JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

adding to Macro for URC-9910b
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radunn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Build Macros for URC-9910 (Samsung ln40A550 modes) Reply with quote

I have posted the RM & IR files currently used on my urc-9910 remote. My objective is to append the macros for M1 and M3 keys. For M1 I want the TV to automatically switch to Component1; for M3 I want the TV to switch to HDMI2. Learning this step/phase should allow me to make future appends.

Here are the links for the files.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7095

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7094

I think this post is better than previous post related to this subject; please delete it. In advance, thanks for your time and support.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radunn, if the discretes work, it would seem that you just need to assign them to a keymove and then include them in your macro.

You could assign them to a phantom, but I'd suggest you assign them to a real shifted key so that you can access them outside the macro too. Remember if you put them on a shifted number key that to access them OUTSIDE a macro you'd need to press the set key twice.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
radunn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Radunn, if the discretes work, it would seem that you just need to assign them to a keymove and then include them in your macro.

Not sure what you mean by keymove? Wouldn't I need something that works first, then a keymove?
Quote:

You could assign them to a phantom, but I'd suggest you assign them to a real shifted key so that you can access them outside the macro too. Remember if you put them on a shifted number key that to access them OUTSIDE a macro you'd need to press the set key twice.

Not sure how to do this but in IR I enabled Shift at the Macros tab. All that did was require me to hit the Set button on the remote before pressing M1 or M3 key but it still did not work.

Did you look at the files I posted, esp IR? If you check the Macros tab in IR you'll see my macros. My objective is for the TV to switch to Component1 when M1 is pressed and HDMI2 when M3 is pressed. Component1 and HDMI2 are in the RM file at Buttons tab. Thank you for your input.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at this IR file. This is what I was talking about. Sometimes seeing it is easier than reading it.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7098

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
radunn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Look at this IR file. This is what I was talking about. Sometimes seeing it is easier than reading it.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7098

Thank you, I downloaded and applied it; still doesn't switch. The TV remains at the last mode before shut off.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so the Select Component 1 and Select HDMI2 don't work directly, perhaps you need to be in the input selection menu for them to work.

Try navigating to the input selection menu (I think pressing TV/VCR usually gets you there) and then pressing tv-set-set-1 and tv-set-set-2 and seeing if that function works when you are in the menu.

radunn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Okay, so the Select Component 1 and Select HDMI2 don't work directly, perhaps you need to be in the input selection menu for them to work.

Try navigating to the input selection menu (I think pressing TV/VCR usually gets you there) and then pressing tv-set-set-1 and tv-set-set-2 and seeing if that function works when you are in the menu.

You are correct. TV/VID gets me into the menu. Repeated pressing TV/VCR highlights component1, hdmi1, hdmi2 etc.

Before trying the appended macros, CBL was the last mode for M1, CD for M2; then pressing TV__ 1,2, or 3 enables the modes (component1, hdmi1, hdmi2) I was hoping for something inclusive in the macro. Again, thanks for your support.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Before trying the appended macros, CBL was the last mode for M1, CD for M2; then pressing TV__ 1,2, or 3 enables the modes (component1, hdmi1, hdmi2) I was hoping for something inclusive in the macro.

I really don't understand what you are looking for. Sorry. Hopefully someone else will be able to help.

radunn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Quote:
Before trying the appended macros, CBL was the last mode for M1, CD for M2; then pressing TV__ 1,2, or 3 enables the modes (component1, hdmi1, hdmi2) I was hoping for something inclusive in the macro.

I really don't understand what you are looking for. Sorry. Hopefully someone else will be able to help.

I'm sorry if I confused you with the "trying appended macros....." etc. Basically I'm looking for what we've tried but so far unsuccessful.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly, you haven't provided an understandable explanation of what you want to do, and more especially what you've tried.

So let me take a shot at what I think you want to do, and then how I would try to implement it.
I think you want to walk up to a shut-off system, press M1, and have the TV turn on, then the cable box turn on, and then place the TV to HDMI1
Similarly, you want to press M3, have the TV turn on, the DVD player turn on, and select TV input HDMI2.

Here's what I can see you've done: installed an upgrade for the TV that assigns the discrete commands select HDMI1 and HDMI2 to the digit buttons 1 and 2.

I can't tell if you've demonstrated that the discrete command work or not, nor can I tell how you may have incorporated them into the macros.
Questions:
1) With the TV already on, and after pressing the TV device button, does the TV switch directly to HDMI1 when you press the "1" key? If not, we need to understand why the discrete code doesn't work. As a test, I would simply (in TV mode) press setup, and key in 081 (the EFC for HDMI1). It may be a good idea to make sure that you are following the right process, by first trying this with EFC 186 (vol+). I am a little concerned that the "1" key may be routed to your cable rather than to your TV.
2) Assuming that works, in TV mode, with the TV off, then pressing the power key, and the "1" key in rapid succession, does the TV switch to HDMI1? If not, you'll probably need to arrange a delay between power on and the command to select HDMI1. It could be that the time spent turning on the cable will be sufficient.

If HDMI1 can be selected immediately after the power is turned on, then your macro would simply be TV;power;1;Cable;power. Or if a small delay is sufficient it could be TV;power;Cable;power;TV;1.

Please tell us the results of these tests (and not just "it didn't work")
radunn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:

I think you want to walk up to a shut-off system, press M1, and have the TV turn on, then the cable box turn on, and then place the TV to HDMI1
Similarly, you want to press M3, have the TV turn on, the DVD player turn on, and select TV input HDMI2.

This is 100% correct except for M1 (I want component1, not HDMI1). Where you've typed HDMI1, replace that with component1.
Quote:

Here's what I can see you've done: installed an upgrade for the TV that assigns the discrete commands select HDMI1 and HDMI2 to the digit buttons 1 and 2.

Again you're correct. I assigned button numbers (1,2,3) to HDMI1, HDMI2, and Component1 sequentially.
Quote:

Questions:
1) With the TV already on, and after pressing the TV device button, does the TV switch directly to HDMI1 when you press the "1" key? If not, we need to understand why the discrete code doesn't work. As a test, I would simply (in TV mode) press setup, and key in 081 (the EFC for HDMI1). It may be a good idea to make sure that you are following the right process, by first trying this with EFC 186 (vol+). I am a little concerned that the "1" key may be routed to your cable rather than to your TV.
2) Assuming that works, in TV mode, with the TV off, then pressing the power key, and the "1" key in rapid succession, does the TV switch to HDMI1? If not, you'll probably need to arrange a delay between power on and the command to select HDMI1. It could be that the time spent turning on the cable will be sufficient.

If HDMI1 can be selected immediately after the power is turned on, then your macro would simply be TV;power;1;Cable;power. Or if a small delay is sufficient it could be TV;power;Cable;power;TV;1.

Please tell us the results of these tests (and not just "it didn't work")
When the TV is on, pressing number key 1 immediately switches to HDMI1. When the TV's on, pressing the following also work: #2 swithces to HDMI2, #3 to Component1

When the TV's off, pressing Power followed by rapid succession of number keys 1, 2 or 3 does not switch to the desired mode. It remains at the active mode when the TV was turned off.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, let's find out how much time must elapse after you issue the command to turn on the TV until the TV will accept your command to go to the desired input. That will determine what kind of approach we may want to use to cause a delay in your macro. I'd probably try to do this by (with the TV off) pressing power, waiting 5 seconds, and then pressing the 1,2,or 3 key. Presumably it will switch as desired. Then I would try 4, 3, 2, 1 seconds.

Typically each step in a macro will consume 0.25 seconds, so if the required delay is less than 1 second, just Tv;power,Cable;power;TV;1 will be close to sufficient delay.

For testing you could just edit your macro to send additional unneeded macro keystrokes between TV and 1, e.g. Vol+;Vol-;. By varying the number of unneeded keystrokes, you can find the minimum delay.
radunn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
OK, let's find out how much time must elapse after you issue the command to turn on the TV until the TV will accept your command to go to the desired input. That will determine what kind of approach we may want to use to cause a delay in your macro. I'd probably try to do this by (with the TV off) pressing power, waiting 5 seconds, and then pressing the 1,2,or 3 key. Presumably it will switch as desired. Then I would try 4, 3, 2, 1 seconds.

I tried the above, the result is when Power is pressed the TV's IR/Power light blinks (once per second) four times. Pressing any key before the 4th blink is fruitless. After the 4th blink, then the number keys work
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four seconds, huh? That's a long time standing there pointing the remote at the TV. But assuming you want to go ahead, you'll need a 4 second pause function.

In RM, on the setup page, one of the protocols you can select is Pause Protocol (Special). Read the instructions there. You'll be able to set up a phantom or shifted key that invokes the pause. You can then put that virtual key in your macro.

Another approach is to use the Zenith trick
radunn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
In RM, on the setup page, one of the protocols you can select is Pause Protocol (Special). Read the instructions there. You'll be able to set up a phantom or shifted key that invokes the pause. You can then put that virtual key in your macro.

In RM (Setuup tab) I don't see where to add special protocol. In IR [Remote Control Programmer v8.0 (Special Protocols tab)] when I click Add button I can only enable Device and Key. At Parameters/Type (where Pause is) it's greyed/inactive. We're on the right track though regarding at least 4 sec pause.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: