JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Denon AVR-1911 codes and RCA RCRP05BR remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark2013

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Denon AVR-1911 codes and RCA RCRP05BR remote Reply with quote

I have the codes in .xls format for the Denon AVR-1911 (amp/AM-FM) and don't understand which numbers to enter into the remote. The .xml file has literally 207 codes, each 4 digits. I only want to turn the device on, change input (TV, CD, DVD) and change volume and mute. The RCA has 4 codes for Denon and 2 of them will operate the menu and power off-on but nothing else, that is no volume control, no mute.

If anybody wants this .xls file I would be happy to post it at this forum, but somebody is going to have to tell me how to do that. It is 2.0 meg in size

For what it's worth, the hex numbers can be seen at my pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/4T5UQDER
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This spreadsheet has lots of OBC values, which you can convert to EFCs using RemoteMaster, specifying the RCA RCRP05B as the remote, and selcting Denon Combo (Official) as the executor. (Don't try to use the EFCs in the spreadsheet.) When you want to assign the EFCs, be sure to use Audio 1360. Only the Denon tab is useable without an interface cable.

Also, 1360 does send Volume and Mute, but the remote by default is set into channel lock mode. You can disable that for Audio using the 973 command.
PeteHarland

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have previously uploaded an upgrade with all the codes for a Denon AVR-2808 here http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11304 . This was taken from the Denon website and decoded by The Robman. You should find most of the codes work for your Denon amp. I have used the same codes to set up my Daughter’s Denon AVR-2802.
Mark2013

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
This spreadsheet has lots of OBC values, which you can convert to EFCs using RemoteMaster, specifying the RCA RCRP05B as the remote, and selcting Denon Combo (Official) as the executor. (Don't try to use the EFCs in the spreadsheet.) When you want to assign the EFCs, be sure to use Audio 1360. Only the Denon tab is useable without an interface cable.

Also, 1360 does send Volume and Mute, but the remote by default is set into channel lock mode. You can disable that for Audio using the 973 command.

PeteHarland

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:52 am Post subject: Reply with quote
I have previously uploaded an upgrade with all the codes for a Denon AVR-2808 here http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11304 . This was taken from the Denon website and decoded by The Robman. You should find most of the codes work for your Denon amp. I have used the same codes to set up my Daughter’s Denon AVR-2802.

WTH?

code backwards and from:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9844

"Are you talking about adding functions over and above those found on the OEM remote? If not, you don't need to bother with the binary in the pdf file, you can just learn the buttons and get the codes that way."

So, someone give me a How-To on "learn the buttons" - when I read my "manual" I know it can learn but reading the manual makes no provision for the codes at the above URL.

By the bye: I'm a noob here. Not looking for a handout, only a hand. And the above 2 responses are totally confusing. I don't know OBC and EFC and just what is a RemoteMaster? Just send me to the URLs and I'll try to figure this out on my own. Thank you.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark,
I know there is a huge learning curve here. Did you see we have a Wiki?

If that is too disconnected, perhaps this PDF document might help.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8629
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: