JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hacking the Atlas XL 1047

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carsonlittle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Hacking the Atlas XL 1047 Reply with quote

I would like to repurpose some Charter Communication remote controls I have laying around (I have been meaning to JP1 for 3 years now but never had this strong an urge yet).

These are Atlas XL 1047, Model Number: URC-1047

From posts on this forum, the Atlas 1047 is certainly not a JP1, now known to require a JP1.x cable and new RDF. Pin5 needs to be in circuit so it's JP1.1/2(?)

Since it uses a single SST flash processor I am assuming this is a JP1.1 remote

Unfortunately, not a lot of people seem to use this model and hence there is not much work done using this although a RDF that exists for this: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5983

What I want to do with this remote is:

1. Program it to replace the five odd remotes I have around the house (3 of them use RC5 and one NEC. The other is a Sony remote I did not get around to monitoring on a scope yet)

2. Add some macro facility so that I have to press less buttons to setup my 5.1 reciever when I want to watch a movie on my TV or play a game on my XBOX

What I would like to know is if I can hope to achieve either of these using this model or should I forget this one and purchase a more "popular" one?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you already have an RDF, I don't see any reason not to try. Doesn't matter how popular it is, as long as it works, which it apparently does.

You'll have to confirm if it has macro capability by simply trying it.

If it doesn't work, I recommend getting an atlas 1067bx3 if you want something similar to the 1047. Otherwise get an RCA RCRP05B which is a much better remote over all since it can also learn and has more/newer built-in codes and protocols.
carsonlittle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This RDF/Map works great http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5983

I am getting tripped by an apparent 15 step limitation when creating a macro: Why can't I code more than 15 entries into a macro? Is it a limitation of the remote and I need to use/write an extender to allow ~12 button presses (but a few of those buttons need to be pressed ~5 times each) instead?

I really want to press a single button on the remote and the remote fires off these "buttons" for me.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carsonlittle wrote:
This RDF/Map works great http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5983

I am getting tripped by an apparent 15 step limitation when creating a macro: Why can't I code more than 15 entries into a macro? Is it a limitation of the remote and I need to use/write an extender to allow ~12 button presses (but a few of those buttons need to be pressed ~5 times each) instead?

I really want to press a single button on the remote and the remote fires off these "buttons" for me.

Yep there is a 15 step limit for most remotes. The length of the macro is is specified in 1 nibble 0-F, hence the 15 step limit. Some remotes let you chain them end to end. Most don't allow chaining macros.

As far as I know, nobody has written an extender for any of the SST remotes. On the whole, its easier to write an extender for the flash remotes, than it is for the real eeprom remotes, because code can be executed where it lies, it doesn't have to paged into memory with relative addresses, but the itty-bitty E2 area is a real challenge. Most Flash remotes have an E2 area ~3x times bigger than this remote. So you are facing both a new language and a tiny e2 if you want to get an extender in this remote.

It is not impossible, but its a HUGE undertaking.

I was the first to write an extender for the HCS08 remotes, and it took me about 3 months to lift an extender I wrote for my S3C8 URC-7800 and translate it into a new language and adapt it for the HCS08 quirks.

That was easy in coparrison to figuring out how to adapt my JP1.2 extender to run on a Comcast 1067A with an itty bitty E2 area, like your remote has.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: