2,-2>(T:1), and when bit doubled, that yields the first two bytes. The next 6 fixed bytes correspond to the actual 3 device numbers.

It take 2 bits to describe 3 states; states 0, 1, and 2 are the 3 devices, and 4th state isn't used so it is called XXX. The syntax of the command translator doesn't allow us to just leave out the 4th state.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: