JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Directv HR24-100 and URC 9910
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the upgrade doesn't work, you probably have your HR-24 in RF mode. Change it to IR mode in the remote setup on the DVR and see what happens. Also make sure the address is set to 1 under Advanced.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, he didn't get the 2blink confirmation. It might be that the WAV didn't upload correctly. I'm thinking his SAT button is not in SAT mode, but I don't know how to correct this on an LCD remote with no LCD. I don't know how to do a 992 on an LCD.
smicon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so why do you think it is not working?
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

without a working LCD, thats why it didn't load, it wasn't in the mode to accept wav file.
smicon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the directions I had we're step by step. The buttons work just not the display. Did u see the directions I used? We're they ok? If I pressed the buttons the right amount of times it should work. The light went out when it should. What do u think.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been a really really long time since I played with an 8910. I didn't realize that all the feedback was through the LCD. There never are two blinks. So you really are blind.

But that also means that mdavej's advice about the directv mode is right on. I assumed since you didn't get the two blinks that there was a failure, but I was wrong.

smicon wrote:
I got it from here
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4387
And followed these instruction.

Before playing the sound file:
• Turn your speakers' volume to half of MAX and turn the TONE to MAX (if any). If you have small speakers, it's better to turn up the volume more.
• Press and hold the 'SET' key until you see ‘CODE SET’ on the LCD screen. Arrow up one time, the screen should read ‘UPGRADE’. Press ‘SELECT’ the screen should read ‘DOWNLOAD’. Press ‘SELECT’ again, the IR indicator light should come on and stay on.
• Hold the remote above the bubble for the battery compartment on the back of the remote. The remote should face you. It is recommended that the back of the remote touches the speaker.

Good?

I dug out a 8910 and followed the procedure pretending I didn't have an LCD. The problem is I only have a headphone, no speakers. So I had a lot of failures before I finally got a success.

When the IR indicator comes on, you should play the WAV. The IR light will flicker about every half second and go off immediately when the wav is done playing. If it stayed on, the wav was not successful.

Then I pressed SAT, followed by the Long press of the SET button. It went into Code SET, I typed in 1377 and received Success. Then I pressed the exit button.

I tested it and its sending out Directv codes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
I also did a BLIND reset. This gets rid of EVERYTHING, all learns, setup codes, keymoves,

Press and hold SETUP until screen reads "CODE SET"
Press RECORD
Screen reads "MFR RESET"
Press Select
Screen Reads "CONFIRM"
Press Select

That gives you a remote directly as it came from the factory.
--------------------------------------------

Hope that helps.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the Directv receiver itself, if you do the following on the directv remote:

1. dtv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter 0 0 0 0 1

And the receiver doesn't respond to the remote, then it won't respond to 9910 loaded with SAT code 1377.

That means its either in RF mode, or set to alternate IR address. Use the front panel keys to put it into IR mode using DIRECTV( what directv calls default address 00001 in the menu) codeset under Receiver Mode in the menu of the receiver.
smicon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll try again tonight. Starting to think maybe the wave did not load correctly. The led light actually went out before the waive finished.
smicon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried again, but no luck. the download seemed to work...the red light went out when the recording ended. I put in the code....but still does not work directv box.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaskedMan wrote:
As for the Directv receiver itself, if you do the following on the directv remote:

1. dtv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter 0 0 0 0 1

And the receiver doesn't respond to the remote, then it won't respond to 9910 loaded with SAT code 1377.

That means its either in RF mode, or set to alternate IR address. Use the front panel keys to put it into IR mode using DIRECTV( what directv calls default address 00001 in the menu) codeset under Receiver Mode in the menu of the receiver.

Did you try the above with your original white directv remote? To see if it were set to default IR address?
smicon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it responded to the remote...now what?
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replace the remote?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/One-For-All-URC-9910-RF-IR-All-In-One-Learning-Remote-/321032543299?pt=US_Remote_Controls&hash=item4abf07dc43

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HT-Pro-Plus-URC-9811B00-RF-IR-All-In-One-Learning-Remote-/321032542666?pt=US_Remote_Controls&hash=item4abf07d9ca
smicon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but what if my directv box is too new and the code is the issue? i think i may get one of those directv rf remotes
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one knows more about directv remotes then me, believe it. The codes have not changed. UEI SAT code 1377 matches the default codeset 00001 in the Directv white remotes.

If you were to get RF directv remote, and switch the receiver to RF mode, (receiver can only be IR or RF, never both), then no currently made universal remote will ever control it being RF mode. Except discontinued remotes from xsight and nevo.

What is model # of your directv remote anyways?

If your hr24 is in IR mode, and WAV file isn't control it, it just has to be something with 9910 remote. Without a working LCD, how are you sure it was in SAT mode when you programmed in code 1377? On a 9910, each device can be programmed for whatever device code you want. Theres no use 992 command code to make sure a device is SAT device and only SAT device!
smicon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hit the SAT button.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: